Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Euro 16

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Exile
Jobsworth

Euro 16

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:43 am

No euro 16 topic? Euro 16 topic!

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Re: Euro 16

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:09 am

Henderson, Dier,Milner, are terrible if England rely on those numptys we've got no chance the rest are decent enough so we might do alright inspite of the 3 player's with no ability in the squad.
Henderson is the worst they take him because he runs a lot if that was the case I'd have took mo farah he's probably a better footballer as well :lol:

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:49 am

Add into the mix an injury prone Wilshere and a dodgy defence, I see no more than the quarters at best.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:52 am

It's coming home !

UTS Legend

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:03 pm

They're coming home. In June.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Wilshere fit is decent and would be in any squad but is it right he didn't play a game until April?

If it is then it is disgusting. I'm not saying Drinkwater is better than him but if he has the exact same season form wise but is wearing say a Liverpool shirt - a big club who are average, then he goes to the Euros.

There's always going to be bias in squad selection but that is barclays. He isn't Messi FFS.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:01 am

I do wonder what role player sponsors had in one or two of the selections.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:50 am

kshammer wrote:Wilshere fit is decent and would be in any squad but is it right he didn't play a game until April?

If it is then it is disgusting. I'm not saying Drinkwater is better than him but if he has the exact same season form wise but is wearing say a Liverpool shirt - a big club who are average, then he goes to the Euros.

There's always going to be bias in squad selection but that is barclays. He isn't Messi FFS.

Fully agree , Wilshere is only going because he has the 'POTENTIAL' to have a good game should he get fit.

Stats don't lie Drinkwater has been immense, Premier league winner , MOM on his England debut and left out for a player who genuinely has a 20%chance of making an impact over 90 minutes.

Now I am far from suggesting Drinkwater is the better player should both be 100% fit but leaving him out is a rotten decision. That's Wilshere , Henderson and Cahill all going into the tournament with doubts over their fitness.. nice one Roy .

otiswfc
UTS Legend

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Taking Rashford over Defoe is also a strange choice in my opinion.
If the scenario unfolds when we are chasing a game 1-0 with 15-20 minutes left sort of thing who's more likely to score Defoe or Rashford I'd say Defoe.
That is definitely a English football thing though because if Defoe was 40 and Italian he'd be chosen for some reason England aways sacrifice a proven player for a teenage kid with potential then never actually play the kid very odd.

Kevlar
UTS Veteran

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:56 pm

otiswfc wrote:Taking Rashford over Defoe is also a strange choice in my opinion.
If the scenario unfolds when we are chasing a game 1-0 with 15-20 minutes left sort of thing who's more likely to score Defoe or Rashford I'd say Defoe.
That is definitely a English football thing though because if Defoe was 40 and Italian he'd be chosen for some reason England aways sacrifice a proven player for a teenage kid with potential then never actually play the kid very odd.

I ain't too worried about Rashford letting us down, he ain't had the confidence knocked out of him yet.

If you want to pick someone whom we might need who is past it , I'd have have gone for John Terry ( much as I don't like the bloke ) .

For me France will be the creme de menthe :D .

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:47 pm

I see our knuckleheads are at it again :oops:

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:55 pm

What a goal that was :D

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:09 pm

chestersaddler wrote:I see our knuckleheads are at it again :oops:

Well all I have seen so far is others attacking the English. Yes we respond but what true man wouldn't?

Great goal by payet :shock:

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:54 am

Darth Vader wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:I see our knuckleheads are at it again :oops:

Well all I have seen so far is others attacking the English. Yes we respond but what true man wouldn't?

Great goal by payet :shock:

Your completely wrong defending those morons, many time ive travelled away following England and every time I end up witnessing trouble.

Marseille was always going to be a hot bed for trouble it happened in 98 it's no coincidence.

Just face it our lads love a beer and a tear up!

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:45 am

Don't disagree but so far the English haven't been the ones seeking trouble, petrol bomb a threw inside a pub English were drinking last night and various Russian mobs stealing flags (whatever pointless thing that is) and kicking off

Everyone loves a go at us anyway...and we love a go back, gonna be a fun euros :lol:

UTS Legend

Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:53 am

Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sound_out
Site Addict

Location: Draining the swamp and watching the truth come out.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:55 am

I think, in the main, this is English fans responding to local French gangs wanting revenge for 98 and Russian fans up for a fight. It's only a small number and was always going to happen.

As a bit of a weird coincidence I met a former prominent member of the Zulus yesterday. Seemed a nice guy. Built like a brick cack house... Mossiv! He'd have probably taken out our Burberry chav lot on his own and that is no exaggeration!

PT
Site Addict

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:42 pm

All the evidence I've seen suggests that reasonably small groups of Russians and locals are ambushing England fans, battering a few then leaving when the Police arrive. Some agitated England fans then take it out on the Police who then tear gas those a England fans who then get more agitated and create a chair and bottle throwing exhibition for the cameras.

Luckily in these days of camera phones some of the initial ambushes are being caught and posted because if you were to rely on the pictures captured by the traditional media, you'd think it was just England fans misbehaving.

I hope the critically injured England fan makes a full recovery and everyone disperses peacefully after tonight's game.

kshammer
Site Addict

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:43 pm

By the sound of it they have been typical cowardly, sneak attacks from the French and attacks with weapons by the Russians.

You can't blame England fans for having a go back but let's not pretend they'd have been angels if not provoked. There's still a load of brain dead morons and scrawny chav wannabes who can't have a drink without causing trouble. We've dished it out enough over the years and so now we're targets regardless of whether they behave or not.

Such a shame. As PT said, hope the seriously injured chap is ok.

Super Gabor
UTS Legend

Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Fair to say Adidas are winning the kit design competition v Nike based on what I've seen so far.

Very positive first half but why does Kane take corners? Surely more effective in the bix!.

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:59 pm

FFS, just like being a Walsall fan last season, passing the arse off a cack long ball team, only to be fudge against the run of play.

Russia were shite, but Rooney and Dier looked really high class. On to the woollybacks

Andy_Petterson
Glitterati

Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:25 pm

HODGSON OUT

How can you not beat that Russian side? Why is there not a single Leicester player playing?
Why bring on the not fully fit Jack Wheelchair when defending a single goal lead.

Sick to death of England ballsing up in tournaments. Wasn't the creation of the premier league meant to mean we would now be overlords of the universe or summat?

PT
Site Addict

Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:34 pm

Andy_Petterson wrote:
Sick to death of England ballsing up in tournaments. Wasn't the creation of the premier league meant to mean we would now be overlords of the universe or summat?

That was the plan, but it took 22 years after the formation of the Premier League to realise that to succeed in International football England's players needed to have tasted the rarified atmosphere of the JPT Trophy in their formative years.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:30 am

England fans giving it large after a few in town, but run off in the stadium?

Gobshites.

Mazza01
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:21 am

Whilst Roy has no vision or balls nothing will change, to leave one of the hottest strikers in Europe on the bench against such a weak side is pathetic!

It's no surprise Wishere and Milner managed to get on, he has clear favourites and unfortunately can't spot a player outside of them.

Such a shame as this is a really talented bunch.

otherbournemouthsaddler
UTS Regular

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:47 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:England fans giving it large after a few in town, but run off in the stadium?

Gobshites.

Yeah, those men women and children who were rushed were the exact same lot who were "giving it large".....

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:00 am

otherbournemouthsaddler wrote:
SaigonSaddler wrote:England fans giving it large after a few in town, but run off in the stadium?

Gobshites.

Yeah, those men women and children who were rushed were the exact same lot who were "giving it large".....

Jesus, even the women and kids gobbing off in town! It's an absolute disgrace.

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:24 am

Played well, first half was excellent just badly needed to capitalise. Last minute goal was a complete blow, I'm still gutted now. Kane should be the last person to take any set piece, awful and should be in the box with his height anyway.

Mate who's there decided not to go out on the piss after the game. Just going off way too much.

Fish
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Mazza01 wrote:Whilst Roy has no vision or balls nothing will change, to leave one of the hottest strikers in Europe on the bench against such a weak side is pathetic!

It's no surprise Wishere and Milner managed to get on, he has clear favourites and unfortunately can't spot a player outside of them.

Such a shame as this is a really talented bunch.

I wonder if Woy has been watching the Saddlers? Lots of possession, lots of huff and puff, lots of chances, one striker, one goal, ability to concede a disappointing and damaging late equaliser (e.g. Blackpool).

After a great qualifying campaign and a terrific performance against Germany, it was disappointing to see Hodgson ring the changes in the warm up games. The game against Portugal sounded the warning bells as he sacrificed England's potency to accommodate Rooney in midfield. And contrary to what almost everyone else though he claimed we played well that night.

It seems that unless anything changes there will be no place for Vardy in this set up, Kane will be ploughing a lone furrow 'feeding on scraps' and as good a player as Rooney is / was, his contribution in a midfield experiment will be as ineffective as it has been all season at Man U.

I do not trust Hodgson's judgement.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:21 am

2018 world cup is going to be lovely treat eh?

Next
Return to England Highs & Lows