Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Third relegated team from the championship.

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Third relegated team from the championship.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Who do people want?

Rotherham all but down and barring a miracle run of form Wigan are quickly returning to league one so two decent away days there.

Plenty of teams battling but given Bristol City just had a thumping 4-0 win and Wolves have won their last two I think those two will start to pull clear as hilarious as it would be to see Wolves in league one again.

4 options are Burton, Forest, Blackburn......and Small Heath Alliance. :mrgreen:

Tempted to say Blackburn as I've never been there but it's a decent club totally shafted by terrible owners and they could really implode if they come down to league one.

Forest and Burton would be easy away days...actually come to think of it never actually been to Forest.

The winner has to be Blues though....it's time Walsall played them again, last time was 2002 wasn't it. Only they could be top 6, sack their manager and get relegated. As long as Zola remains there they are in massive trouble.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Re: Third relegated team from the championship.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:00 am

SoccerHQ wrote:
The winner has to be Blues though....it's time Walsall played them again, last time was 2002 wasn't it. Only they could be top 6, sack their manager and get relegated. As long as Zola remains there they are in massive trouble.

No , not Blues for me.

I sympathise with 'em ( a tiny bit ) , because generally they suffer , just like ourselves .

And also , their fans they don't seem quite as pretentious as our other local rivals.

Regarding Rowett leaving , I think he had his eyes on pastures new , and the board at Blues were aware of it .

However , if the Wolves or the Villa could pay us a visit........................ :D :D :D :D

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:00 am

Burton, Burton and Burton..........................and next season, Fleetwood. Both anti football, grinding, oppressive, dour, overly physical and over achieving.

Am I envious..............well just a little bit :(

Cowshed
UTS Veteran

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:11 am

Forest. We always beat them

Easy 6 points they hate playing us as much as Sheffield Utd do

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Cowshed wrote:Forest. We always beat them

Easy 6 points they hate playing us as much as Sheffield Utd do

Into the 2nd half of the early kick-offs, and as things stand Nottingham Forest are in the bottom three (losing at home to Derby County, while Blackburn Roers are 2-1 up on PNE) .......

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Just had a peruse of the table & remaining fixtures- best of luck to them, and absolutely no grudges held here, but I fear for Burton. Think they'll ultimately be the last to fall.

That table is food for thought about the difference in quality between the leagues- take away Forest and Blackburn (both suffering from inept ownership), and every team in the mire has been promoted from League One in the last three years. Each of the last three champions are down there, and two of them (Wolves and Bristol City) won this division quite comfortably in the end. The gap is widening, it seems.

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Sun May 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Blackburn. :roll:

PT
Site Addict

Sun May 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Relegated with 51pts on goal difference. Sounds familiar!!!

Blues got Harry in in the nick of time and they had a right touch with Huddersfield's selection last week.

Blackburn is quite handy for me so not too disappointed. Even though the games there and at Wigan will be played in front of two thirds empty grounds.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Sun May 07, 2017 7:06 pm

PT wrote:
Blackburn is quite handy for me so not too disappointed. Even though the games there and at Wigan will be played in front of two thirds empty grounds.

Same as playing at Bescot then ........................... but with chips.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Sun May 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Pity it wasn't the tree huggers.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun May 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Super Gabor wrote:Pity it wasn't the tree huggers.

My thoughts exactly. Easy six points! :mrgreen:

Return to General Chat & Prediction League