Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Macclesfield Town (H) F.A.Cup 1st round, 5 Nov 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2016-17 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Re: Macclesfield Town (H) F.A.Cup 1st round, 5 Nov 3pm

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:17 pm

tinned wrote:
Walsallone wrote:I will rather timidly suggest perhaps Pedagogue :D

I think Surrey Saddler is older, but doesn't post much nowadays.

In terms of ages of the registered posters, I don't even qualify for a podium finish! :mrgreen:

Of the current REGULAR posters, it is fair to say that only Welsh Saddler is older than me (by 3 months).

IHTC.
Site Addict

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:34 pm

Swindle making our result not look too bad after all :lol:

The Sherwood effect

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 pm

IHTC. wrote:Swindle making our result not look too bad after all :lol:

The Sherwood effect
:lol: lost a fudging packet on that tonight :cry: :mrgreen:

funk_hits_the_fan
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Both the MK Dons result and the other FA Cup results makes the overreaction on this thread look every ounce as pathetic as it is.

I was at the game and suffered with everyone else but just couldn't bring myself to indulge in the usual doom gloom & drama that presents itself on this board after every single defeat. The best post was from AM lambasting all those Walsall fans that didn't go - from the comfort of his PC!

The FA Cup is losing its edge imo, nobody goes to watch it, shocks are less reported unless its a Premiershite team that has lost and generally its lost all that romance. Think back to the Walsall games against Northwich Victoria, Slough etc, well supported games. Now think of the recent history against Lincoln, Macclesfield where hardly any Walsall fans bothered to show. If under 2k Walsall fans show up, it makes sense that the players are hardly going to bust a gut. Paid job or not, they are only human.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:22 am

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:Both the MK Dons result and the other FA Cup results makes the overreaction on this thread look every ounce as pathetic as it is.

I was at the game and suffered with everyone else but just couldn't bring myself to indulge in the usual doom gloom & drama that presents itself on this board after every single defeat. The best post was from AM lambasting all those Walsall fans that didn't go - from the comfort of his PC!

The FA Cup is losing its edge imo, nobody goes to watch it, shocks are less reported unless its a Premiershite team that has lost and generally its lost all that romance. Think back to the Walsall games against Northwich Victoria, Slough etc, well supported games. Now think of the recent history against Lincoln, Macclesfield where hardly any Walsall fans bothered to show. If under 2k Walsall fans show up, it makes sense that the players are hardly going to bust a gut. Paid job or not, they are only human.

I know what you mean about playing I front of small crowds but just think what you could be playing in front of if you won the first two rounds.

That would be enough motivation for me.

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:38 am

funk_hits_the_fan wrote:Both the MK Dons result and the other FA Cup results makes the overreaction on this thread look every ounce as pathetic as it is.

Slight difference between Brum and Bolton methinks, you are probably working, I'm on a fixed income pension, spending on petrol and entrance fees has to be carefully balanced over a season for really old farts like me! :mrgreen: Come back on here when you are a pensioner, will you still be going to every match?

Previous
Return to 2016-17 Season