Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Martin McGuinness

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Martin McGuinness

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:27 am

Vigils held across Ireland apparently.

I may be wrong, but I can't help feeling a huge sense of anger and contempt for an individual who caused so much distress and misery for so many. Also a sense of betrayal at those in Ireland lauding him up now, seemingly unconcerned at the loss he caused to people.

It's history, some say, but it doesn't stop the apparently wounded Celts from harking back 100 of years in order to justify their ongoing intolerance for the English.

No-one I knew murdered anyone in cowardly attacks, but it seems if you were part of 'da stuggle' you can be forgiven anything and the English are fair game.

Well, fudge you Ireland.

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Martin McGuinness

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:20 am

I said on Facebook he should be buried at night in an unmarked grave and have herd of horses stampede over the area so nobody could find it.

I do acknowledge that he played a very important part in the peace process, after he'd spent quite some time disturbing it.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:51 am

Did he spark bloody Sunday by firing the first shot at the Paras, which has been alleged. He was certainly running around with a gun before the shooting started.

(Not that this excuses what the Paras did in response, by the way)

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 pm

This will be my only post regarding this human being.
Thanks to him and his mates I had to put my life on hold and serve in Northern Ireland 8 times.
It was the best news I could get up to yesterday morning.
1 down 1 to go, maybe then with them out the way NI will have the peace they crave.
What is griping me is the likes of War Criminal Tony Blair, Jeremy Corbyn, Piers Morgan (don't even get me started on that waste of a good masturbation) etc etc lording him as a hero for the Good Friday Agreement.
He is not a hero, he was a murderous piece of scum and I hope he rots in hell.
Lord Tebitt hit the nail on the head, he was a coward and a murderer. Simple but to the point.
Here is one of my posts on the book of face I posted about the vermin.

Just got a text of my mum. She was saying it's thundering down in Plymouth. My dad said it was all the people McGuinness has killed beating the s h it out of him before throwing him down to hell. I'm not one for the concept of heaven and hell, but it's a good way of looking at it.

chunkster
Site Addict

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

swampysaddler wrote:This will be my only post regarding this human being.
Thanks to him and his mates I had to put my life on hold and serve in Northern Ireland 8 times.
It was the best news I could get up to yesterday morning.
1 down 1 to go, maybe then with them out the way NI will have the peace they crave.
What is griping me is the likes of War Criminal Tony Blair, Jeremy Corbyn, Piers Morgan (don't even get me started on that waste of a good masturbation) etc etc lording him as a hero for the Good Friday Agreement.
He is not a hero, he was a murderous piece of scum and I hope he rots in hell.
Lord Tebitt hit the nail on the head, he was a coward and a murderer. Simple but to the point.
Here is one of my posts on the book of face I posted about the vermin.

Just got a text of my mum. She was saying it's thundering down in Plymouth. My dad said it was all the people McGuinness has killed beating the s h it out of him before throwing him down to hell. I'm not one for the concept of heaven and hell, but it's a good way of looking at it.
Spot on swampster :|

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Good riddance may he burn in hell.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Many words have been written today about the death of Martin McGuinness so I will add my humble and insignificant words to the mix.
As a former Airman who served eight tours of duty to South Armagh in the late nineties where the IRA were at the zenith of their murderous campaign, I can state unequivocally that McGuinness and his scum who called themselves the Provisional Irish Republican Army killed thousands and maimed many more in their warped cause.
Personally I couldn't give two shits how this Scunthorpe died but I hope it was a long, slow, lingering and painful death but that said, he lived a relatively long life and knowing that he had terminal cancer, had time to put his affairs in order, something that his victims who died at the hands of his murderous so called army who blew their victims to bits and shot showing no mercy had no such opportunity. The relatives of those murdered on his orders will live with the grief and total injustice until their dying days and this piece of human cack never ever had the decency to say he was sorry. He was totally unapologetic.
What really grips my cack even more is that in death he is being lauded by many who have called him a man of peace and reconciliation, a man with a remarkable political journey and no Tony Blair, we will not remember him with immense gratitude and immense affection. We will remember him as a murdering piece of scum who will leave a legacy of death and destruction that even the Nazi's would be proud of.
So on his way to hell he goes, a cack stain on the face of humanity which would be in my opinion, a fitting and lasting epitaph on his headstone........................Amen.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 am

swampysaddler wrote:Many words have been written today about the death of Martin McGuinness so I will add my humble and insignificant words to the mix.
As a former Airman who served eight tours of duty to South Armagh in the late nineties where the IRA were at the zenith of their murderous campaign, I can state unequivocally that McGuinness and his scum who called themselves the Provisional Irish Republican Army killed thousands and maimed many more in their warped cause.
Personally I couldn't give two shits how this Scunthorpe died but I hope it was a long, slow, lingering and painful death but that said, he lived a relatively long life and knowing that he had terminal cancer, had time to put his affairs in order, something that his victims who died at the hands of his murderous so called army who blew their victims to bits and shot showing no mercy had no such opportunity. The relatives of those murdered on his orders will live with the grief and total injustice until their dying days and this piece of human cack never ever had the decency to say he was sorry. He was totally unapologetic.
What really grips my cack even more is that in death he is being lauded by many who have called him a man of peace and reconciliation, a man with a remarkable political journey and no Tony Blair, we will not remember him with immense gratitude and immense affection. We will remember him as a murdering piece of scum who will leave a legacy of death and destruction that even the Nazi's would be proud of.
So on his way to hell he goes, a cack stain on the face of humanity which would be in my opinion, a fitting and lasting epitaph on his headstone........................Amen.

As Chunkster said...amen to that!
What galls is that he was lauded as a peacemaker, not the murderous scumbag that he really was.
Next, our PC brigade will be presenting yesterdays murderous ISIS scumbag as a hero of peace! :evil: :evil:

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:15 am

To be fair, I was much, much happier when I found out Thatcher was dead.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 pm

"Martin McGuinness was a freedom fighter, not a terrorist" ... words spoken at the graveside today by that other oxygen thief, Gerry Adams.

Sorry, but he was an IRA commander, therefore he was a terrorist, q.e.d.

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:18 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:"Martin McGuinness was a freedom fighter, not a terrorist" ... words spoken at the graveside today by that other oxygen thief, Gerry Adams.

Depends which side you were on, doesn't it? You've just assigned a military rank, which legitimises him, and makes his side an army, not a terrorist force.

McGuinness fought, then fought for peace, so it's important to recognise his whole life, not just the bit our prejudices disagree with.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:59 am

Exile wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:"Martin McGuinness was a freedom fighter, not a terrorist" ... words spoken at the graveside today by that other oxygen thief, Gerry Adams.

Depends which side you were on, doesn't it? You've just assigned a military rank, which legitimises him, and makes his side an army, not a terrorist force.

McGuinness fought, then fought for peace, so it's important to recognise his whole life, not just the bit our prejudices disagree with.

They can't have it both ways though can they? Try to legitimise themselves as an army fighting against an occupying force if they like, but then commit heinous "war crimes" like deliberately blowing up innocent civilians, women and children, even nuns for goodness sake! Either they are terrorists or war criminals. They should have been locked away for the rest of their natural days and legitimate peaceful politicians like John Hume should have carried the nationalist banner at Stormont.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Exile wrote:

The fudge loons in West Africa who called themselves 'The Lords resistance army' then, does that legitimise them and their conduct?

The IRA, what may have once been a resistance movement over time was happy to embrace extortion, arms and drug smuggling and protection rackets. They evolved into gangsters masked behind a cause.

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Exile wrote:

You wouldn't extend that sentiment to Mrs Thatcher though.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:39 am

DonningtonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

You wouldn't extend that sentiment to Mrs Thatcher though.

No. She never changed her mind on anything.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League