Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

The Spanish

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
latviancheese
Site Addict

The Spanish

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 pm

I dont care how good they are, nothing but a bunch of cheating nancy boys. Never in my life have i seen a team that sets out to cheat so much.

Pee off, you don't belong in football.

When are FIFA going to start punishing players for dives/play acting? Disgraceful.

I cant be arsed with the WC anymore, its a farce.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Re: The Spanish

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:33 am

They're not that brilliant. They will get found out. Noncahlant as a whole in the final 3rd, weak done the left.

They're not the team of two years ago and should stop playing 2 upfront.

They will get found out.

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 am

saddlersam wrote:They're not that brilliant. They will get found out. Noncahlant as a whole in the final 3rd, weak done the left.

They're not the team of two years ago and should stop playing 2 upfront.

They will get found out.

Didn't think they were much cop last night.

Brazil will win it.

Biggles
UTS Veteran

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:57 am

What was the red card for? In the replay I couldn't see any contact. Had volume down low doing other things. Looked like blatant cheating by the defender but then there might have been an off the ball incident.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 am

The thing that grates me is he was about to get up then saw the ref charging over, then he went back down and rolled around some more.

They can teach them all to be great players, but they have no class.

Can't wait for them to get stuffed.

King Monkey
UTS Veteran

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:00 pm

latviancheese wrote:The thing that grates me is he was about to get up then saw the ref charging over, then he went back down and rolled around some more.

They can teach them all to be great players, but they have no class.

Can't wait for them to get stuffed.

I haven't seen it but can imagine. For a Player with class, there is only one that stands out for me. Lionel Messi.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm

Biggles wrote:What was the red card for? In the replay I couldn't see any contact. Had volume down low doing other things. Looked like blatant cheating by the defender but then there might have been an off the ball incident.

Apparently an elbow to the face before the ball came near them. Slightest contact, but Capdevila was mugging for all he was worth to get Costa at least booked. The ref was completely conned by the overacting.

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:58 pm

I Like Spain , Villa is outstanding its a real shames Torres is so out of touch.

But the cheating against Portugal was disgraceful . with video play back its not to late for FIFA to act .

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Duke wrote:I Like Spain , Villa is outstanding its a real shames Torres is so out of touch.

But the cheating against Portugal was disgraceful . with video play back its not to late for FIFA to act .

Agree this kind of thing should be dealt with using video evidence after the game but can you see FIFA doing anything about it? They'll use the copout of saying the ref dealt with the incident when he booked the player for a foul so they can't get involved. Either that or they'll say it was a foul anyway so even if the player over-reacted it doesn't matter.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:05 pm

As if they will do anything to Spain. For a start they are not English.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:49 am

Exile wrote:
Biggles wrote:What was the red card for? In the replay I couldn't see any contact. Had volume down low doing other things. Looked like blatant cheating by the defender but then there might have been an off the ball incident.

Apparently an elbow to the face before the ball came near them. Slightest contact, but Capdevila was mugging for all he was worth to get Costa at least booked. The ref was completely conned by the overacting.

Conned by the overacting yes, but regardless of whether there is contact or not Costa lifted his elbow with intent, you can see that without doubt from one of the angles. The other couple were not clear enough. One angle DID however show him move round, look at his opponent and swing an elbow. Red card.

Retrospective action against that complete cart Capdevilla (who's a pretty poor player anyway) for his rolling around and gobbing off but nothing but a red card against the stupid Costa is correct also.

Return to England Highs & Lows