Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Millwall (A) League One, Feb 1st 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2016-17 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
UTS Legend

Re: Millwall (A) League One, Feb 1st 7.45pm

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:31 pm

bangsection wrote:
PT wrote:
One interesting aside is that I too used the word turgid to describe the first half. Incorrectly as it turns out. Turgid means swollen or distended. The correct word is torpid. Thanks to Mr Bangsection for the educational bit of the night.

I'll be running a half time workshop on the correct use of "uninterested" and "disinterested" at Scunthorpe, while the Bolton game sees the welcome return of my seminar on possessive apostrophes.

Please sign up on the notice board in the quad.

It's about time some disinterested person showed an interest in the correct use of 'its' on this board.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Guest wrote:
bangsection wrote:
PT wrote:
One interesting aside is that I too used the word turgid to describe the first half. Incorrectly as it turns out. Turgid means swollen or distended. The correct word is torpid. Thanks to Mr Bangsection for the educational bit of the night.

I'll be running a half time workshop on the correct use of "uninterested" and "disinterested" at Scunthorpe, while the Bolton game sees the welcome return of my seminar on possessive apostrophes.

It's about time some disinterested person showed an interest in the correct use of 'its' on this board.

You should of been here last week......... :wink:

DonningtonSaddler
UTS Legend

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Sevenoaks Saddler wrote:Living in Kent I get to very few games. For some reason every time I do go the game is terrible (the JPT final and various 1-0 defeats at places like Brentford and Orient, for example). So apologies for jinxing it and I promise not to go to Charlton. I was going to write a match report but since absolutely nothing happened, there isn't much point. I work with a Millwall season ticket holder who said that it was the worst game he has seen all season. A good away point unless you happened to be there to witness it. At least it was on my way home. I take my woolly hat off to those who made the trek from Walsall.

Blimey. They let two Saddlers live in Sevenoaks?! I lived at Ide Hill for three years. Used to enjoy going to see us play at Brentford, Palace and Charlton (they used groundshare back then). Used to go to all the England matches too. Favourite pub was Railway and Bicycle by the station. Is it still there?

hullsaddler
Glitterati

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:03 am

Cully wrote:
bangsection wrote:
PT wrote:

Dear Sir,
I have no idea what you are talking about but I like the cut of your jib and I'm up for a half time jolly in whatever language you may wish to use. Just be aware that my attention span is limited so try to include an occasional picture or anecdote about rabbits. [my granddaughter loves rabbits] then at least if we lose I can tell her that my trip to Scunthorpe was not entirely pointless.
Yours in anticipation.

ps. Will I require special clothing?

If you fancied running a short seminar on "the appropriate and inappropriate use of semi-colons and colons" at Scunthorpe I would definitely be interested.
Do you provide reduced rates for pensioners?

windowman
UTS Legend

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 am

At my age a semi-colon is all im good for.

UTS Legend

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:33 am

Welsh_Saddler wrote:
Guest wrote:
bangsection wrote:
PT wrote:

You should of been here last week......... :wink:

I could do a half time borefest over Easter on the perils of such constructions. Do you think Shrewsbury would be a good place to do it?

nottmsaddler
UTS Veteran

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Surrey Saddler wrote:

Highlights..............I was there, what highlights?

They even showed one Millwall effort twice to make it seem more interesting - unless they had exactly the same chance later on and did exactly the same with it.

We did dominate the injury time at Oxford too so maybe that's our new away tactics. Keep it tight for 90 minutes then go all out for a winner?

Previous
Return to 2016-17 Season