Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Sack the Swede, sack the Swede, sack the Swede

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:43 pm

Becks was doing his best to try and calm Rooney down but when we had a goalkick and Rooney was near the bench it was left to McLaren to have a word with him. It should have been Sven giving him a bollocking, but he can't do that but thats the only thing some players respond to.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:26 pm

john mullins wrote:
Dave Roe wrote:
KJC wrote:
Shabba wrote:Could you please tell me how he bottled the last two championships?????????????????????//

By adopting negative tactics at a time when our momentum and all our strengths lied in our attacking prowess.

Exactly. When it comes to the big, crunch games he hasn't got the bottle or tactical know-how to see us through, and this transfers itself to the players who become nervous and edgy.

This kind of performance and result has been on the cards for sometime now. Let's find a replacement that can give our squad back it's self belief and we may have a chance next summer. With him still in charge we're bound for a "near but no cigar" tournament.
Plus he can't control his own players. What was that inbred retard Rooney doing at the end of the first half and why wasn't he substituted? The most effective player was brought off in the second half and that mentally subnormal fool continued to play on. We'd be better off with Julian Clary as manager. All Sven does is mince around in the dugout with no bottle to deal with the rogue elements in the team.
And what is his justification for playing 4-5-1 on such a narrow pitch? I couldn't pull someone out of the Dorothy Pattison hospital who would have made a worse tactical decision.

I think that's very harsh on Rooney and totally uncalled for. Sure the red mist descended but the lad is young and will learn. He wasn't substituted because (a) it was close to half time, (b) Beckham had a word with him (c) Taking him off would have ruined any chance we had because Owen was largely ineffectual. Rooney, for me, personified what I was feeling - total frustration at the fact that we were playing cack and most players didn't feel comfortable where they were playing. To call him mentally subnormal is out of order. He is a fantastic talent and will be a superstar in years to come. The red mist descened on him just as obviously as it did when you worte that post!!!!

ucow

Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:23 am

rooney reminds me a lot of a young gazza or george best as he could quite easily be a genius or a complete wash out! lets hope that fergey can keep him on the right path and that he grows out of the temper tantrums that threaten to undermine him

Previous
Return to England Highs & Lows