Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Sack the Swede, sack the Swede, sack the Swede

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
tinned
Site Addict

Sack the Swede, sack the Swede, sack the Swede

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:46 pm

Absolutely fudge fuming. If that prat doesn't resign tonight he should be sacked first thing tomorrow morning.

Square pegs in round holes, totally unmotivated and confused players, total inabilty to change things once the match is underway, constant reliance on favoured players no matter how much they are under-performing.

Can anyone give me any reasons why this prat should stay ?

On paper we've got one of our best squads for years, with probably our best chance of winning a mjor tournament in years. Yet this useless, cluless prat is wasting this golden oppurtunity.

SVEN OUT NOW !

Ace

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Agreed. Get someone English and passionate in!

CSFC

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:49 pm

I hear he's going to talk to Plymouth later this week.

What an absolute pile of cack we were tonight. But also, what a superb performance from Northern Ireland.

Shad

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:52 pm

I still can't believe that we have lost to Northern Ireland- fair play to them though they did perform. He's got the formation completely wrong these last two games and he was lucky in Cardiff. I've never liked him as manager and would always prefer an English manger in.........Alan Curbishly

Dave Gittins
Glitterati

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:54 pm

The sad thing is that it isn't even a total surprise. The performances have been getting steadily worse culminating in this shambles tonight.

The squad we have has got the potential to be worldbeaters but without strong leadership and sound tactics then we haven't got a b****y chance.

McNugget

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:54 pm

The Northern Ireland performance reminds me of Greeces Euro triumph. Stifle the attack and try and get a lucky break. It has worked against better teams than us.

But there is also a distinct lack of motivation.

Scooby
UTS Regular

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:55 pm

Northern Ireland are 115th in the world-100k a week most of our players-bout 800 a week for the Irish-SACK THE SWEDISH CLOWN!

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:59 pm

only one player in the n.ireland team has ever won anythin, gillespie, and there whole team adds up to £3million, ours adds up to £110million+

kevin
UTS Legend

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:05 pm

Most dangerous looking player Sean Wright Philips fetched off.
Most inefectual player for years, Hargreaves, on.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:06 pm

Sam Allardyce for me. The squad of players we have has the quality to beat anybody, they just need the belief and motivation to do so. Big Sam can do that better than anyone.

He can also use his good tactical knowledge and the computer techniques he uses to analyse the opposition and his own players to good effect like he has done with Bolton which has taken them from a 1st Division side to one competing equally with the best teams in the country.

Jemina Puddleduck

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:07 pm

SACK THE SWEDE!
Can't have that midfield five! Rooney/owen no service.
Took the only winger off about 50 minutes.
NO PASSION!

Well done the N. Irish! Pissed on us!

Cannock
UTS Regular

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:07 pm

Top call Magic.

Stonnall_Saddler

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:12 pm

He's gotta go, what the hell is he thinking playing rooney left wing when he's our best player!!!!

Sack The Swede

zlaty bazant

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:16 pm

Beckham looked at the bench and was baffled when hargreaves came on owen was unfit and rooney was totaly isolated on the left sack that stupid swede and bring in alladyce and peter tayor ASAP

WFC4Eva

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:28 pm

I agree, Eriksson must go now before he embarrases us even further. If he stays I don't think we will qualify because the Poles will come to Old Trafford and do exactly what northern ireland have done to us tonight.

ERIKSSON OUT NOW!!!!

Cannock
UTS Regular

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:29 pm

You're right about Rooney Stonnall.

What an absolute farce that was tonight.

He's got to go without a shadow of doubt.

Stonnall_Saddler

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:29 pm

I would rather have merson in charge of england than that stupid swede, no passion for England at all just waiting for that big cheque at the end of the year.

SWEN OUT

Cannock
UTS Regular

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:30 pm

Wouldn't go that far though mate :lol:

Ric Flair

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:34 pm

Martin O'Neil he'll get the passion back

Owen Hargreaves what a great player :D

WFC4Eva

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:37 pm

We definatly need someone who can get the passion and pride back into the team. Players playing for their country should all be playing with pride and passion as I no I like many other posters on here would if given half the chance.

Get Stuart Pearce involved in the coaching set-up perhaps number 2 and get rid of Steve McLaren as he looked clueless just like Sven tonight.

Ric Flair

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:41 pm

Pearce,Butcher,Robson they had passion put them on the bench they would get the team going

tinned
Site Addict

Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:48 pm

The only passion Erikkson shows is when he's pulling down the skirt of his latest bit of fluff.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:07 pm

I said after the Denmark match he should go. And what did I get?
Manchester Saddler "I disagree - I think he should stay in charge. Bear in mind, it is the beginning of the season and Emgland are notoriously crap at this time. There were lots of positives last season. I would say this is a freak result. "
andy_vh "geez little over reaction me thinks, its a friendly"
saddlerken "I will judge Sven on qualifiers, so far so good"

WELL LADS, what happened tonight?

I will tell you what.
The bloke in charge of England, who earns over 5 million pound a year has not got a clue! He has no plan B, and no idea whatsoever.
If your team try to pass the ball, it helps if it goes forward, not sideways and backwards.
Your captain, selected by your manager, must have something about him to get the lads going on the pitch and dig deep when things are not going our way. Beckham could not get the best out of anyone, he is useless. Give the captaincy to John Terry when he is back.

You want England to win World Cup folks? Luiz Felipe Scolari.
Get him in NOW.

Burnside
UTS Regular

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:08 pm

Ric Flair wrote:Martin O'Neil he'll get the passion back

Rik. I frequantly find us sharing the same opinions on football matters. Can i take this opportunity to commend you on your excellent opinion.

O'Neil indeed.

I think Sven needs to go. The question is is this the right time? 2 games to go? 7 or 8 months to the WC? Teams go stale. We've gone stale.

Lets all chip in ofr his pay off

Ric Flair

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:09 pm

Have to say he must go Sheffield

WOOOOOOOOOOO

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:13 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:If your team try to pass the ball, it helps if it goes forward, not sideways and backwards.

I'm surprised you say that seeing as you were Colin Lee's biggest fan. You couldn't have hoped to see any more sideways or backwards passes under Lee. He even signed Vinny Sideways! :wink:

Otherwise spot on Sheff.

Moody Saddler

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:19 pm

Tonight my fellow saddlers supporters i'm a shamed at being a England fan.

The STUPID Sweed as changed his formation twice in two matches. I mean does anyone understand what kind of formation he played tonight. Was it 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-2-1.

I wouldn't have played Owen due to the fact that he's not match fit, i would have started Defoe and played a 4-4-2. It's not brain science Mr Ericsson.

:oops: :( :oops: :(

VanZant

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:20 pm

I don't like Hargreaves - couldn't trap a barn door, but at least he ran and worked - unlike Gerrard and Lampard. Thought Beckham did OK, but it's the formation that's crap. You can't play Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard and Wright Phillips together. Sven has to be big enought to drop 1 of them (and not Wright Phillips). I bet Newcastle fans were really impresed with Owen - not! He can not play up front on his own - Leitao has more clue as a lone striker (at least he works!). All in all you messed up Sven - please don't wait - just leave now.

As for a replacement - Big Sam couldn't do it as he can only use players of 1 nationality. McLaren bores us with Boro, Curbishley possibly, Pearce?, I nominate Merse and Staunton double act.

wfc on his way home

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:29 pm

What can I say, i was at the a game tonight and I am absolutely gutted.Waste of time and money.

Why play 4-5-1 against a team that are 115th in the world?
Why take off Lampard (attacking player) and replace him with Hargreaves (biggest pile of crap england have produced)?
Why did Rooney play left wing?
Why wasnt rooney taken off after 45 mins when he lost his rag?
Why didnt sven hear our chants and resign straight after the game?

All credit must go to Northern Ireland players,manager and fans. The fans made me feel welcome and wasnt too passionate after the game I even got a few drinks off them.

SVEN OUT! We hated turnip Taylor but i hate Swede Sven!

Talk more tomorrow when I get home.

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:56 am

Sheff's reference to Scolari identifies the next problem - who would replace Eriksson? It would seem that most fans now want an English manager but the problem is that being England manager is totally unlike being a club manager.

Allardyce would be the fans' choice but the bookies favourite would be McLaren. Could I throw another possible candidate's name into the debate? Terry Butcher who has done a sterling job at Motherwell and he has passion for England. It may be a bit too soon for Stuart Pearce, though.

Next
Return to England Highs & Lows