Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Luton Town (A) Saturday 30th July (friendly)

Reports and reaction from the 2016-17 season as Walsall finished 14th in League 1
booster cogburn
UTS Veteran

Re: Luton Town (A) Saturday 30th July (friendly)

Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:07 pm

I've said this many times over the years but you should read nothing at all into pre-season friendlies. Predicting a likely finishing position based on practice match form is just plain saft. Players aren't running at full pelt and they don't go crashing into tackles, and neither should they with the season starting so soon.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:09 am

NEWPORT SADDLERS DAD wrote:
chunkster wrote:the thing i don't understand is, the team on paper ooozes class and creativity. but from what i have read we don't seem to have any :|

Playing on paper is easy compared to playing on grass.

:lol: very true.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:13 am

I'm more than happy with all the signings and the squad as it stands. Perhaps the only thing that casts a bit of a shadow over it is whether they can gel as a team. Just bear in mind that this is a group of people who are new to each other and probably struggling to remember each other's names. :D

All the ingredients are there for a successful season. Let's hope they come together in the right proportions and Whitney knows how to cook.

Previous
Return to 2016-17 Season