Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Hotels in Liverpool

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
WSTFC
UTS Regular

Hotels in Liverpool

Fri May 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Looking for hotels / apartments to stay in for a night in Liverpool if any of you nice people have any recommendations? Going on a Saturday so expecting things to be a bit pricier than other days.
I've looked online and had all of the usual suspects show up in terms of hotels, but does anyone have any that won't be on there? The closer to the docks the better :mrgreen:

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD
UTS Legend

Re: Hotels in Liverpool

Fri May 05, 2017 7:28 pm

Stayed in the Campanile by the docks last year good parking and central.Great real ale pub the baltic clipper close by.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Recently stayed at The Shankly.

Very central. Massive rooms and jacuzzi bath for under £90. Plenty of football memorabilia around the place as you can imagine.

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Sat May 06, 2017 7:09 am

Me and the family stayed at the famous Adelphi for a night a couple of years ago. It is a grand hotel of yesteryear and I suppose it comes under the category of 'shabby chic'. It is in easy walking distance to the docks. If you like a full English you can certainly fill your boots from the self service bar! The cost was very reasonable I remember. If you want the full Liverpool experience I would recommend it despite the Tripadvisor comments!

PT
Site Addict

Sun May 07, 2017 8:43 am

As someone who lives in Liverpool, I don't have much cause to use hotels but I know my way around.

Of the "usual ones that come up" there are a few that are very handy for the docks. - ibis & premier inn. If it were me and I wanted to be near the docks I'd probably head for the ones at the North side - which would be the Crown Plaza, Radisson Blu and Malmaison which are all quite new and therefore in very decent nick.

But if I were coming to Liverpool myself, had a middly budget I'd go for either the aforementioned Shankly or Hard Days Night. More in the town of Liverpool than the docks (about a 10 minute walk). Similar walk as the Adlelphi but without the room lottery of the Adelphi which as others have said has a faded quality about it which if you're lucky will lean towards the quality end of that spectrum but if you're not will be very much at the "faded" end.

One to just be conscious of and one that will come up is the Titanic Hotel. It is very new and lovely but it is an investment in a part of Liverpool that is due some substantial investment. If Everton eventually build their new ground at Bramley Dock then this hotel will be perfect for that. Around a 20 minute walk into town from that one.

You'll enjoy your time here wherever you stay.

WSTFC
UTS Regular

Tue May 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Price wise had to go for the Village Hotel in Knowsley (?) but will definitely be looking to stay in some of the places mentioned. Most of them were already booked to be honest.

How much would a taxi cost for 7 miles into Liverpool from the hotel approx.?

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Wed May 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Can't remember the name of the hotel but I nearly pulled the receptionist last time I stayed in Liverpool. Hope this helps xx

Fleaberto
UTS Regular

Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Stayed at the Indigo last year, it's great.
Out in a quiet bit of town but dead easy to stroll down to the docks or into the city.

Surrey Saddler
Glitterati

Wed May 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Just go to the Premier Inn

Return to General Chat & Prediction League