Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Charlton Athletic (H) League One, 20th August, 3pm

Reports and reaction from the 2016-17 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Re: Charlton Athletic (H) League One, 20th August, 3pm

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Busy with work, family and other commitments. I'll go to a couple of games this season to catch up with friends. The same reason why I'll go to a few Villa games. Time is my biggest problem.

scott_powell
Site Addict

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Sound_out wrote:
scott_powell wrote:
Sound_out wrote:
Welsh_Saddler wrote:As this board is specifically entitled "2016-17 season match reports and reaction" I think it would be appropriate if it only contained reports and reaction from people who are qualified to give their opinion by actually having attended.

General comments on the ability or potential of players/management/directors should be restricted to the "All About Walsall" board.

(For the benefit of a certain poster) "Think on". :idea:

I'm more than qualified to give my opinion whether I attend the game or not. Think on! :idea:

How can you be qualified when you don't attend games? You're giving an opinion on something which requires you to be there. Your opinion in this thread in worthless and invalid. Stick to SOT or post your opinions of Whitney on the AAW section.

Well for starters, I watch the highlights, read the articles, read posts on here and know many people connected with the club. Believe it or not I have a quite reasonable understanding of what is going on at WFC. I just don't have the time or inclination to go to games anymore. My opinion is therefore not worthless and invalid.

I read articles, watch highlights and know people connected to West Brom. I have a fairly reasonable understanding of that club. I do not attend their games so cannot form a valid opinion on their matches. I also cannot form a valid opinion based on what my West Brom supporting friends or articles say as opinions differ so much in football. (Just like how some people thought we were okay Saturday where as I thought we were largely poor).

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Welsh_Saddler wrote:As this board is specifically entitled "2016-17 season match reports and reaction" I think it would be appropriate if it only contained reports and reaction from people who are qualified to give their opinion by actually having attended.
I think it is also fair enough for true fans who could not make a game but wish to comment by way of a query, perhaps asking how Player X performed etc. Happens a lot on away match-day threads when those who can't go want to hear from those that did.

Thankfully we lost the Sallian nonsense that ruined most match-day threads last season. Let's hope it doesn't go the same way this season with disruptive guff from armchair critics whose last sighting of a Saddlers player in the flesh was the magical Herivelto. :wink:

Ancient Moaner
Site Addict

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:57 pm

General comments on the ability or potential of players/management/directors should be restricted to the "All About Walsall" board.

Well said Welsh, this moron is an irritant, his sole purpose in life is to wind people up, he has done this quite successfully on SOT, now he is bored that folk are not 'taking the bait' and has filtered on to these threads.
Very dangerous, sad individual.
Please have a word and get rid, the mods banned folk that he wound up into a frenzy on SOT, please don't let him ruin this too...... he is trouble maker, if he went into pubs and only drank lemonade, he would still cause fights in an instant.

I didn't go on Saturday so can't pass any valuable info, only compare notes of similar failures to Tuesday's 'effort'!

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Ancient Moaner wrote:

Well said Welsh, this moron is an irritant, his sole purpose in life is to wind people up, he has done this quite successfully on SOT, now he is bored that folk are not 'taking the bait' and has filtered on to these threads.
Very dangerous, sad individual.
Please have a word and get rid, the mods banned folk that he wound up into a frenzy on SOT, please don't let him ruin this too...... he is trouble maker, if he went into pubs and only drank lemonade, he would still cause fights in an instant.

I didn't go on Saturday so can't pass any valuable info, only compare notes of similar failures to Tuesday's 'effort'!

Ah get over yourself you sad old git. I provide more in the way of reasoned debate in a week than you do in a year. If you get wound up it's because you're a idiot who can't take others differing opinion. The only time you ever come onto SOT lately is to have a pop at me and say something insulting, and then you blame me for winding you up? Hilarious. :lol:

Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:30 pm

How did Player X get on after his sausage breakfast in the Matty Fryatt Hotel?

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:05 am

I haven't been to game yet this season but am pleased to hear that Simon Osbourne is playing well and a 'class act'!

:wink:

WillenhallManiac

Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Exile wrote:How did Player X get on after his sausage breakfast in the Matty Fryatt Hotel?

Sick as a Parrot apparently.

Previous
Return to 2016-17 Season