Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

At Last!

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
The Red Prince
Site Addict

At Last!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Someone (fairly) high profile links the rise of the Premier League and the decline of the national team!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8776005.stm

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: At Last!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Well said, that man. Quite polite too, but is spot on as to why we won't host 2018.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Andy Burnham was heavily involved with Supporters Direct, the national body incorporating Football Trusts all over the country. He is a genuine football fan (not a make-believe one like Blair or Cameron) and he speaks a lot of sense.

He is one of the candidates for the Labour Party leadership and he is the one for whom I will be voting. Sadly, he stands little chance of winning because he talks too much common sense! :(

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 am

I'd already posted this earlier and have to agree with the comments. A lot of the failing's coming from money, however having thought a little more why has andy come out with these comments now. Was it not in his remit a few years ago to sort something out with the premiership.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:06 am

Rich Evans wrote:I'd already posted this earlier and have to agree with the comments. A lot of the failing's coming from money, however having thought a little more why has andy come out with these comments now. Was it not in his remit a few years ago to sort something out with the premiership.

Yes, but back then he had to do something*, now he can just moan.

*of course, he had no power to do so against a multi-billion pound industry :wink:

Return to England Highs & Lows