Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Euro 16

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
saddla
Site Addict

Re: Euro 16

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:38 am

derbysaddler wrote:2018 world cup is going to be lovely treat eh?

I think you'll find that the Russian police will be rather more forceful than the French. :shock:

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:09 pm

saddla wrote:
derbysaddler wrote:2018 world cup is going to be lovely treat eh?

I think you'll find that the Russian police will be rather more forceful than the French. :shock:

Yeah right,
The Russian Police will happily sit back for a while and watch Russian ultra nationalist steroid monsters kick seven shades of cack out of foreign fans before moving in and enjoying their own head cracking session.

One Russian MP has been tweeting on the good job the Russian fans have been doing in France, what a lovely bloke.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:15 pm

They shouldn't be in the Euro's anyway. fudge 'em off to the Asian federation.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Have worked a lot in Russia and have researched the place for long time. I love it, stunning country with some of most amazing people in world. Putin has created an atmospher for Russian nationalism so basically anything Russians do to have a go at the west is fine by him. These nutters are virtually para military.

Most sane Russians I know hate Putin and this nationalist scum he stands for. But he has done what ex KGB people do. He has established Russia as a world power again. The ludicrous comments from people central to the Russian football association about well done boys carry on, when there are numerous English fans in hospital and one in coma sum up the way Russia thinks. Yes English fans were obnoxious as they always are, don't like that but that's the way it is. These nutters will get a heroes welcome when they get home.

They are virtually paramilitary. Can't remember name of 50 year old Pompey fan who has been battered into coma by iron bars. Disgusting. Even out lunatics back in the day didn't go out to cause death. As I say Russia is a wonderful country and I have many Russian mates. But if any of our lot take revenge on people who did it I won't be crying.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Jesus Christ Fifa had the wisdom to give the World Cup in two years time to a country that has hooligan problems far beyond we ever had and racism issues beyond anything I have ever seen

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Corrupt scum at the top and they match each other, Fifa and Russian people in power. The elite are scum. They will welcome these lunatics when they get home. Russia is a wonderful country but the security services and regime are scum. Hope the 1% at top of country plus the 250 paramilitary scum who puts English fans in hospital rot in hell.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:08 pm

I would love to believe putins cack about World Cup helping investment into infrastructure to help local people. Truth is it will be same or worse than Winter Olympics. Most expensive olympics ever, not just Winter Olympics bit all olympics. Why? Cos all contracts went to putins mates. The amount of money going missing for World Cup 2018 before you even get onto racism and other issues is mind boggling. I would advise anyone to visit Russia. It is a stunning country with stunning people. Despite the scum who run it, nasty nazi scum.

belgiansaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:11 pm

I a aging I will have an umbrella into my leg on a bridge somewhere lol. But message to Putin you make me sick you vile evil man who is conning your country. God bless all the wonderful Russian people I know. You have a wonderful country and wonderful people. I love you xx

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:30 am

Quality rant. Never been to Russia, would love to one day. Think their 'fans' at the euros are on sabbatical from the army though. Would be interesting if any real journo could investigate. Doubt they'd get out alive though!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:50 am

English hooliganism often amounts to pissed-up, unarmed scrapping and chairs being thrown. Not good by any stretch, but organised gangs from, shall we say, more brutal parts of the continent, readily arm themselves with bats & knives, and to them life is very cheap. Two very different things. Is this a reflection of how their regime treats them?

Russia and the countries immediately around it are some distance behind Western Europe, so when they meet it's not an even playing field. How did the authorities fail to foresee this? I wonder if this is what they wanted, or that in the grand scheme of things, they just don't care that much. Probably the latter.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:18 am

Polish now on the rampage in Nice, reports suggest over 500 cars have been washed and leathered. :mrgreen:

dobbster71
UTS Veteran

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:33 am

On a lighter note, following Cristiano Ronaldos' comments here's the latest informed opinion of the "Worlds Greatest Player":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-os-cflf4k

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:07 am

Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro - what's not to like?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tch-report

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 am

Just finished watching a replay of Portugal v Iceland on tv. Could not believe Ronaldo's arrogance at the end and his refusal to shake hands. Backed up by his comments above. Behaviour like a petulant blatantly overspoilt child. What a wonderful example (not) of how to conduct yourself as captain of your country.

Ronaldo = 10/10 as a player, 0/10 as a human being.

Portugal are no longer a neutral watching team as far as I am concerned. I am now a committed fan of anyone they play while he is involved

otherbournemouthsaddler
UTS Regular

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:56 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
otherbournemouthsaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:England fans giving it large after a few in town, but run off in the stadium?

Gobshites.

Yeah, those men women and children who were rushed were the exact same lot who were "giving it large".....

Jesus, even the women and kids gobbing off in town! It's an absolute disgrace.

I had to physically stop my 17 week old son from running to France with flares and anti- Putin/Sharapova/Kournikova slogans, I blame the parents....

otherbournemouthsaddler
UTS Regular

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:04 pm

On a more football related note - I'm over the moon to see Roy Hodgson get credit for the changes he made*
I'm not sure who else england fans would want in the role?

Also really pleased to see Rooney get the praise for running the team - any club in the world would have him in their side and the views that he doesnt care are just ridiculous.

*Disclaimer - Im well aware that Hodgson's hand was forced with Bale's goal but it was still a good call. This will be the last we see of Sterling and will be suprised if kane starts again - although i still think Sterling is more of an "impact" player.

Whitters
Site Addict

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:53 am

otherbournemouthsaddler wrote:On a more football related note - I'm over the moon to see Roy Hodgson get credit for the changes he made*

Also really pleased to see Rooney get the praise for running the team - any club in the world would have him in their side and the views that he doesnt care are just ridiculous.

*Disclaimer - Im well aware that Hodgson's hand was forced with Bale's goal but it was still a good call. This will be the last we see of Sterling and will be suprised if kane starts again - although i still think Sterling is more of an "impact" player.

I think Hodgson made changes based on common sense at long donald ducking last.
Oh and the media have influenced him too.
At least he had the guts to change things I suppose.

As Liverpool are my "second" team, I watched Hodgson with interest when he was there. I honestly couldn't see any system or style under him. He's at the WBA level that's all. There's a good reason he looks bewildered.

As for Putin, Obama reckons all he's done is bankrupt the Russian economy when we all know that the US forcing down the price of oil has done that.
The Russians are a weird mob at the top anyway - why don't they at least show friendship to other nations?
Wipe them out while they are down is what the US want to do and I'm won't argue against that.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:29 am

Whitters wrote:Wipe them out while they are down is what the US want to do and I'm won't argue against that.

Silly man says silly things. :roll:

Whitters
Site Addict

Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Sound_out wrote:
Whitters wrote:Wipe them out while they are down is what the US want to do and I'm won't argue against that.

This is a football site - why don't you comment on the football issues you sad, lonely man?

Sound_out
Site Addict

Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Whitters wrote:
Sound_out wrote:

This is a football site - why don't you comment on the football issues you sad, lonely man?

Poor Whitters, nothing but silly thoughts in his poor silly head. :cry: :lol:

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Why is Greg Dyke bringing up Hodsgon's contract at this stage of the proceedings ?

Veiled threats about a possible sacking are hardly going to help the situation , whatever anyone thinks of Hodgson.

This is the same bloke who initiated the "B" teams fiasco , and also heartily backed Platini for Fifa presidency.

The sooner he retires the better.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Location: Still pointing and laughing even LOUDER at psychotic fantasists.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Whitters wrote:
otherbournemouthsaddler wrote:On a more football related note - I'm over the moon to see Roy Hodgson get credit for the changes he made*

I think Hodgson made changes based on common sense at long donald ducking last.
Oh and the media have influenced him too.
At least he had the guts to change things I suppose.

As Liverpool are my "second" team, I watched Hodgson with interest when he was there. I honestly couldn't see any system or style under him. He's at the WBA level that's all. There's a good reason he looks bewildered.

As for Putin, Obama reckons all he's done is bankrupt the Russian economy when we lall know that the US forcing down the price of oil has done that.
The Russians are a weird mob at the top anyway - why don't they at least show friendship to other nations?
Wipe them out while they are down is what the US want to do and I'm won't argue against that.

I thought that was Saudi trying to wreck the USA's fracking industry? Oh well, you live and learn.

Leatherman
Site Addict

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Following last nights result, if England get through to the Quarter Finals there's a good chance we'll be playing France in the Stade de France.

No doubt this is all part of Hodgson's cunning plan to capture the trophy that's eluded England since the competitions inception.

After all, why else would you make six changes to a winning team?

# :mrgreen: [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Leatherman on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Leatherman wrote:
After all, why else would you make six changes to a winning team?

To be fair , he only made four changes. Vardy and Sturridge were in the winning team , and almost everone's choice after what had gone on before.

As for the other four , the fullbacks were Ok , although I would have kept Walker , presumably the thinking was he might need a rest .

The big "miss" for me was Rooney , as Wilshere was poor to say the least.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Meks me loff.
The media that gives us no chance before the tournament then goes way over the top when we don't win every game.
Weem still in it and playing really well apart from converting chances, surprising cuz there's goals in this team.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:40 pm

"Will Frigg's on fire" - has the amount of time given to singing a song for a player and their "game time" ever been as out of kilter?

Leatherman
Site Addict

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:19 pm

chestersaddler wrote:Meks me loff.
The media that gives us no chance before the tournament then goes way over the top when we don't win every game.
Weem still in it and playing really well apart from converting chances, surprising cuz there's goals in this team.

Sounds familiar dow it? :D

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 am

A thought out of left field

With Spain having lost to Croatia, they now finish second in their group (D)

Italy are winning their group (E)

In the round of 16, winner E plays runner up in D. At the moment Spain v Italy

What chance Italy do not try their hardest in match against ROI and lose also hoping that the other match gives the right result and they end up second???

Then they play the winner of (F) instead of Spain. That could be any of Portugal, Iceland, Hungary or Austria still.

Plus I also note that England now play the runner up in (F) and Martin Atkinson is listed to referee a group (F) match Portugal v Hungary on Wednesday. A game that the England squad will be very keen to be watching I would have thought. UEFA have also said that the appointment stands. I hope for Martin's sake that nothing controversial happens.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 am

Jeremy Busby wrote:
What chance Italy do not try their hardest in match against ROI and lose also hoping that the other match gives the right result and they end up second???

Since when did Italy ever surrender ?

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:06 am

Jeremy Busby wrote:A thought out of left field

With Spain having lost to Croatia, they now finish second in their group (D)

Italy are winning their group (E)

In the round of 16, winner E plays runner up in D. At the moment Spain v Italy

Then they play the winner of (F) instead of Spain. That could be any of Portugal, Iceland, Hungary or Austria still.

Plus I also note that England now play the runner up in (F) and Martin Atkinson is listed to referee a group (F) match Portugal v Hungary on Wednesday. A game that the England squad will be very keen to be watching I would have thought. UEFA have also said that the appointment stands. I hope for Martin's sake that nothing controversial happens.

Just given myself an uppercut. Just found out that the tie breaker in a two team tie within the groups is the head to head result. Italy beat Belgium so Italy are top regardless what happens in the last games.

Belgium (assuming they beat Sweden) will now be loving losing that match in hindsight

PreviousNext
Return to England Highs & Lows