Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Prediction League 1: 2016-17 Intro & Latest Table

The place for all general topics not related to the Saddlers, plus the ever-popular Prediction League. Keep it fun.
Forum rules
Be nice. Play fair.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Re: Prediction League 1: 2016-17 Intro & Latest Table

Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:35 am

Friday night games??

Why?

Missed the 2 point gimme that was Rochdale vs Bury and had to make do with picking rubbish. This has entirely spoiled my otherwise fabulous holiday.

Bitter. :evil:

And mildly disturbed.

saddla
Site Addict

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:20 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:Friday night games??

Why?

Missed the 2 point gimme that was Rochdale vs Bury and had to make do with picking rubbish. This has entirely spoiled my otherwise fabulous holiday.

And mildly disturbed.

I thought you were always bitter and very disturbed Saigon :mrgreen:
1 point? (snigger)

Following my 3 point haul. (including the 2 points from Rochdale v Bury) I am now only 2 points behind you and ready for my second half of the season push into the upper reaches of the table. :D

Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:20 pm

saddla wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:Friday night games??

Why?

And mildly disturbed.

I thought you were always bitter and very disturbed Saigon :mrgreen:
1 point? (snigger)

Following my 3 point haul. (including the 2 points from Rochdale v Bury) I am now only 2 points behind you and ready for my second half of the season push into the upper reaches of the table. :D

Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

Tbh, neither of you would have picked up any points from Rochdale v Bury as it was Rochdale v Shrewsbury on Fri night!! :wink:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Updated table after the last games of 2016! Mixed bag of scoring with a blob and a few ones but also lots of 3 pointers. The week's winning score was 5 points, achieved by reedswood saddler and Cully - well done to both of you!

Don't forget the Monday matches (2nd Jan)! There won't be a prediction week next Saturday due to the FA cup and the fact there are only 5 league 1 games being played (needs at least half a fixture list of 6 games to be a prediction week!)

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Updated table from week 25 games (Monday 2nd Jan). Bit of a duff week for scoring to be honest with lots of 0s and 1s but the winning score was 3 points, achieved by Andy_Petterson - well done!

We are back to league action this Saturday (14th) and the thread is already up and running so get your predictions in before 3pm!

saddla
Site Addict

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 am

Jolly Johnny wrote:Updated table from week 25 games (Monday 2nd Jan). Bit of a duff week for scoring to be honest with lots of 0s and 1s but the winning score was 3 points, achieved by Andy_Petterson - well done!

We are back to league action this Saturday (14th) and the thread is already up and running so get your predictions in before 3pm!

A low scoring week but another move up the table for me :D
Now I'm in the playoff places.
Exile has been left in my wake and Miss Saigon is well and truly in my sights just 1 point ahead. :mrgreen:
Class will tell in the end :D

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:00 am

saddla wrote:.
Exile has been left in my wake and Miss Saigon is well and truly in my sights just 1 point ahead. :mrgreen:

Well, isn't that just a little premature? Long way to go yet...

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:38 am

Exile wrote:

Is anything more disgusting than the repetitive kind of childish hubris that some players seem intent on succumbing to? :x

*mimes a large yawning gesture*

Thankfully, there are still some sensible players who remain content to 'just get on with it' and turn in consistently superb, Dunkirkesque performances, minus any self aggrandising antics or other miscellaneous stupidity. The arrogance staggers me.

Although I can't help but snigger at how I'm about to totally own poor Saddla. I can almost hear the gasps. This promises to be a mesmerising piece of infotainment, suitable for the kind of excitement not seen since the world cup final of 1966, or one the massive North Korean May day rallies.

:idea:

saddla
Site Addict

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

Is anything more disgusting than the repetitive kind of childish hubris that some players seem intent on succumbing to? :x

Thankfully, there are still some sensible players who remain content to 'just get on with it' and turn in consistently superb, Dunkirkesque performances, minus any self aggrandising antics or other miscellaneous stupidity. The arrogance staggers me.

Although I can't help but snigger at how I'm about to totally own poor Saddla. I can almost hear the gasps. This promises to be a mesmerising piece of infotainment, suitable for the kind of excitement not seen since the world cup final of 1966, or one the massive North Korean May day rallies.

Just a little nul point pour vous today miss Saigon? Same for Exy. Oh dear :mrgreen:
I got 2. That means I overtake you in the table.
now I'm ready to leave you in my wake again. Just like last year!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Updated table after this weekend's games, and what a slightly odd set of results we had! Lots of goals, from teams we didn't maybe expect and some of the big boys at the top losing to teams they shouldn't! That all lead to lots of blobs and some low scoring generally although 2 shining lights were the week's winners with 4 points - well done to Welsh Saddler and Cully. Actually, if the Port Vale game hadn't been postponed, Welshy was in line for only our second perfect score of the season!

A little bit of movement in the table but some of the people in mid table are starting to creep up to the European places!

Next week's thread is up and running and includes a Friday night game!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Updated table after yesterday's games. Low scoring again but that is in part to the two postponed games but these have been added to the ever growing list so some people will get some nice points potentially when they get played (one of which is this coming Tuesday!)
The week's winning score was 3 points, achieved by The Bosted Slab - well done!

Next week's thread is up and running. It is a little smaller than usual due to it also being FA Cup weekend but enough games to make it a prediction week.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:23 am

saddla wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

Just a little nul point pour vous today miss Saigon? Same for Exy. Oh dear :mrgreen:

I glide effortlessly past the helpless, struggling Saddla, about to leave him in the wake of MY enormous Victory barge like a bobbing cork on a swirling ocean of triumph slash despair.

saddla
Site Addict

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:56 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
saddla wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

I glide effortlessly past the helpless, struggling Saddla, about to leave him in the wake of MY enormous Victory barge like a bobbing cork on a swirling ocean of triumph slash despair.

Enjoy your week of glory. I'll be back soaring above you next week. :mrgreen:

look out below! :lol:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 am

OH! Urgh!

:o :x

:lol:

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Updated table after yesterday's games. Not great scoring, while the likes of Bolton seem to be hitting a slump in form, but we only had one blob. The winning score was 3 points, achieved by reedswood saddler and me! Well done to us both! :mrgreen:

Not a great deal of change in the table but people are bunching closely in a few places.

There was one p-p game played in the week and the points for that have gone on too. Week 29 thread for next Saturday is now up and running.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Updated table after last weekend. A mixture of scoring but quite a few good scores. The week's winning score was 4 points, achieved by itasaddler, Asps and Old Penk Saddler - well done the three of you!

Some decent movement in the table this week and I can sense some verbal sparring in the next day or two once 2 or 3 people see the table!! :D

This Saturday's thread is already up and running and there is a set of Valentines games for next Tuesday eve too so put the roses down and get predicting!

Cully
Site Addict

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm having a mid season crisis god damn it :evil:

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:05 am

I see Exile is falling by the way side AGAIN.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:42 am

swampysaddler wrote:I see Exile is falling by the way side AGAIN.

Actually below Welsh now! :shock:

Nice to put the noisy Saddla firmly back in his place, while smoothly gliding back into swooping range of 2nd place. No offence, but that's supposed to be a title defence? :?

Still waiting for any kind of mega week points haul to propel myself to where I justly belong. Namely, really high up the table.

Speaking of which, 70 points. Wow, well done. Lucky of course, rather than earned, but there you go. The capricious gods of prediction are fickle and cruel. If I'd have picked results not unlike yours it might have been me - imagine that!

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:14 am

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

saddla
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:34 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:

Actually below Welsh now! :shock:

Nice to put the noisy Saddla firmly back in his place, while smoothly gliding back into swooping range of 2nd place. No offence, but that's supposed to be a title defence? :?

Still waiting for any kind of mega week points haul to propel myself to where I justly belong. Namely, really high up the table.

Speaking of which, 70 points. Wow, well done. Lucky of course, rather than earned, but there you go. The capricious gods of prediction are fickle and cruel. If I'd have picked results not unlike yours it might have been me - imagine that!

Just a pause for breath while I prepare for my usual haul of 5 pointers. I've been saving them up for the business end of the season :mrgreen:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:46 am

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Latest table after the Saturday games. Very poor scoring with a set of slightly unexpected results but 1 person stood heads and shoulders ahead of everyone else! The week's winning score was 4 points, at least double what anyone else got, and that was scored by Exile - well done mate!

Don't forget the Valentines predictions for Tuesday evening - the thread is already up and running!

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:40 am

What a great birthday present that was! :mrgreen:

Fir the moment, I am at least twice as good as the rest of you shower of shite.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 am

Exile wrote:What a great birthday present that was! :mrgreen:

Fir the moment, I am at least twice as good as the rest of you shower of shite.

:(

Disappointing.

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:43 am

Exile wrote:

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Falling by the wayside, was it? :wink:

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:35 am

I'm having a disaster :(

If only I'd got all my predictions correct, can't think what's gone wrong. I think it could be fixed.....that would explain everything :idea:

I'm seriously thinking of sending my 'Predictomatic' back to those idiots at K-Tel, bloody waste of money :evil:

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:16 am

Cully wrote:I'm having a disaster :(

If only I'd got all my predictions correct, can't think what's gone wrong. I think it could be fixed.....that would explain everything :idea:

I'm seriously thinking of sending my 'Predictomatic' back to those idiots at K-Tel, bloody waste of money :evil:

Manchester had one, you didn't buy off him 2nd hand did you? It did bugger all for him. :D :wink:

A better week though! :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 am

Updated table after week 31 (Valentines Day!). Overall good scoring and no blobs. The winning score was 4 points, achieved by Cully and saddla - well done you two!

With this win, Cully is now joint top of the weekly wins chart with 6.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 am

Next updated table after week 32 this past Saturday. Lower scoring than in midweek and the winning score was 3 points, achieved by Welsh_Saddler, swampysaddler and The Bosted Slab - well done to you all!

Not much movement in the table this time but it is getting very congested from 2nd down to 10th!

Next week's fixtures will be up and running shortly.

PreviousNext
Return to General Chat & Prediction League