Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Football vs Rugby

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Re: Football vs Rugby

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Sound_out wrote:
aaaae wrote:
Sound_out wrote:To get into virtually all grammar schools you need to pass an 11+ which is defined as a test of intelligence

Sound_out wrote:I did and failed it

Well..... :mrgreen:

Well.... it seems you can't find anything to back up your assertion that Haskell is a bit dim. :mrgreen:

I think it's more evidence of your small man syndrome. :wink:

How tall are you Sound_out?

shrewsbury saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:10 pm

I grew to hate rugby when I was forced to play the "sport" at school. I was a nifty winger, but only because I was terrified of getting flattened. To me, if grown adults of either gender want to act out either/or their aggression /repressed homosexuality on a field, that's up to them.Just don't expect me to watch it.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:16 pm

aaaae wrote:
Sound_out wrote:
aaaae wrote:
Sound_out wrote:To get into virtually all grammar schools you need to pass an 11+ which is defined as a test of intelligence

Well.... it seems you can't find anything to back up your assertion that Haskell is a bit dim. :mrgreen:

How tall are you aeiou?

Also, what is your favrit colour?

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:18 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Sound_out wrote:I think you're craving attention Scotty. Clearly you don't like rugby so just don't post on the topic. It's so simple even you can work this out! :idea:

Sound_out wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Sound_out wrote:
aaaae wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, you are mistaking education for intelligence.

Afraid not. To get into virtually all grammar schools you need to pass an 11+ which is defined as a test of intelligence. So, we can see that he passed this test and was then educated to a high standard which leads me to think he is likely not 'dim'.

What reasoning can you show that he is 'dim'?

Plenty of dimbos find their way into grammar schools by virtue of private tuition and other advantages. Also the exam at that age hardly determines intellect at adulthood.

I agree but there's been no evidence provided that Haskell is lacking in the brain department.

Lot's of things can happen, for instance, a very small minority of people begin to tell lies and stories and actually believe them to be true. This is more of a mental illness as opposed to a lack of intelligence. Thankfully a chemical imbalance can be somewhat controlled with drugs from a GP.

I rest my case.

I don't like rugby. Doesn't mean I can't read the thread. I contributed to agree with another posters point. The thread is then turned into the Sound_Out show. It's just really boring and silly now. I don't crave attention, I'm telling you straight.

Yes, you do crave attention! :idea:

aaaae
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Sound_out wrote:
aaaae wrote:
Sound_out wrote:
aaaae wrote:

How tall are you aeiou?

Also, what is your favrit colour?

I asked first! So rude.....

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:06 pm

What size shoe are you?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm

How so?

A bloke with his own section telling me I crave attention. Heard it all now.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:16 pm

scott_powell wrote:How so?

Because scotty, you moan about threads and their content when it's not even directed or relevant to you. You then have to involve yourself even though it's got nothing to do with you. Problem is you can't help yourself but be affronted and having a massive chip on your shoulder. It's an ego thing. :lol:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Sound_out wrote:
scott_powell wrote:How so?

Because scotty, you moan about threads and their content when it's not even directed or relevant to you. You then have to involve yourself even though it's got nothing to do with you. Problem is you can't help yourself but be affronted and having a massive chip on your shoulder. It's an ego thing. :lol:

Okay Soundy, continue with the Sound_Out show, the floor is yours.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Now you've had your attention fix... :roll: :lol:

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:56 pm

scott_powell wrote:Who do you think you are, really? Stop acting like a Scunthorpe for once in your life. You have ruined this site.

Sorry Scotty, but thankfully I don't have the facility to respond to private messages. :lol:

Now piss off.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:02 pm

Sound_out wrote:
scott_powell wrote:Who do you think you are, really? Stop acting like a Scunthorpe for once in your life. You have ruined this site.

Sorry Scotty, but thankfully I don't have the facility to respond to private messages. :lol:

Now piss off.

So I privately message you, you post it on the forum after claiming I'm an attention seeker. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping you'd do just to prove my point. Nothing more needs to be said. Only one attention seeker on here and it's you.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:03 pm

And whether the facilities are available to you or not, posting it on here just adds to my point regardless.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:21 pm

scott_powell wrote:And whether the facilities are available to you or not, posting it on here just adds to my point regardless.

Sorry, but it doesn't. I'm merely responding to you in the only way that I can. If you now don't want attention please don't send me private messages.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Sound_out wrote:
scott_powell wrote:And whether the facilities are available to you or not, posting it on here just adds to my point regardless.

Sorry, but it doesn't. I'm merely responding to you in the only way that I can. If you now don't want attention please don't send me private messages.

How about you just ignore the message rather than make it public? You could have replied here without quoting it? You don't though because you have to make it all about you. You are the biggest hypocrite on this site and you don't even realise.

A bloke with his own corner telling others they crave attention. I've seen it all now :lol:

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 pm

scott_powell wrote:
Sound_out wrote:

How about you just ignore the message rather than make it public? You could have replied here without quoting it? You don't though because you have to make it all about you. You are the biggest hypocrite on this site and you don't even realise.

A bloke with his own corner telling others they crave attention. I've seen it all now :lol:

Why send me a private message if you want me to ignore it? :?
Posting your message keeps my response in context. :idea:
Soundy's corner is great, it's more popular than SOT. :mrgreen:

aaaae
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Sound_out wrote:What size shoe are you?

When did your self-hatred first start?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Sound_out wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Sound_out wrote:

Why send me a private message if you want me to ignore it? :?
Posting your message keeps my response in context. :idea:
Soundy's corner is great, it's more popular than SOT. :mrgreen:

No, you're missing the point. You say I crave attention so I message you privately to avoid that attention I apparently desire. You then post my message and your reply which hypocritical as it creates attention for yourself, an accusation you were originally aiming at me. Ignoring it would make more sense or a "I can't reply to your message" would suffice. Hypocrite.

But, we already know the context so why is there any need to post it? :idea: Why do others need to know the context of a private conversation? Think about it :idea: You're not as clever as you think.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:36 pm

scott_powell wrote:No, you're missing the point. You say I crave attention so I message you privately to avoid that attention I apparently desire. You then post my message and your reply which hypocritical as it creates attention for yourself, an accusation you were originally aiming at me. Ignoring it would make more sense or a "I can't reply to your message" would suffice. Hypocrite.

WTF! :lol: :lol: :lol:

scott_powell wrote:But, we already know the context so why is there any need to post it? Why do others need to know the context of a private conversation? Think about it

Don't be embarrassed about sending a private message, it's OK, I don't really mind. Let's just keep things out in the open as I don't have the facility to revert!

scott_powell wrote:Think about it You're not as clever as you think.

Ohhhh yes I am! :wink: :mrgreen:

I'm gong to be honest Scotty, you're boring me a tad now! And probably anyone else who's reading this thread. :idea:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Sound_out wrote:
scott_powell wrote:No, you're missing the point. You say I crave attention so I message you privately to avoid that attention I apparently desire. You then post my message and your reply which hypocritical as it creates attention for yourself, an accusation you were originally aiming at me. Ignoring it would make more sense or a "I can't reply to your message" would suffice. Hypocrite.

You are so thick it's untrue.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Sound_out wrote:

scott_powell wrote:But, we already know the context so why is there any need to post it? Why do others need to know the context of a private conversation? Think about it

Don't be embarrassed about sending a private message, it's OK, I don't really mind. Let's just keep things out in the open as I don't have the facility to revert!

scott_powell wrote:Think about it You're not as clever as you think.

Ohhhh yes I am! :wink: :mrgreen:

I'm gong to be honest Scotty, you're boring me a tad now! And probably anyone else who's reading this thread. :idea:

People are always boring to you when they're right.

twerp

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:56 pm

aaaae wrote:
Sound_out wrote:What size shoe are you?

When did your self-hatred first start?

So we've gone from me asking you to provide evidence that rugby players are dim, specifically James Haskell, which you couldn't provide, to my apparent, in your words, self-hatred! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yer gorra loff!

For clarity. I bloody love myself. :mrgreen:

Sound_out
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:00 pm

scott_powell wrote:twerp

scott_powell wrote:thick

scott_powell wrote:Scunthorpe

:lol:

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Thread locked - as with so many previous examples, it has deteriorated into a slanging match involving a member who should stay in his designated abode.

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League