Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Favrit Lager

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
UTS Legend

Re: Favrit Lager

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:24 pm

saddla wrote:
swampysaddler wrote:
Guest wrote:
chunkster wrote:
Horozontal Harry wrote:
They have! I had a pint of it last month in The Windmill on Gentleshaw Common.
I love it there, it's the only place you can still get a pint of carling premier :D it turned lager on it's head, and the guest ales are fantastic. i used to work the door with denis at the nags head about 30 years ago happy days :wink:

I had more than a few pints of Carling Premier when in the UK a year or so ago. Unsurprisingly, I can't remember where!

Disgusting Lager if you can call it that.
The only "Commercial" lager I will drink is Stella.
Prefer the home grown ale brewed in Norfolf nowadays.

The Stella Artois brewed in Samlesbury, Preston in the Uk (4.8%) is totally different to the Stella Artois brewed in Leuven Belgium (5.2%) Now owned by the infamous Anheuser Busch InBev group and made by their swill factories worldwide.
They won't let visitors in to their Preston factory (I won't call it a brewery). They also produce Becks and Budweiser at the same factory.

The reason Stella is only 4.8% in the UK is to avoid a higher duty being levied.

Previous
Return to General Chat & Prediction League