Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Montenegro 2-2 England

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Exile
Jobsworth

Montenegro 2-2 England

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 am

England are such an embarrassment nobody even started a thread before this match.

I read the 2010 thread before starting this, substitute a couple of names and the content could be copypasta'd here and it'd be the same match. Apart from more vitriol to Rooney for being a compete knobend, and the rest for throwing away a two goal because they might damage their haircut or get their embroidered boots scuffed.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Montenegro 2-2 England

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:14 am

John Terry's positioning makes me want to cry.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Montenegro 2-2 England

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:38 am

No leadership anywhere in that team. No desire. The players just don't care enough. As a result, neither do I.

England is riddled with inertia from the FA Executive Committee through to John Terry's legs. Tired, and trading on a reputation built years ago.

tinned
Site Addict

Re: Montenegro 2-2 England

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:02 am

King Crimson wrote:No leadership anywhere in that team. No desire. The players just don't care enough. As a result, neither do I.

England is riddled with inertia from the FA Executive Committee through to John Terry's legs. Tired, and trading on a reputation built years ago.

[tinned likes]

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Joe Hart said that he thought the decision to send off Rooney was incorrect :lol: :roll:

Darth Vader
Site Addict

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:58 pm

England bore the toss out of me, I CBA with 'em.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:54 am

I'm so uninterested I didn't even know they were playing until my sister sent me a text saying "I suppose your matching the England match".

Premier League has killed English football.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Montenegro 2-2 England

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:04 am

I never thought I'd ever say this, but I wouldn't be bothered if England didn't even qualify. What would be the point? Months of overhyped build up, loads of excitement for a new competition, looking forward to putting on your new England top, and going down the pub with your mates to cheers the lads on- and then we play crud, and the whole country feel let down. I just can't be bothered anymore. Much the same as Walsall

ws3
Glitterati

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:46 am

If everybody thought like this there would be no such thing as sporting competitions. We did qualify, and yes for a short period of time the country will get carried away thinking we will win it comfortably. Thats the fun of it, cheering on the underdog in the hope that one day it will be our year.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:30 am

Just have Rooney melted down and turned into soap, he may prove more useful then.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 am

ws3 wrote:If everybody thought like this there would be no such thing as sporting competitions. We did qualify, and yes for a short period of time the country will get carried away thinking we will win it comfortably. Thats the fun of it, cheering on the underdog in the hope that one day it will be our year.

Well said that man.

And to the starter of the thread, If such a thread was in "Slightly Off Topic" instead of "England Highs and Lows", it would have received more posts.
Just like England threads used to until someone had nothing better to do and move them.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

I cor be bothered watching England anymore. They're obviously not the slightest bit bothere adn that's infected me.

Just a couple of years ago I was desperate to get tickets and watch them, now I can't be bothered turning on the TV.

Rooney should never play for England again.

Well done FA, well done Premier League :evil:

Aldridge_saddler
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:26 pm

I didn't even watch the game, catching up on the old idiot abroad before hand!

England are a load of pish!

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Aldridge_saddler wrote:I didn't even watch the game, catching up on the old idiot abroad before hand!

And added to that, the manager goes back on his word.
Manager "I will pick and play the players in form".
Player "I have scored 4 goals in the last 2 games".
Manager "Your on the bench"
:roll:
Last edited by SheffieldSaddler on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Montenegro 2-2 England

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:28 pm

tinned wrote:I cor be bothered watching England anymore. They're obviously not the slightest bit bothere adn that's infected me.

Just a couple of years ago I was desperate to get tickets and watch them, now I can't be bothered turning on the TV.

Rooney should never play for England again.

Well done FA, well done Premier League :evil:

I agree. So that's WFC, and England that have become an insignificance in my life. And all due to the underhand goings on from the respective powers that be

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Montenegro 2-2 England

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:28 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Aldridge_saddler wrote:I didn't even watch the game, catching up on the old idiot abroad before hand!

And added to that, the manager goes back on his word.
Manager "I will pick and play the players in form".
Player "I have scored 4 goals in the last 2 games".
Manager "Your on the bench"
:roll:

I assume you mean Lampard. Whose place was taken "in the hole" by the Premier League's top scorer.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

SheffieldSaddler wrote:If such a thread was in "Slightly Off Topic" (SOT) instead of "England Highs and Lows", it would have received more posts.
Just like England threads used to until someone had nothing better to do and move them.

Threads in off topic expire after a couple of weeks. This forum doesn't purge, so the threads are kept for posterity, which means that if people read this forum in 20 years time they can see that I think you're a numpty and an idiot, whereas if I called you that in SOT I'd have to repeat myself every fortnight. :mrgreen:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:07 am

Exile wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:If such a thread was in "Slightly Off Topic" (SOT) instead of "England Highs and Lows", it would have received more posts.

Threads in off topic expire after a couple of weeks. This forum doesn't purge, so the threads are kept for posterity, which means that if people read this forum in 20 years time they can see that I think you're a numpty and an idiot, whereas if I called you that in SOT I'd have to repeat myself every fortnight. :mrgreen:

Alternatively, you could move the thread after a couple of weeks to the "England Highs and Lows".
Jesus, thank god you dont have to use your brain for a living.
Absolutely priceless.

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 am

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:

Alternatively, you could move the thread after a couple of weeks to the "England Highs and Lows".
Jesus, thank god you dont have to use your brain for a living.
Absolutely priceless.

Is your scroll button broken or something. Do you have to turn your widescreen sideways so you can see word documents in A4 and not miss the bottom of every page?

Return to England Highs & Lows