Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Manchester Arena attack

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Exile
Jobsworth

Manchester Arena attack

Tue May 23, 2017 8:47 am

Thoughts with those affected by a terrible event. Shocking news.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Re: Manchester Arena attack

Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 am

Sickening.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am

Awful... small kids too...

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Just foul. No justification can excuse this.

Stupid and selfish piece of cack.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Tue May 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Just announced second victim is an 8 year old little girl.
8 years old FFS.
RIP to all the victims.

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Tue May 23, 2017 12:45 pm

The daughter of a good friend wanted to go to the gig last night, but wasn't allowed due to exams- really brings it home.

If anything could actually make such a repugnant and reprehensible act somehow worse, it's that it was committed toward a high concentration of children and teenagers.

Scum is in no way a strong enough word for these perpetrators.

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue May 23, 2017 1:24 pm

R.I.P to those who have list their lives, hope the missing are found and the injured healed. A Huge amount of respect to the community of Manchester inbtheir acts of kindness and good deeds.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Tue May 23, 2017 3:23 pm

IHTC. wrote:R.I.P to those who have list their lives, hope the missing are found and the injured healed. A Huge amount of respect to the community of Manchester inbtheir acts of kindness and good deeds.

Indeed Lancashire folk are the kindest most friendly in England, without doubt. Such a wicked act cannot be expressed by mere words alone, utter scumbags, a curse on humanity, I am ashamed for them, why should enjoyment of life be so abominable to them? Just cack.
Heartfelt sorrow for the family and friends of those who have suffered at the hands of these scumbag brutes.

kshammer
Site Addict

Tue May 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Tragic that people innocently attending a pop concert have been targeted, especially one where the attendees would obviously be a high proportion of children.

They don't deserve to be called brutes or terrorists even. Cowardly and evil are the words I think of.

I've got two large gigs coming up in June. Can't wait to go.... fudge em trying to intimidate people.

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Tue May 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
IHTC. wrote:R.I.P to those who have list their lives, hope the missing are found and the injured healed. A Huge amount of respect to the community of Manchester inbtheir acts of kindness and good deeds.

Indeed Lancashire folk are the kindest most friendly in England, without doubt. Such a wicked act cannot be expressed by mere words alone, utter scumbags, a curse on humanity, I am ashamed for them, why should enjoyment of life be so abominable to them? Just cack.
Heartfelt sorrow for the family and friends of those who have suffered at the hands of these scumbag brutes.

Agreed the people of Manchester are top quality

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Tue May 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Over the last year or so I have not had any time at all for Donald Trump. I cannot think of anything i have agreed with when he has opened his moth.

Today that changed. I heard him in a press conference during his trip to Israel describe the people that organised this as losers. He does not want them called all the names that we are all currently using because that is what they want. Loser he feels is what they are.

I could not agree more

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue May 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Nothing to add really, other than a great deal of sympathy at the appalling sense of loss that the parents must be going through at the moment.

Absolutely grotesque.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Tue May 23, 2017 11:41 pm

So we are now at "Critical" .
Time for the Forces on the streets.

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Wed May 24, 2017 6:59 am

swampysaddler wrote:So we are now at "Critical" .
Time for the Forces on the streets.

If we all had one soldier each it wouldn't stop this type of attack.Soldiers on streets are propaganda for tourists.
Last edited by NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD on Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed May 24, 2017 8:58 am

Absolutely abhorrent attack by a cowardly individual.

Time to imprison people suspected of links to ISIS or any extremism. I'd rather we as a country be talked about as unfair and against liberty, than have cowardly scum free to walk the streets and kill kids.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed May 24, 2017 10:35 am

philthesaddler wrote:Absolutely abhorrent attack by a cowardly individual.

Time to imprison people suspected of links to ISIS or any extremism. I'd rather we as a country be talked about as unfair and against liberty, than have cowardly scum free to walk the streets and kill kids.

Imprison them so they can spread their hatred and ideologies in prisons. No thanks. Radicalisation is a big problem in prisons. Harsher punishments/actions need to be taken against these scumbags.

chunkster
Site Addict

Thu May 25, 2017 3:44 pm

scott_powell wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Absolutely abhorrent attack by a cowardly individual.

Imprison them so they can spread their hatred and ideologies in prisons. No thanks. Radicalisation is a big problem in prisons. Harsher punishments/actions need to be taken against these scumbags.

Totaly agree, if someone can do it there is a video that tommy Robinson has posted somewhere on the internet I think it is called the rebel, could someone post it on here? I know that I can't agree with his philosophy and what he stands for, but in this case I will make an exception

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri May 26, 2017 8:19 am

I think I can do it here goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rket4xvu_ac

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Fri May 26, 2017 6:50 pm

The lesson (whatever government holds power) that has to be learned is not to let these scumbags back into our country in the first place, this loser had been over in the middle east fighting for ISIS, his father & brother are known to be terrorist sympathisers, yet he is allowed back into the country to carry out this appalling act, shame on our border authorities.
As a poster noted above, I would rather our country get a reputation for appalling regard for freedom of movement & immigration controls than continue to let these murderous scumbags roam our streets.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:The lesson (whatever government holds power) that has to be learned is not to let these scumbags back into our country in the first place, this loser had been over in the middle east fighting for ISIS, his father & brother are known to be terrorist sympathisers, yet he is allowed back into the country to carry out this appalling act, shame on our border authorities.
As a poster noted above, I would rather our country get a reputation for appalling regard for freedom of movement & immigration controls than continue to let these murderous scumbags roam our streets.

It's impossible to stop them all, even with the kind of police state that you seem to be clamouring for. You need to tackle the root cause, namely the kind of political instability which bombing has unfortunately intensified, an informed discussion (imagine that!) about the role of Islam in the 21st century, and the excesses of the Likud party of Israel.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Fri May 26, 2017 7:20 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:The lesson (whatever government holds power) that has to be learned is not to let these scumbags back into our country in the first place, this loser had been over in the middle east fighting for ISIS, his father & brother are known to be terrorist sympathisers, yet he is allowed back into the country to carry out this appalling act, shame on our border authorities.

It's impossible to stop them all, even with the kind of police state that you seem to be clamouring for. You need to tackle the root cause, namely the kind of political instability which bombing has unfortunately intensified, an informed discussion (imagine that!) about the role of Islam in the 21st century, and the excesses of the Likud party of Israel.

Do you have a vote in the British election?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 26, 2017 8:51 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Why do you ask?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri May 26, 2017 9:17 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Ancient Moaner wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:

Why do you ask?

Cos your a see you next Tuesday.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri May 26, 2017 9:23 pm

swampysaddler wrote:Cos your a see you next Tuesday.

Incisive as ever. :D

I assumed it would be the usual contrived panty wringing born out of not being able to hold down a cogent argument and succumbing to some childish personal jibe.

Not that you'd know anything about that - :lol: :lol: :lol:

JonnyOwen
Site Addict

Fri May 26, 2017 9:57 pm

It's worth noting for those wanting us to mass arrest those under "suspicion" two things. Firstly the police resources and manpower thanks to Tory cuts have seriously hampered police numbers and their ability to operate. Secondly, this approach was done in Northern Ireland, Malaya, Kenya, US and South Africa and all it ended up doing was driving recruitment numbers for terrorism up.

UTS Legend

Sat May 27, 2017 1:21 am

Expats are able to vote in British elections - in the last constituency in which they were registered. Mine was Maryhill, Glasgow.

ShyTallKnight
Glitterati

Sat May 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Why has there been a complete media black-out as to why the fire service located half a mile from the Arena did not attend the situation until 90 minutes after the bomb went off ? Paramedics, medics, civilians, police etc all rushed to help where they could. So much for the fire service being an 'emergency service'. Comments please or am I in a parallel universe ?

Andy W Taylor
UTS Veteran

Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 pm

ShyTallKnight wrote:Why has there been a complete media black-out as to why the fire service located half a mile from the Arena did not attend the situation until 90 minutes after the bomb went off ? Paramedics, medics, civilians, police etc all rushed to help where they could. So much for the fire service being an 'emergency service'. Comments please or am I in a parallel universe ?

Well since there were reports about it in most of the national press at least 2 days ago following the letter from a firefighter expressing guilt and shame that they were held back when they were eager and ready to attend, and a public statement by Andy Burnham (in which he has asked people not to jump to conclusions), I'm not sure what your definition of a "complete media blackout" is or what point it is you're trying to make?

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat May 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Andy W Taylor wrote:
ShyTallKnight wrote:Why has there been a complete media black-out as to why the fire service located half a mile from the Arena did not attend the situation until 90 minutes after the bomb went off ? Paramedics, medics, civilians, police etc all rushed to help where they could. So much for the fire service being an 'emergency service'. Comments please or am I in a parallel universe ?

Well since there were reports about it in most of the national press at least 2 days ago following the letter from a firefighter expressing guilt and shame that they were held back when they were eager and ready to attend, and a public statement by Andy Burnham (in which he has asked people not to jump to conclusions), I'm not sure what your definition of a "complete media blackout" is or what point it is you're trying to make?

A self satisfying Scunthorpe.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Sun May 28, 2017 7:22 am

swampysaddler wrote:
Andy W Taylor wrote:

A self satisfying Scunthorpe.

And the point of that comment in this thread is.......?

Next
Return to General Chat & Prediction League