Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Scunthorpe United (H) League One, Tue 27 Sep, 7.45pm

Reports and reaction from the 2016-17 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Re: Scunthorpe United (H) League One, Tue 27 Sep, 7.45pm

Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:19 pm

chunkster wrote:
Leatherman wrote:
Sound_out wrote:Utter gash, Whitney out before it's too late!

If I was you I'd sticks to commenting on the Villa site regarding footballing matters or concentrate on flogging car parts on eBay if you want to save up for another IKEA wardrobe.
He was but got confused with whitney and de matteo :lol:

He probably thinks Di Matteo is an Italian sports car or small rug.
Last edited by Leatherman on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swampysaddler
Glitterati

Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:22 pm

chunkster wrote:
Leatherman wrote:
Sound_out wrote:Utter gash, Whitney out before it's too late!

If I was you I'd sticks to commenting on the Villa site regarding footballing matters or concentrate on flogging car parts on eBay if you want to save up for another IKEA wardrobe.
He was but got confused with whitney and de matteo :lol:

Well he won't have that problem soon.
Seems a race between the 2 as to who get's their P45 first.
My money is on DiMatteo.

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:09 pm

chunkster wrote:
reedswood sadler wrote:Garbage utter garbage.

Wrong team selection wrong tactics wrong result it should have been 6 or 7 to Scunthorpe and we could not of complained.

After a slight glimmer of hope in last couple of games back to normal,this game shows Whitney has learned nothing from start of season,if he is to stay and I admit I was all for him getting job he needs help quick,as stated in an earlier post keep Cultler get rid of other back room staff.

At least we will achieve what we failed to do last season get out of league 1 just at wrong end.
not complained if it had been 6-7 :shock: i would have been over the fudgin wall with a stun gun :lol:

Wrong wording perhaps would not have been surprised or unexpected how we played,bit of an old codger not explain myself, if you were there you you will understand what I meant.
Waste of time complaining,when you have watched for many years we are used to seeing more poor games than good last season was a once in a decade season.

chunkster
Site Addict

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:14 pm

reedswood sadler wrote:
chunkster wrote:

Wrong team selection wrong tactics wrong result it should have been 6 or 7 to Scunthorpe and we could not of complained.

After a slight glimmer of hope in last couple of games back to normal,this game shows Whitney has learned nothing from start of season,if he is to stay and I admit I was all for him getting job he needs help quick,as stated in an earlier post keep Cultler get rid of other back room staff.

At least we will achieve what we failed to do last season get out of league 1 just at wrong end.
not complained if it had been 6-7 :shock: i would have been over the fudgin wall with a stun gun :lol:

Wrong wording perhaps would not have been surprised or unexpected how we played,bit of an old codger not explain myself, if you were there you you will understand what I meant.
Waste of time complaining,when you have watched for many years we are used to seeing more poor games than good last season was a once in a decade season.
ye i understand mate :wink: i remember freddy barber letting in 7 against chelsea i think? i was in the street end, and i remember we loved him as much as jimmy at one time, but after that match i think the love affair ended :lol:

UTS Legend

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:32 pm

reedswood sadler wrote:
chunkster wrote:

Certainly know what you mean, I really thought that this might have been OUR season, but once again we are served up utter crass. What seemed like some decent signings, have proved to be crud as a team.
Many on other threads have mentioned that the squad 'needs time to gel' (which I myself appreciated early on), or that 'give it 10 weeks to see where we are' , Regrettably these excuses are meaningless when you consider this may well be the same with numerous other teams, all struggling with a similar problem, but it's always Walsall F.C. that continue to serve up garbage. I for one am getting heartily sick of this continuous failure...give or take a few promotions in the 5 decades that I have followed the team, defeat and failure seem to be the byword when you are a Walsall supporter.
I used to hang on every second of a season, being proud that I supported little old Worsul to the amusement of those around me. However, this continuity of 'owt will do' attitude is becoming a bore, I no longer eagerly await my next away match, why SHOULD we accept ineptness in a Walsall shirt, come on Board of Directors....prove that it does not have to be this way for ever if you wear a red and white scarf! :(

SoccerHQ
Site Addict

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:31 pm

Happydays2122 wrote:Bad recruitment, tactics

Nothing has changed my preseason prediction

Cut adrift by Xmas

Need a change now to give any hope of avoiding relegation

Shall I direct you to SkyBlueTalk as think that's the forum you're looking for. :mrgreen:

Big Dave wfc
UTS Veteran

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Arghhhhhhh, still angry at that performance.
I don't think whitney can be blamed for the goals we conceded, christ knows what come over kinsella to punch the ball away like he did.
Absolute chaos at the back.
Toner looks overweight and unfit, flo and osborne clearly not match fit, what the actual hell was he thinking starting them against a team full of confidence and top of the league.
Flo left wing is ridiculous and I would much rather have gave the young lad cockerill mollet a run at left back at least to try keep some balance.

Positives for me like 1 poster said Jackson was selfless for the team, nice moments from ozzy and Neil kept the scoreline to 4 fair play to him.

Get rid of whitney it's obvious to 85% he can't cut the mustard.

Gamble and mole should be held to account if they don't pull the trigger like they did on sod, popularity won't keep us in this division.

Hard thing is Scunthorpe are a useful side but that's it, not to cover old ground but if they played our side of last year in the month of September we would have been clear winners, missed such a huge chance.

Kenny jacket for me!!!

chunkster
Site Addict

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Big Dave wfc wrote:Arghhhhhhh, still angry at that performance.
I don't think whitney can be blamed for the goals we conceded, christ knows what come over kinsella to punch the ball away like he did.
Absolute chaos at the back.
Toner looks overweight and unfit, flo and osborne clearly not match fit, what the actual hell was he thinking starting them against a team full of confidence and top of the league.
Flo left wing is ridiculous and I would much rather have gave the young lad cockerill mollet a run at left back at least to try keep some balance.

Positives for me like 1 poster said Jackson was selfless for the team, nice moments from ozzy and Neil kept the scoreline to 4 fair play to him.

Get rid of whitney it's obvious to 85% he can't cut the mustard.

Gamble and mole should be held to account if they don't pull the trigger like they did on sod, popularity won't keep us in this division.

Hard thing is Scunthorpe are a useful side but that's it, not to cover old ground but if they played our side of last year in the month of September we would have been clear winners, missed such a huge chance.

Kenny jacket for me!!!
KENNY JACKET :shock: i would rather have jack the ripper after his antics in the race slur against our club a couple of years ago :|

killers left foot
UTS Regular

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:52 pm

we had spells like this under smith but there was a feeling that things would change and you could see what he was trying to achieve.this team and manager remind me of the bad old days of merson and dog face at the moment

Walsallone
UTS Legend

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:45 pm

To those of you who think the result would have been different last year or the year before may I remind you we lost both of those matches by the same scoreline. That doesn't excuse what hapenned on Tuesday though which was a poor performance. Incidentally some of you have suggested he got the team selection wrong .I would be interested in the team you would have picked from the available players because before the match I thought it was the best he could do except I would have played Makris rather than Cuvelier.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Walsallone wrote:To those of you who think the result would have been different last year or the year before may I remind you we lost both of those matches by the same scoreline. That doesn't excuse what hapenned on Tuesday though which was a poor performance. Incidentally some of you have suggested he got the team selection wrong .I would be interested in the team you would have picked from the available players because before the match I thought it was the best he could do except I would have played Makris rather than Cuvelier.

Totally agree.

Previous
Return to 2016-17 Season