Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Manchester Arena attack

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Manchester Arena attack

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:15 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
yoda wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:What a Scanky tramp.
She deserves all she gets.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3697123/m ... cil-house/

To me this says more about The Sun than the people in the contents of this 'news' article.

I agree. A revolting piece of journalism, pandering to the worst aspect of society and the jealously and selfishness of bitter people.

But if the Guardian printed it then it would be ok ?
Go and find someone else to tell you have been to 45 countries and while your at it take Mr Angry Powell with you.
Idiot.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh look, an irrelevant rhetorical question - It's effluent The Guardian wouldn't wipe it's backside with - and then straight to the predictable slippage into more personal abuse.

*shrug* I've said it before but your opinion in worthless to me, primarily because you instantly devolve into playground attack mode no matter what the input, so I might as well call you a knob and just let you bubble away in your own over-wrought mixture of hate, intolerance and irrelevance.

I can already predict the response, 60% chance of something to do with medals, 44% of ladyboys and almost certainly something about how immigrunts have stolen your personality and replaced it with that of a juvenile whelk.

PS Thick.

yoda
Site Addict

Re: Manchester Arena attack

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:12 am

swampysaddler wrote:
Explain why please ? Is it because it is reported in the Sun and you don't like the Sun ?
I have posted many stories on here from media outlets I don't like (BBC being one).
Is it his fault that he has had pouring of help due to his heroic work that night ?
Should he be called "A heroin druggie" on social media by a single mother on benefits ?

Sure. However first let me float the idea that perhaps it isn't the case that I dislike the article because its from The Sun, but rather I dislike The Sun because of articles like this?
I don't have a favoured media outlet as I think its a dangerous way of thinking and I commend you on visiting BBC news if its unpleasant to you. One paper I read is The TImes, acknowledged right wing, and I'd be fairly surprised to find a story of this standard in their pages.

To answer your question - its because its essentially a non-story. It boils down to 'bitter woman makes silly post on social media then deletes it'. In terms of news, rather than sensationalism, what am I supposed to take away from this? That someone made a warped social media post without thinking? I see that 12 times a day.
There's been equally misinformed and hate-filled posts on this website alone (glaziers not selling windows to Asians springs immediately to mind).

Instead, The Sun have recognised this is linked to an emotive subject and packaged it up into a little bandwagon that people can get angry and jump on, most likely to get some website hits. For example, they say shes been getting death threats but still feel the need to reproduce her entire post - because forget her safety, we need even more people angry about this, right? They NEED to see it in all it's detail. Let them feel the rage.
No, the chap doesn't deserve to be called ' a heroin druggie' but we've all been called worse (again, on this site alone) and unless they're going to run a headline "Breaking: Life isn't fair and not always friendly" then the only reason this has been picked up is to make people angry and pass the link around because its such a trivial and regrettable incident.
I mean, isn't it usually you guys that get on at Saigon for being all PC and scared to upset people? And you're angry at what some loser you'll never meet or speak to has posted on the internet?

That is why the way The Sun have picked this up and packaged it says more to me than the content itself. Perhaps you like a bit of anger and emotion with your news, and I'm nobody to say that's wrong - maybe that's the root cause of our difference of opinion here.

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League