Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Lincoln City

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Lincoln City

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Well done lads, couldn't have happened to a better club, than that holier than thou, we are better than anyone, set of self obsessed, opinionated, self indulgent set of Ars******, "We belong at the top of the Premiershite because we have the Bob Lord stand". I will celebrate tonight even if we don't beat the posh!!

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Re: Lincoln City

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:Well done lads, couldn't have happened to a better club, than that holier than thou, we are better than anyone, set of self obsessed, opinionated, self indulgent set of Ars******, "We belong at the top of the Premiershite because we have the Bob Lord stand". I will celebrate tonight even if we don't beat the posh!!

I have 2 abiding memories of Sincil Bank.
1. I arrived 7 minutes late and we was already 1-0 down and went on to lose 2-1.
2. I attended a music concert day there. All your pop acts where on, Liberty X, Lee Ryan, Westlife etc etc. I saw them all apart from Westlife, I was kicked out the ground for ramming someone's umbrella into their head after having my 10th poke in the eye from it (it wasn't even raining). I found a pub nearby and watched the Kareoke instead :mrgreen:

Well done though the Imps.

Wragbyred
Glitterati

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:18 pm

They actually are my "local" club, and a good club it is too.
Around 2 years ago they were struggling and going nowhere, it shows what a bit of patience (and good management) can do. They have good support, with a huge catchment area, they especially suffer from the "Man Utd factor" - for some reason there are loads round here!
They will romp the league they are in, and could yet get to the semi finals.

I may jump on the bandwagon for the quarter final. Come on the Imps!!!

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Where's Jimmy ?

The barstewards have left him off the bench.

It could drive a lesser man to drink.

Return to General Chat & Prediction League