Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Euro 16

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
PT
Site Addict

Re: Euro 16

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Wragbyred wrote:Will they pick Eddie Howe? Will they bollocks
The top 3 favourites for the job?
Southgate
Pardew
Neville
The same arse licking crowd as usual

The FA will never change, the same suits, the same old farts in charge

That list is as grim as a Harry Kane corner or free-kick.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:04 pm

Pardew??????

FFS!!!!!

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:Pardew??????

FFS!!!!!

Pardew would be alright because he'd try his best to fall in line with the way the FA like the manager to behave but it would only be a matter of time until he ended up saying or doing something mad.
Alan shearer has said he wants it now.

Whitters
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:46 am

Leatherman wrote:Leave the useless barstewards in France.

I don't want them back.

Premier League best in the world?

I feel sick.

All of the above.
How do these people command such high wages - they are beyond useless.
I'm just stunned at how bad they are.
The only positive to come out of this is that the bewildered one has gone and millions of amateur players are given hope they could play for England as their professional counterparts are rank bad.
Man of the match for England - I'd love to know who that was.
And as for Spurs players, don't get me started.

Whitters
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:42 am

Further discussion on England and our ex-managers performance....
http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... 7819&st=40

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:14 am

.......that could have gone better ........ :|

Well done Iceland! No complaints. :idea:

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:04 am

Whitters wrote:
Leatherman wrote:Leave the useless barstewards in France.

I don't want them back.

Premier League best in the world?

I feel sick.

All of the above.
How do these people command such high wages - they are beyond useless.
I'm just stunned at how bad they are.
The only positive to come out of this is that the bewildered one has gone and millions of amateur players are given hope they could play for England as their professional counterparts are rank bad.
Man of the match for England - I'd love to know who that was.
And as for Spurs players, don't get me started.

I thought Rashford was the only one who came out of that with any dignity.
In 5 minutes he did far more than the whole team had done in 90.

As for the Spurs players this was always on the cards after the manner in which they bottled their end of season. By the middle of the 2nd half Kane looked completely shot, all red faced and barely able to run.

As soon as we went 2-1 down the team looked like they were all shitting themselves.
The result was bad enough but the performance was inexcusable.

Welsh_Saddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:08 am

I was reminded of some of the worst Walsall performances during Dean Smith's darkest days.....England played the ball sideways, backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards (ad nauseam), very rarely if ever won any 50/50 balls, and generally were outplayed by an opposition that clearly wanted it more than we did.

At least Woy has done the honourable thing - but his successor should have a complete clear-out, and a re-think on basic tactics and players' attitudes during a game. Iceland were headless chickens, but with the requisite level of skill to go with the endeavour. England were boring, slow, and on occasion very sloppy.

And don't get me started on Joe Hart, who should now devote his entire life to advertising shampoo rather than pretending to be a goalkeeper. Iceland's second goal was as the result of action within the goal area, not the penalty area - and the goal area is the place for the goalkeeper to be in command, not quivering on his goal line like a rabbit caught in the headlights!!

Mini-rant over.

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:14 am

They are all touting glen hoddle for the next manager on talk sport .ye that's a great idea. Bring back an already failed England manager and blame the fact it was his age :|

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:42 am

Looks like the premier league making the national team better argument has been well and truly blown out of the water. Disinterested rich bastards with one eye on their private beach tropical holidays. Pack of barclays.

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:09 am

I think big Sam is a good shout. At least he would bring some old fashioned values and passion to the team

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:22 am

Exile wrote:Looks like the premier league making the national team better argument has been well and truly blown out of the water.

My first thoughts last night. Twenty years on, and Greg Dyke's claims about the Premier League (or "BPL" as the FIFA-playing kids now cringe-worthily refer to it) was going to be the making of English football have been proven to be the fallacy that many of us at the time felt it would be.

Chris Waddle's rant last night was entertaining, full of truisms, but he made some good points. The headphone-wearing thoroughbreds have not understood the nature of international tournament football.

On to the team, I was surprised that when we knew Iceland's team (unchanged) and their system - to sit back and counter (unchanged), why we didn't play someone who could unlock the defence better than other forwards, Lallana or someone who had had a great domestic season of assists and forward play (Milner). I wonder what Danny Drinkwater made of our midfield, or Jermaine Defoe of our forwards, last night.

Disappointing isn't really sufficient. Shocking, but not surprising.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:23 am

chunkster wrote:I think big Sam is a good shout. At least he would bring some old fashioned values and passion to the team

I've had enough of "old fashioned values and passion" in the last week to last me a lifetime. Gets you nowhere and can lead you in the completely wrong direction.
Last edited by BathSaddler on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:24 am

chunkster wrote:They are all touting glen hoddle for the next manager on talk sport .ye that's a great idea. Bring back an already failed England manager and blame the fact it was his age :|

They always mention Hoddle on talk sport I had to stop listening to it a couple of years ago it was like the Alan Brazil touting Glenn Hoddle for every job show, He's a terrible manager just ask any Wolves fan he couldn't even get them out the league with a very decent budget at the time.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:49 am

Hoddle? fudge Hoddle? would he bring mystic meg or whatever her name was with the faith crystals?

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:51 am

King Crimson wrote:
Exile wrote:Looks like the premier league making the national team better argument has been well and truly blown out of the water.

My first thoughts last night. Twenty years on, and Greg Dyke's claims about the Premier League (or "BPL" as the FIFA-playing kids now cringe-worthily refer to it) was going to be the making of English football have been proven to be the fallacy that many of us at the time felt it would be.

Chris Waddle's rant last night was entertaining, full of truisms, but he made some good points. The headphone-wearing thoroughbreds have not understood the nature of international tournament football.

On to the team, I was surprised that when we knew Iceland's team (unchanged) and their system - to sit back and counter (unchanged), why we didn't play someone who could unlock the defence better than other forwards, Lallana or someone who had had a great domestic season of assists and forward play (Milner). I wonder what Danny Drinkwater made of our midfield, or Jermaine Defoe of our forwards, last night.

Potentially put Drinkwater off the whole thing. 'listen son you've had a great season, won the league and played 40 plus games but Jack Wilshire plays for Arsenal (well he's got a contract there he doesn't play), perhaps you should have stayed at Man Utd and then we could pick you'.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:05 pm

derbysaddler wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

Potentially put Drinkwater off the whole thing. 'listen son you've had a great season, won the league and played 40 plus games but Jack Wilshire plays for Arsenal (well he's got a contract there he doesn't play), perhaps you should have stayed at Man Utd and then we could pick you'.

We need a revolution at the FA.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Leatherman wrote:We need a revolution at the FA.

Referendum? :D

Leatherman
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:08 pm

4143 wrote:
Leatherman wrote:We need a revolution at the FA.

Referendum? :D

I'll vote for that! :D

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Called it early days, our poor defence and Roy's lack of interest to see past his favourites would cost us. If I can see it why cant the FA??

Perfect example... Roy goes to Jack Wilshere when in desperate need to change the game. What other Manager in Europe would over look Vardy and Rashford in favour of a player who hasn't completed 90 minutes in a year???

Roy got what he deserved.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Mazza01 wrote:Called it early days, our poor defence and Roy's lack of interest to see past his favourites would cost us. If I can see it why cant the FA??

Perfect example... Roy goes to Jack Wilshere when in desperate need to change the game. What other Manager in Europe would over look Vardy and Rashford in favour of a player who hasn't completed 90 minutes in a year???

The fans who forked out a small fortune to watch it didn't.

Woy ought to hand his salary back. It tantamount to theft.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Leatherman wrote:
Mazza01 wrote:Called it early days, our poor defence and Roy's lack of interest to see past his favourites would cost us. If I can see it why cant the FA??

The fans who forked out a small fortune to watch it didn't.

Woy ought to hand his salary back. It tantamount to theft.

I have personally already forked out £250.00 for a ticket to Sundays quarter final safe to say I will end up out of pocket, but that's the risk you take.

But like I say this was on the Cards, the FA also have to take a lot of blame for allowing it to happen. His selection criteria has been shocking ever since he took over.

We all know had Welbeck been 80% fit he would of also shoe horned him into the side. How Drinkwater was left out is still beyondd me.

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:19 pm

BathSaddler wrote:
chunkster wrote:I think big Sam is a good shout. At least he would bring some old fashioned values and passion to the team

I've had enough of "old fashioned values and passion" in the last week to last me a lifetime. Gets you nowhere and can lead you in the completely wrong direction.
well the only other serious name being mentioned is Southgate. Not sure he has the experience though :|

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:21 pm

otiswfc wrote:
chunkster wrote:They are all touting glen hoddle for the next manager on talk sport .ye that's a great idea. Bring back an already failed England manager and blame the fact it was his age :|

They always mention Hoddle on talk sport I had to stop listening to it a couple of years ago it was like the Alan Brazil touting Glenn Hoddle for every job show, He's a terrible manager just ask any Wolves fan he couldn't even get them out the league with a very decent budget at the time.
ye true. And I thought he had lost the plot mentally a few years ago? Didn't he do a David icke?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:26 pm

For a team that sits back (Iceland), I get why you might not see Vardy doing the business. But I'd certainly have looked at Lallana over Wilshere, and Milner over the out of form/mossively over-rated Sterling. It wasn't pace that we were crying out for last night, but organisation and some guile.

chunkster
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:29 pm

King Crimson wrote:

For a team that sits back (Iceland), I get why you might not see Vardy doing the business. But I'd certainly have looked at Lallana over Wilshere, and Milner over the out of form/mossively over-rated Sterling. It wasn't pace that we were crying out for last night, but organisation and some guile.
dont know about you but I thought Rooney had one of his worse games in an England shirt?

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:46 pm

chunkster wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

dont know about you but I thought Rooney had one of his worse games in an England shirt?

I agree. I thought he fell away badly in the second half. Can't see him featuring in the long term plans of a new coach. He's going to be a bit stuck in two years time re: his role. I'm not convinced about his leadership qualities either.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:53 pm

I've ordered a DVD of England's defensive blunders at Euro 16. Bonnie Tyler has recorded the backing track. It's just totally clips of Joe Hart.

reedswood sadler
Glitterati

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Well done Iceland no fluke outplayed out thought wanted it more played for their country not money or advertising contracts.

Overpaid Over rated premiership players who believe their own publicity.

As said in another post like watching dean smith team at worst.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:11 pm

England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:
Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

:shock: