Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Northampton Town (H) League One, Feb 4th 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2016-17 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
coop63
Glitterati

Re: Northampton Town (H) League One, Feb 4th 3pm

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:57 pm

LEE75 wrote:Positive word about the referee ysday who I thought was as excellent a ref that I've witnessed all season.

By the standards of some of the dross refereeing we have witnessed this season he certainly wasn't the worst but lets not fall into the trap of accepting the best of a very bad lot! I thought he was consistent (which I guess is to be credited) but he was just so quick to blow at any infringement and this stopped the game flowing on numerous occasions.. always a shame I think.

Where I will give him credit is he managed the game well in respect of players tomfoolery.. he simply didn't let that happen so on balance not bad IMO but then I'm usually harsh on refs!! :roll: UTS

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:05 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:Lovely comment on UTS Facebook ------- "Confirmed reports that Marc Richards' penalty has landed, causing damage to flower beds in Palfrey Park"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geography not their strong point then :D

clawtheolder
Glitterati

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:09 am

JJunior9 wrote:Having watched Oztumer's goal again, does Osbourne have his shot cleared off the line from Jackson in the build-up? :lol:

I said this at the time, but tv kept saying the goalie stopped it.

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:11 pm

clawtheolder wrote:
JJunior9 wrote:Having watched Oztumer's goal again, does Osbourne have his shot cleared off the line from Jackson in the build-up? :lol:

Certainly looks as if the shot was cleared by Jackson who, whisper it, had run into an offside position.
Luckily, the lino didn't spot it.

JJunior9
UTS Veteran

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:02 pm

moaning saddler wrote:
clawtheolder wrote:

Certainly looks as if the shot was cleared by Jackson who, whisper it, had run into an offside position.
Luckily, the lino didn't spot it.

Jackson in an offside position? That can't be true! :roll: :lol:

Seriously though, he did have an influence when he came on, despite his infuriating tendency to get caught. In fairness, Jackson makes far more intelligent runs than Bakayoko and if the pass is a split-second too slow, the defence will step up. Nevertheless, when we are defending for our lives in our own 18-yard box, perhaps Jackson could begin runs inside his own half to alleviate the problem of the flag going up constantly.

Previous
Return to 2016-17 Season