Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Manchester Arena attack

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Re: Manchester Arena attack

Sun May 28, 2017 8:01 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:The lesson (whatever government holds power) that has to be learned is not to let these scumbags back into our country in the first place, this loser had been over in the middle east fighting for ISIS, his father & brother are known to be terrorist sympathisers, yet he is allowed back into the country to carry out this appalling act, shame on our border authorities.
As a poster noted above, I would rather our country get a reputation for appalling regard for freedom of movement & immigration controls than continue to let these murderous scumbags roam our streets.

It's impossible to stop them all, even with the kind of police state that you seem to be clamouring for. You need to tackle the root cause, namely the kind of political instability which bombing has unfortunately intensified, an informed discussion (imagine that!) about the role of Islam in the 21st century, and the excesses of the Likud party of Israel.

Do you have a vote in the British election?

Why do you ask?

Need I say? rearrange this sentence " do if nose out keep you vote don't please Labour if do your"
I thankyu.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 8:47 am

Ancient Moaner wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:The lesson (whatever government holds power) that has to be learned is not to let these scumbags back into our country in the first place, this loser had been over in the middle east fighting for ISIS, his father & brother are known to be terrorist sympathisers, yet he is allowed back into the country to carry out this appalling act, shame on our border authorities.
As a poster noted above, I would rather our country get a reputation for appalling regard for freedom of movement & immigration controls than continue to let these murderous scumbags roam our streets.

It's impossible to stop them all, even with the kind of police state that you seem to be clamouring for. You need to tackle the root cause, namely the kind of political instability which bombing has unfortunately intensified, an informed discussion (imagine that!) about the role of Islam in the 21st century, and the excesses of the Likud party of Israel.

Do you have a vote in the British election?

Why do you ask?

Need I say? rearrange this sentence " do if nose out keep you vote don't please Labour if do your"
I thankyu.

Piss off, you massive arrogant pillock.

I have a vote in the British election under the British law and values you pretend to hold so dear and I'll use it.

Feel free to rearrange this: RNAKEW :P :P :P

ShyTallKnight
Glitterati

Sun May 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Do you have a vote in the British election?[/quote]

Why do you ask?[/quote]

I thankyu.[/quote]

Piss off, you massive arrogant pillock.

I have a vote in the British election under the British law and values you pretend to hold so dear and I'll use it.

Feel free to rearrange this: RNAKEW :P :P :P[/quote]

Ayup what happened to the lovey dovey liberal :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 4:38 pm

ShyTallKnight wrote:Ayup what happened to the lovey dovey liberal :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So anyone not adhering to the brain-fart of the wholesale liquidation of entire communities is now a lovey dovey liberal. :mrgreen:

Think you might have over-egged the cake there.
The bloke's an arse - check out his throwback 1930s rant on t'other thread. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sun May 28, 2017 4:49 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

So anyone not adhering to the brain-fart of the wholesale liquidation of entire communities is now a lovey dovey liberal. :mrgreen:

The bloke's an arse - check out his throwback 1930s rant on t'other thread. :oops: :oops: :oops:

This got me thinking about a debate I overheard the other day

Should ex pats be allowed to vote

The no campaign argued that after using taxpayers money to fund their education they then do not repay the country as taxes are paid to the foreign home and so forfeit voting rights

The yes campaign argued that we receive tax from workers educated by other countries and so it all balances out

Then the debate moved to should prisoners be allowed to vote and I wondered who would a convicted terrorist vote for

What do people think

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun May 28, 2017 5:06 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:

And you are a prick but we don't all crow about it.

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 5:12 pm

i often wonder why anyone living in another country would want to vote in a uk general election? what would be in it for them? how would the outcome affect their day to day living?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 5:14 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

And you are a prick but we don't all crow about it.

I think your every third post makes that appeal, normally after you run out of ideas on whatever topic we're debating.

The two are not mutually exclusive, by the way. :D

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 5:23 pm

chunkster wrote:i often wonder why anyone living in another country would want to vote in a uk general election? what would be in it for them? how would the outcome affect their day to day living?

LOL

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun May 28, 2017 5:30 pm

chunkster wrote:i often wonder why anyone living in another country would want to vote in a uk general election? what would be in it for them? how would the outcome affect their day to day living?

They vote because they know better than us living here.
Why not should we listen to the views of someone who primarily resides in the Far East and sides with terrorist sympathisers ?
Why not would someone residing in New Zealand not have a better opinion of things in the UK than say someone living on Beechdale ?
Personally I think your right to vote is gone as soon you leave the country.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 5:40 pm

swampysaddler wrote:

Why not should we listen to the views of someone who primarily resides in the Far East and sides with terrorist sympathisers ?
Why not would someone residing in New Zealand not have a better opinion of things in the UK than say someone living on Beechdale ?

Pathetic.

It's almost as if neither of you can think of anything relevant to the discussion and are forced to get personal ... imagine that!

:D :D :D

chunkster
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 6:21 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Pathetic.

It's almost as if neither of you can think of anything relevant to the discussion and are forced to get personal ... imagine that!

and in what way was my post personal? :| strikes me you are getting a bit paranoid :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun May 28, 2017 6:24 pm

chunkster wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:

Pathetic.

and in what way was my post personal? :| strikes me you are getting a bit paranoid :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

canadiansaddler
UTS Legend

Mon May 29, 2017 8:57 am

To clarify a Citizen off any country, should have the right to vote in that County I believe based on citizenship as the outcome of an election or referendum can affect a person citizenship regardless of where ever they live, be it WS1, Bangkok, middle earth or the great Lakes. A vote which strips me of my rights from which I have no say is not democratic in the slightest and that is a fact. So stop with the I have more rights than you bullshit

BarnsleySaddler
Glitterati

Mon May 29, 2017 4:02 pm

When I lived in France I still voted in UK elections as allowed by law. Why ? I had UK income came, I still paid UK tax, part of my healthcare was paid by the UK and any change of government could have had a detrimental affect on my circumstances while living abroad. Therefore I have a right to have a say on who the government should be.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 30, 2017 1:57 am

Ancient Moaner wrote: rearrange this sentence "do if nose out keep you vote don't please Labour if do your "
I thankyu.

Do Vote Labour. Please do keep your nose out if you don't?

UTS Legend

Tue May 30, 2017 2:33 pm

I'll be coming back in a year or two, so that I can get to see more of the Saddlers before I shuffle off. Obviously, I have a stake in the 'dementia tax'. :)

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Tue May 30, 2017 5:25 pm

A thread about the Manchester Arena Attack has quite rightly attracted sympathy and support for the victims and their families. I agree with those remarks.

True to UTS form it has once again quickly developed into arguments between fellow supporters or the blame for this atrocity being political or the fault of the governments foreign policy.

However, this was no random attack, it was an attack by a particular community, which we are not allowed to mention and was one of many planned attacks but one which actually got through undetected. It was an attack against western values which we all hold so dear and the type of terrorism which is happening all over the world and in countries which our foreign policy has not encroached. It was no coincidence that it was young girls and their mothers who were the victims and that's the reality of the situation.

I understand the banter with the football but It worries me when we are divided at a time like this.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue May 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Optimistic wrote:A thread about the Manchester Arena Attack has quite rightly attracted sympathy and support for the victims and their families. I agree with those remarks.

True to UTS form it has once again quickly developed into arguments between fellow supporters or the blame for this atrocity being political or the fault of the governments foreign policy.

However, this was no random attack, it was an attack by a particular community, which we are not allowed to mention and was one of many planned attacks but one which actually got through undetected. It was an attack against western values which we all hold so dear and the type of terrorism which is happening all over the world and in countries which our foreign policy has not encroached. It was no coincidence that it was young girls and their mothers who were the victims and that's the reality of the situation.

I understand the banter with the football but It worries me when we are divided at a time like this.

It was an attack by an extreme sect masquerading as Islamic fundamentalists. The wider Muslim community in Britain tried on more than one occasion to draw attention to the nutjob terrorist that carried out this atrocity.

Everyone is united against terrorism, knowing what to do about that feeling is a different thing. Casting aspersions against a whole 'community ... we are not allowed to mention' probably isn't a good idea.

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Exile wrote:
Optimistic wrote:A thread about the Manchester Arena Attack has quite rightly attracted sympathy and support for the victims and their families. I agree with those remarks.

It was an attack by an extreme sect masquerading as Islamic fundamentalists. The wider Muslim community in Britain tried on more than one occasion to draw attention to the nutjob terrorist that carried out this atrocity.

Everyone is united against terrorism, knowing what to do about that feeling is a different thing. Casting aspersions against a whole 'community ... we are not allowed to mention' probably isn't a good idea.

Perhaps 'particular section of a community' would have been better wording for me to use Exile, but thanks for the input.

UTS Legend

Wed May 31, 2017 3:53 am

ISIS are now blowing up children and families buying ice cream in Baghdad. Good luck in talking to these vile human beings.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 31, 2017 9:23 am

Guest wrote:ISIS are now blowing up children and families buying ice cream in Baghdad. Good luck in talking to these vile human beings.

I don't think anyone has suggested talking to the radicalised, what's the point?

But you can speak to the wider community and persons of influence, just like in any other conflict.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 am

Its a long term mission to attempt to resolve this.

We need to increase policing and security resources in order to monitor and intervene when there is risk in this country. This funding needs to be consistent over years.

We also need to work as closely as possible with other European security organisations to share intel, the combined resources will provide greater capacity.

The wider Muslim community needs to recognise there is a significant problem in their ranks and weed it out, its doing them no favours. If they hold similar views to the medieval thickos then they should relocate to a suitable country that matches their beliefs fullstop, the UK and rest of Europe isn't for them.

We need to extract ourselves from this shitty relationship with the Saudi's, they are one of the major reasons this fudge exist and are resourced. There are other sources of oil in the world (think Brexit mantra, we can trade with everyone!) and BAe should finding other customers to sell arms to. Intervention in the Middle East has left us with our soldiers dying over there, huge debts due to military funding for operations out there and we are resented for it. We should waste no more of our soldiers and resources there fullstop. Leave it to the Saudi's, Iranians and Israelis to fight over.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am

I don't often agree with Dominic Lawson but his article in the Sunday Times at the weekend is well worth a read. He references the ISIS periodical "Dabiq" and its reasons in ranked order of importance (to jihadists) for terrorism in non Muslim countries.

Top of the list: "We hate you, first and foremost, because you are disbelievers: you reject the oneness of Allah.. whether you realise it or not, you blaspheme against him, claiming he has a son...and you indulge in all manner of devilish practices"

Second on the list: "We hate you because your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited...thereby granting supreme authority to your whims and desires via the legislators you vote into power"

Third: "We hate you and wage war against you because you disbelieve in the existence of your lord and creator"

You have to get to the 6th most important reason before you get any reference to "invading our lands".

It goes onto say the biggest influence on the rise radical Islamism, Sayyid Qutb, developed a hatred of the west after living in America (1948-1950) and what he saw as its licentiousness and he developed a pathological hatred of female sexuality, individual freedoms, materialism, music, arts, sports etc.

If this kind of teaching is at the core of the brain washing process of radicalisation then I can only see any solution, even partial, is going to come largely from fellow Muslims seeking to divert them back to a path that most peaceful Muslims would follow. Whilst more bobbies on the beat, taking a community policing role, might help re-assure the public in a more visible way, it isn't going to be down to them to be the ones to turn around the perverted thinking of the few.

Also, I don't think it helps for the likes of Andy Burnham on QT last week to go out of his way to try and dissociate the actions of the Manchester scumbag from his core religion as though it is mere criminality. He was not an extremist Hindu, Jew, Christian, Buddhist and nor was he an extremist non-believer.....let's call it what it is but at the same time let's not tar all Muslims with the same brush.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:24 pm

What a Scanky tramp.
She deserves all she gets.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3697123/m ... cil-house/

yoda
Site Addict

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 pm

swampysaddler wrote:What a Scanky tramp.

To me this says more about The Sun than the people in the contents of this 'news' article.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:45 pm

yoda wrote:

To me this says more about The Sun than the people in the contents of this 'news' article.

Explain why please ? Is it because it is reported in the Sun and you don't like the Sun ?
I have posted many stories on here from media outlets I don't like (BBC being one).
This is a young mother who took to Social Media to air her views against, in my eyes, a hero on the night.
As a mate of mine has said it might have something to with the area she lives in.
Wisbech, a small town in Cambridgeshire, or Manchester a huge city in the North West.
Is it his fault that he has had pouring of help due to his heroic work that night ?
Should he be called "A heroin druggie" on social media by a single mother on benefits ?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 pm

yoda wrote:

I agree. A revolting piece of journalism, pandering to the worst aspect of society and the jealously and selfishness of bitter people.

chunkster
Site Addict

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:50 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
yoda wrote:

I agree. A revolting piece of journalism, pandering to the worst aspect of society and the jealously and selfishness of bitter people.
Well i thought it was right for them to expose the scum bags. just because the sun printed it, it doesn't take away the fact that they posted it :|

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:49 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
yoda wrote:

But if the Guardian printed it then it would be ok ?
Go and find someone else to tell you have been to 45 countries and while your at it take Mr Angry Powell with you.
Idiot.

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League