Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Ranieri P45.

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Ranieri P45.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Hope Leicester re-employ Pearson.....................and plummet to the deepest depths.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Ranieri P45.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:59 pm

They are going down.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Mancini now bookies favourite.

Probably because Italian managers do very well in the Midlands.

Zenga , Zola , Di Matteo...................lol.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Assistant Manager CRAIG SHAKESPEARE and first team coach Mike Stowell will take charge of the squad until a new manager is appointed.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Lineker not happy with Ranieri getting sacked, fully expect him to turn up with Lily Allen at the training ground blaming Trump and Brexit.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:07 am

Same old Scumbag LIEcester. Summed up by the bellend ex Lincoln city fan that became a Leicester fan when they hit the big time. Filth.

Amusingly, I completed a fairly generous prediction effort and had Leicester finishing bottom of the Prem. Hope this comes about. :x

PT
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:38 am

What a shame. He had earned more time than that. A bit like when Sir Ray got us up the first time he had earned the right to at least a full season the year after even if we went back down again in the process.

Then the day we did get relegated at Ipswich was one of my proudest as a Walsall fan. We were down but so together and united. Sang all the way through, every player's name and extra loud for our manager. It got louder the more obvious it was we were going down.

Class. Complete contrast to the goings on at Leicester this week.

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:14 am

swampysaddler wrote:Lineker not happy with Ranieri getting sacked, fully expect him to turn up with Lily Allen at the training ground blaming Trump and Brexit.
They are both scumbags(looking for spitting icon) :x Ranieri gave them the best year in over 100 and they treat him like that. pity he didn't dump them when he could have took the Italian national job. no not the one with Michael cane :mrgreen:

yoda
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am

At least he goes out with his stock high in the football world. Got to be a small consolation.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:51 am

yoda wrote:At least he goes out with his stock high in the football world. Got to be a small consolation.

His other consolation is the 4-year contract he signed at the beginning of this season. :wink:

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:58 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
yoda wrote:At least he goes out with his stock high in the football world. Got to be a small consolation.

His other consolation is the 4-year contract he signed at the beginning of this season. :wink:
Ye but do you think it's about the money with people like him? sometimes i think it's about the buz and admiration from the fans that drive some managers on. I mean for a man that has a few million in the bank he doesn't half look dejected :wink:

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:55 am

Unfortunately any kind of loyalty or leeway in these situations will go down the shitter when such vast amounts of money are made available to clubs if they stay in the premiership. Managers now work to the instant success formula in the premiership ( and the championship to an extent) because the owners are so twitchy about instant results. Its not helped by 24 hour constant analysis and opinion pieces in the media surrounding these guys. But in return they do command huge wages to manage clubs. Very cut throat business.

I think there really needs more scrutiny of the players in these situations as well. They really get away with poor performances and efforts whilst coaches get rinsed for it.

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 pm

chunkster wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:

Ye but do you think it's about the money with people like him? sometimes i think it's about the buz and admiration from the fans that drive some managers on. I mean for a man that has a few million in the bank he doesn't half look dejected :wink:

No. It's all about the money.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Its just another case of Foreign ownership getting it wrong, decisions such as this will become common place in the English game.

tinned
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:11 pm

PT wrote:What a shame. He had earned more time than that. A bit like when Sir Ray got us up the first time he had earned the right to at least a full season the year after even if we went back down again in the process.

Then the day we did get relegated at Ipswich was one of my proudest as a Walsall fan. We were down but so together and united. Sang all the way through, every player's name and extra loud for our manager. It got louder the more obvious it was we were going down.

Class. Complete contrast to the goings on at Leicester this week.

Totally agree! Class day, never felt such togetherness between fans and players.

Seems strange to say it about a relegation season, but that season was (imho) by far the biggest achievement by Sir Ray. To keep that squad within a chance of staying up in the Championship to the last day of the season was nothing short of miraculous.

chunkster
Site Addict

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Mazza01 wrote:Its just another case of Foreign ownership getting it wrong, decisions such as this will become common place in the English game.
I think that foreigners from players to managers have both changed and ruined the English game, and it;s not going to get any better anytime soon unless we start to introduce some sort of meaningful restrictions :|

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:29 am

Yesterday I witnessed Lineker being interviewed saying that 'he was not ashamed to admit he shed a few tears' when he heard the news. Apparently one for Ranieri, one for football and one for his beloved club.

What a complete and utter twerp and apart from that a liar to boot. I'm surprised he didn't kiss his own arse through his Liecester underpants. :evil:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:14 am

Cully wrote:Yesterday I witnessed Lineker being interviewed saying that 'he was not ashamed to admit he shed a few tears' when he heard the news. Apparently one for Ranieri, one for football and one for his beloved club.

What a complete and utter twerp and apart from that a liar to boot. I'm surprised he didn't kiss his own arse through his Liecester underpants. :evil:

Preferred him when he was just shitting himself. :D

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:59 am

Cully wrote:Yesterday I witnessed Lineker being interviewed saying that 'he was not ashamed to admit he shed a few tears' when he heard the news. Apparently one for Ranieri, one for football and one for his beloved club.

Gary Lineker is nothing but the waste of a good hand massage.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:14 pm

An average player is his day.
Never rated the Leftie Immigrant loving hypocrite anyway.

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:46 pm

As the players betrayals emerge, my favourite meme (can't find a copy to post though) is the picture of the Leciester players on an Emirates flight, with the film logo 'Snakes on a plane'.

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:25 pm

No loyalty in game anymore, players to club or club to players or manager all about the money.

dobbster71
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:33 pm

I'd hate to be a supporter of a Premier League club. Money is all that matters. The seats are full of football tourists that have no affinity with a club or its surroundings. One day the League of Greed will go BANG. The money will disappear, along with the leeching owners, players, agents & managers. Many teams in the top 2 divisions will go & we'll be left with proper clubs, with local fans & local owners.

I hope that I see this happen in my lifetime.

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:54 pm

dobbster71 wrote:One day the League of Greed will go BANG. The money will disappear....

Out of interest, is this something you hope or something you believe? If the latter, I'd be interested to know why?

dobbster71
UTS Veteran

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:50 pm

It's something that I believe will happen. The Premier League riches come from Worldwide TV revenues. It had a head-start over the other major leagues, which are now catching up. La Liga & the Bundesliga are getting richer. League 1 in France is also catching up & the Chinese are investing in Italian clubs.
Serie A is a good example of how a league can fail. If you're of a certain age, the 1990's were all about Serie A. They had the best teams & players in the world for a decade or so, then the money started to dry up & teams, such as Parma, went bankrupt.
The way I see it is that once the other leagues become more competitive the TV companies will have more choice over where to spend their money. Increased choice will lower the price that can be demanded. Falling revenues will cause some owners to pull out, players to leave & maybe some clubs to fold.

The way I see it is that the revenues can't keep increasing & just like the stock markets, a crash will happen at some point.

Just my theory though!

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:37 am

dobbster71 wrote:It's something that I believe will happen. The Premier League riches come from Worldwide TV revenues. It had a head-start over the other major leagues, which are now catching up. La Liga & the Bundesliga are getting richer. League 1 in France is also catching up & the Chinese are investing in Italian clubs.
Serie A is a good example of how a league can fail. If you're of a certain age, the 1990's were all about Serie A. They had the best teams & players in the world for a decade or so, then the money started to dry up & teams, such as Parma, went bankrupt.
The way I see it is that once the other leagues become more competitive the TV companies will have more choice over where to spend their money. Increased choice will lower the price that can be demanded. Falling revenues will cause some owners to pull out, players to leave & maybe some clubs to fold.

The way I see it is that the revenues can't keep increasing & just like the stock markets, a crash will happen at some point.

Just my theory though!

This. The sooner the better.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:56 am

Agreed. Especially as Sky are coming under increasing pressure in the digital age. Their subscription model is out of date, and in NZ people are leaving in droves.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 am

Listening to five live or whatever it's called this week, Savage was taking the "It's a disgrace" stance yet most Leicester fans were coming on saying he hadn't got a clue this season and tactically was awful playing players out of position and most agreed with the decision.

I seem to think unless it's your club and your watching it week in and week out it would be a bit premature to jump on the "It's a disgrace" bandwagon.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:45 am

It's a disgrace! :wink:

tinned
Site Addict

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Some non-Walsall supporting football fans thought us sacking O'Driscoll so quickly was a sign of football clubs dismissing managers too quickly. Any right thinking Walsall fan knows it was too late if anything.

Next
Return to General Chat & Prediction League