Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Scunthorpe United (A) Feb 14th 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2016-17 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Mazza01
UTS Legend

Re: Scunthorpe United (A) Feb 14th 7.45pm

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:
killers left foot wrote:should have signed a striker simple as that.people said we didnt need one when i mentioned it

You are most definitely NOT alone, just look at the vast array of posts above, all saying the same thing.
Biggest mistake of the season not taking a chance on a striker from somewhere, anywhere, we would have been IN the play off's by now. What do we do? Take on another defender/midfielder.......is there ANYONE in the management team at Walsall F.C. that realises that without a striker we'll get nowt? Look at last night, we were so much in charge it was almost an embarrassment, yet we are unable to stick the ball in the net....another stumble, another hurdle knocked over, and thus baring our way to our quest for a play off place, shame.

Strikers of any note cost money , there lies your problem.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Mazza01 wrote:Strikers of any note cost money. There lies your problem.

I thought we spent £250,000 (club record) on an international striker, last summer???

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Pedagogue wrote:

I thought we spent £250,000 (club record) on an international striker, last summer???

We did and that didn't scrape the surface of the money we received in transfers over the summer...

oh and he wasn't a striker of any note, he was an unknown quantity :D

UTS Legend

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Pheasey_Saddler wrote:Thought I'd catch some highlights on Sky Sports News - however they showed the highlights from the Scunny v Shrews game instead but still claimed Walsall were playing! Jokers!!!

Is this better?

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10768708/Scunthorpe

leics_saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Yes, thank you.
We've had four good shots on target on there and their keeper has been scrambling to save them all.
They've barely had a shot. I don't know what some people expect away against a team well above us in the league.

DingleBull

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Paulus68 wrote:
DingleBull wrote:
NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:More words of support from "Joshwolf"

Absolute ****ing disgrace. Sick of the absolute ****e at this club. Most of us saw this coming a mile off. Lambert and Thelwell can **** right off. :D :D :D

Oh please dont allow me to prevent the Whitney love-in now you have won a few games :lol:

Funnily enough heard Radio WM Reporters knocking your fans tonight saying from everyone else's opinion Whitney has been doing a great job all season and earlier criticism was 'completely OTT and unjust' especially considering the injuries.

Before you knock us remember you are no better. No better at all :roll: At least WM aren't knocking our impatience, oh sorry I forgot you all love supporting your family club regardless :lol: keep telling yourselves that while knocking others

God how very boring.

You guys started it :lol: :roll:

scott_powell
Site Addict

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:52 pm

DingleBull wrote:
Paulus68 wrote:
DingleBull wrote:

Absolute ****ing disgrace. Sick of the absolute ****e at this club. Most of us saw this coming a mile off. Lambert and Thelwell can **** right off. :D :D :D

Oh please dont allow me to prevent the Whitney love-in now you have won a few games :lol:

Funnily enough heard Radio WM Reporters knocking your fans tonight saying from everyone else's opinion Whitney has been doing a great job all season and earlier criticism was 'completely OTT and unjust' especially considering the injuries.

Before you knock us remember you are no better. No better at all :roll: At least WM aren't knocking our impatience, oh sorry I forgot you all love supporting your family club regardless :lol: keep telling yourselves that while knocking others

God how very boring.

Why are you even on here? Sad sad man.

DingleBull

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:22 pm

scott_powell wrote:
DingleBull wrote:
Paulus68 wrote:
DingleBull wrote:

God how very boring.

Why are you even on here? Sad sad man.

Tragic ay it - ahh well at least it gives the match thread a few more posts and makes it seem like people care

PT
Site Addict

Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:42 pm

You going to the Peterborough game on Saturday DingleBull? Usual seat?

Optimistic
UTS Veteran

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:50 pm

DingleBull wrote:
Paulus68 wrote:
DingleBull wrote:

God how very boring.

I think it's good he is visiting a league 1 forum a few months early before they are actually a league 1 club.

EvenFlow
UTS Veteran

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Optimistic wrote:I think it's good he is visiting a league 1 forum a few months early before they are actually a league 1 club.

At the risk of being in an exceptionally small minority, I genuinely hope not. I could really do without the twice-a-season circus that comes with being in the same division as that lot. Them floundering a division above us is far preferable to the complicated logistics (cars and pubs), Twitter unpleasantness, back-and-forth crowd inciting/racism accusations, and claims of mossiveness that proximity brings. Give me Shrewsbury away any day, and if that makes us "Smallsall", I for one am happy to revel in it.

kshammer
Site Addict

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Have to disagree.

Get em down here - laughing at the deluded is always great fun.

chunkster
Site Addict

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:00 am

Pedagogue wrote:

Me and phil know better :wink:

DingleBull

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:21 pm

PT wrote:You going to the Peterborough game on Saturday DingleBull? Usual seat?

Not sure who you think I am but I can assure you, you are wrong :shock:

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:36 pm

EvenFlow wrote:
Optimistic wrote:I think it's good he is visiting a league 1 forum a few months early before they are actually a league 1 club.

At the risk of being in an exceptionally small minority, I genuinely hope not. I could really do without the twice-a-season circus that comes with being in the same division as that lot. Them floundering a division above us is far preferable to the complicated logistics (cars and pubs), Twitter unpleasantness, back-and-forth crowd inciting/racism accusations, and claims of mossiveness that proximity brings. Give me Shrewsbury away any day, and if that makes us "Smallsall", I for one am happy to revel in it.

Don't forget the frankly toe-curlingly embarrassing spectacle of Franksy pretending to be neutral.

Previous
Return to 2016-17 Season