Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Ranieri P45.

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Re: Ranieri P45.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:28 pm

swampysaddler wrote:
dobbster71 wrote:It's something that I believe will happen. The Premier League riches come from Worldwide TV revenues. It had a head-start over the other major leagues, which are now catching up. La Liga & the Bundesliga are getting richer. League 1 in France is also catching up & the Chinese are investing in Italian clubs.
Serie A is a good example of how a league can fail. If you're of a certain age, the 1990's were all about Serie A. They had the best teams & players in the world for a decade or so, then the money started to dry up & teams, such as Parma, went bankrupt.
The way I see it is that once the other leagues become more competitive the TV companies will have more choice over where to spend their money. Increased choice will lower the price that can be demanded. Falling revenues will cause some owners to pull out, players to leave & maybe some clubs to fold.

The way I see it is that the revenues can't keep increasing & just like the stock markets, a crash will happen at some point.

Just my theory though!

This. The sooner the better.

Why?
In any case, a market crash will always happen "at some point" - that's why equities carry what is known as a risk premium.
At the moment though, every time the Trumpster utters something approaching a coherent sentence, the markets soar ever higher.

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League