Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Is it over for you.

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Duke
Site Addict

Is it over for you.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:25 pm

We're out have you lost interest in the world cup , will you watch any more games of cheer another nation .

I'll carry on watching and will be cheering for Ghana

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Re: Is it over for you.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Duke wrote:We're out have you lost interest in the world cup , will you watch any more games of cheer another nation .

I'll carry on watching and will be cheering for Ghana

I'll still be watching it because it's the World Cup. It'll probably be the Premier League I'll be dumping bar the odd highlight show.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:28 pm

I'll be watching the lot, apart from the remaining 'Round of 16' matches on Monday and Tuesday when I'm at work. Above all, I'm a football fan, and at least I can enjoy it now that England's pathetic attempts to resemble an international football team are over.
Last edited by BathSaddler on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Supporting Uruguay still, but obviously ain't the same.

Like FBIG said, won't be bothering with the Prem, it's the huge cancer which is destroying English football.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 pm

I'll be watching it religiously again, otherwise I'll have to start talking to the Missus again. :lol:

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Stu wrote:I'll be watching it religiously again, otherwise I'll have to start talking to the Missus again. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Is it over for you.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Looking forward to watching the rest of the World Cup. Already arranged to go out next Sarurday to watch Argies vs Germany.

TimWilkes
Glitterati

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Yup. Already loving it. Argentina v Mexico excellent....goals, controversy, touch line fight at half time :D
Germany have done us a favour.....if Argentina can do a good team like Mexico as easily as this, imagine
how many they'd score against us :(
Go on The Dutch.....

[also, looking forward to seeing Ronaldo cry].
Last edited by TimWilkes on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:57 pm

TimWilkes wrote:Yup. Aleady loving it. Argentian v Mexico excellent....goals, controversy, touch line fight at hals time :D
Germany have done us a favour.....if Argentina can do a good team like Mexico as easily as this, imagine
how many they's score against us :(
Go on The Dutch.....

Fantastic third goal by Tevez goal of the world cup so far

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:44 pm

TimWilkes wrote:

or sent off for diving'.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Germany are always my next choice. I never get popular responses to this, but I don't live for popularity. :mrgreen:

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Im supporting everyone but the Argies.

Percie
Glitterati

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:05 pm

I'll be cheering for Holland, they hate people who tell them what to do in their own country and have legal prostitution. A model nation.

Come on the Dutch!

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 pm

I shall be supporting Germany,
not a bunch of bottling Scunthorpe like England!!!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Percie wrote:I'll be cheering for Holland, they hate people who tell them what to do in their own country and have legal prostitution. A model nation.

Come on the Dutch!

:mrgreen: :lol:

Stu
UTS Legend

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:45 am

Percie wrote:I'll be cheering for Holland, they hate people who tell them what to do in their own country and have legal prostitution. A model nation.

Come on the Dutch!

I'm with you on that, but for me its because I've got a 16/1 wager on them winning it, would have been better had RVP found his shooting boots as I'd got 28/1 on a Dutch win & RVP top scorer.

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm supporting Uruguay, Holland & Portugal :D

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Holland because of my sweepstake. Not really that fussed who wins it though although I'm glad both the French and the Yanks got no further than us.

It's certainly not over though, I'm a football nut so any game is a god game to me and tonight it's flippin' Brazil vs. Chile. Off down the bookies after work.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Doubt I'll watch another game, and to be honest, I'm not that fussed if I watch another football match at all any time in the near future. I'm just so peed off with football right now. What's the point.
Stick to spending time with the family, and pursuing my other hobby poker. Least I get something back for what I put in to that.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:02 pm

I just feel annoyed watching it, the tournament has been great to watch but the standard of the teams is pretty drab mostly. We could of won it.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:Doubt I'll watch another game, and to be honest, I'm not that fussed if I watch another football match at all any time in the near future. I'm just so peed off with football right now. What's the point.
Stick to spending time with the family, and pursuing my other hobby poker. Least I get something back for what I put in to that.

You mean the last few seasons of sincilating, free-flowing, attacking football backed up by a passionate party atmosphere from the Bonksss'ss's crowd hasn't kept your interest? There is no hope for you.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:24 pm

tinned wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:Doubt I'll watch another game, and to be honest, I'm not that fussed if I watch another football match at all any time in the near future. I'm just so peed off with football right now. What's the point.

You mean the last few seasons of sincilating, free-flowing, attacking football backed up by a passionate party atmosphere from the Bonksss'ss's crowd hasn't kept your interest? There is no hope for you.

I'll still go down next season when I can I guess. It's nothing to do with Bonser, Hutchings, Dancing Kev,or because they don't sell chips.
Football becomes less appealing by the day to be honest. I never watch Match of the Day or any other football highlight show now, at one time if there was two tramps kicking a ball up the wall on tv I would be watching it.

Over priced, and a game that they are making in to a non contact sport for nancy boys. Or maybe I have just found there are more important things in life.

tinned
Site Addict

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

I'll still go down next season when I can I guess. It's nothing to do with Bonser, Hutchings, Dancing Kev,or because they don't sell chips.
Football becomes less appealing by the day to be honest. I never watch Match of the Day or any other football highlight show now, at one time if there was two tramps kicking a ball up the wall on tv I would be watching it.

Over priced, and a game that they are making in to a non contact sport for nancy boys. Or maybe I have just found there are more important things in life.

I'm basically with you mate (apart from the Bonser thing is more of an issue for me). Can't say I'm particulalrly missing the Walsall games, I'm enjoying the summer too much.

Even the England defeat hurts much less than it used to (1990 it was like the end of te world to me).

TimWilkes
Glitterati

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 am

I see the Bag Lady on ITV [not even their hopeless coverage could spoil Brazil v Chile last night] was whinging that
'nobody has apologised' for Englands exit. Is he six years old? :evil: I know he's on ITV, but he's not on bleedin' GMTV just yet :evil:

I was going to say I felt sorry for those people who had spent a lot of money.....but really, why not just accept that we are pants, get over it, enjoy the ruddy football and the country and the holiday. There are some people in the papers today who have tickets for Germany v Argentina [because they thought it would be Englands next match] and they aren't bothering to go......frankly, this beggars belief.

saddlersam
UTS Legend

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 am

TimWilkes wrote:I see the Bag Lady on ITV [not even their hopeless coverage could spoil Brazil v Chile last night] was whinging that
'nobody has apologised' for Englands exit. Is he six years old? :evil: I know he's on ITV, but he's not on bleedin' GMTV just yet :evil:

I was going to say I felt sorry for those people who had spent a lot of money.....but really, why not just accept that we are pants, get over it, enjoy the ruddy football and the country and the holiday. There are some people in the papers today who have tickets for Germany v Argentina [because they thought it would be Englands next match] and they aren't bothering to go......frankly, this beggars belief.

Exactly. I'll be at Euro 2012 should we qualify, I'll be in Bulgaria and Montenegro for the away games too but i accept there's every chance we may not win or even play well. THAT IS FOOTBALL.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:11 pm

tinned wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:
tinned wrote:

I'm basically with you mate (apart from the Bonser thing is more of an issue for me). Can't say I'm particulalrly missing the Walsall games, I'm enjoying the summer too much.

Even the England defeat hurts much less than it used to (1990 it was like the end of te world to me).

Yep me too, and my Dad, but my god were we proud.

Return to England Highs & Lows