Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Jim White on talksport

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Jim White on talksport

Wed May 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Is it just me or do other people think Jim White is a sycophantic tool? Self proclaimed legend. He obviously does not have the ability to start a show with an interesting and controversial point of view that is worthy of debating. Adrian Durham might be a tool but he is a master at doing that plus he knows that football exists below the premiershit due to his posh allegiance. This morning white started his show by slagging fans off for not staying until the end and saying footballers have to stay to the end. Completely missing the point that the footballers he was defending earn shed loads and the fans he was slagging off spend a massive proportion of their hard earned wages following their team. Even Tony cascarino seemed embarrassed about the stupidity of whites point. I never respected Stan collymore as a person primarily due to his comments about Ray train but I respected him as a broadcaster cos he always had something interesting to say and seemed to understand fans. Sacking him and employing a sycophantic no mark like Jim White sums up direction Talksport seems to be going. Pity

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Re: Jim White on talksport

Wed May 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Agree.... bring back the two Mikes

yoda
Site Addict

Wed May 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Most presenters on talksport have the sole job of winding people up to get them talking and calling in. People like Durham and Parry constantly contradict themselves in order to always take the controversial view. Durhams even admitted this a few times so don't buy into their act and let it bother you.

Theres enough trolls that one will always get you. That Manc called Christian used to wind me up a treat.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Yes but parry and Durham are entertaining and both can keep the debate going for an entire show. That takes skill. First to identify a controversial topic that will get people going and second to keep the debate going. The debate that idiot white tried to start this morning was dead after 20 minutes cos it was a stupid debate to start with

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Wed May 17, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm fast going right off Talksport.

Agree about Jim White....................total turnoff.

Why they "big up " Alan Brazil I have no idea. He's a total embarrassment to broadcasting , and I doubt would get a similar job on any other national platform. His diction is appalling .

I find Hawksbee and Jacobs , and Danny Kelly listenable .........usually fresh content and sometimes amusing , but the rest of 'em leave a lot to be desired .

How they've managed to start up two more channels is a mystery to me .They struggle to fill the air time as it is , without bundles of repetition. I suppose 20% airtime devoted to very annoying adverts helps.

And how the hell they have the nerve to charge listeners who phone or text in , is beyond me.

In conclusion......50% of it is unlistenable .

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Wed May 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Agree hawksbie and Jacobs are good. Two mikes are entertaining. Durham is annoying but entertaining. Gough is as thick as pig poo. Danks knows his stuff. Makes me loff how the presenters often talk about evils of gambling etc then break to adverts about gambling. Fair play to Colin Murray who resigned when scumbag Murdock took them over.

kshammer
Site Addict

Wed May 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Massive bellend.

His smug, over the top manner (and pretend checking his phone on transfer deadline day) gets right on my tits.

Pheasey_Saddler
UTS Regular

Wed May 17, 2017 10:20 pm

100% agree about Jim White. Always ott on SSN, especially on 'lets focus on how much money is in the Prem thanks to Sky' days (otherwise known as transfer deadline days). His self-created over-inflated importance really annoys me. Basically he's the sort of person that I'd hate to be stuck in a lift with!

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Thu May 18, 2017 10:43 am

Don't think I've listened to talk sport? is it the same as 5 live?

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am

Take a look at the Talkforum website - I find it hilarious and deeply worrying in equal measure.
They have nailed Jim White, and are not very fond of Alan Brazil either.
Not for the faint-hearted!!!!!

Return to General Chat & Prediction League