Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Germany v England

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
dornansog
UTS Veteran

Re: Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:59 pm

latviancheese wrote:Look athem, just look at em, none of them are on the floor. None of them are crying. No passion, they are limp dicks, they should NEVER wear the shirt again.

They dont need to wear the shirt.
I know its a cliche but they are too comfortable in their cushioned lives to muster up the required passion.

Oh they can talk about how much it all means but I don't think they know what "IT" is anymore.

Graydon48
Glitterati

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:00 pm

latviancheese wrote:Look athem, just look at em, none of them are on the floor. None of them are crying. No passion, they are limp dicks, they should NEVER wear the shirt again.

You drop to the floor when you have given your all and feel devistated to have lost.
You amble off not looking to bothered when you have played so badly you have gone past caring, thats if you cared at all in the first place.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Like fudge they cared. They can concentrate on playing for the top 4 scumbags.

Glen Johnson is sooooooooooooo bad its untrue.

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Not wishing to kick a fat scouse gippo dog when he is down, but, has Rooney managed to control the ball once in the four games he has played? He just looks like someone who has never played the game before.

He wouldnt get into ANY of the squads in this World Cup on that form.

The worst thing is we would have all picked the same squad ,give or take one or two (yes Wright-Phillips i do mean you)

We made France look commited to the cause.

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Well at least we can put to bed this golden generation business.

Capello's management has gone completely off the rails. He'll still have the job for the next euro's, I doubt we can afford to pay off his bostin new contract yet. The back two today, what on earth has happened to them? Johnson, why is here at the finals? he's not international class yet at all, he's a liability in this side. Bring Heskey on when we are chasing the game? master stroke!!!!!!!

Joe Cole, again, please inform what exactly he contributed to the proceedings? . Barry, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney can feck right off, all four of you have been absolutely shocking these finals. You know what, I'm going to support Germany for the rest of finals, they play with good technique,use their strengths and look committed. England, have a look in the mirror..

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:31 pm

BathSaddler wrote:As the game gets closer, I really think we can do this.

And I have'nt even had a drink yet.

1-0 England.

I've had a few drinks now.

Why oh why do we always expect things to be different?

boringteacher
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:32 pm

postman pat needs to be impaled on a sharpened bamboo stake up his rectum, with terry placed on top with it through his bollocks followed by Rooney with what qualifies for his brains.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:56 pm

It now would seem that Dizzie Rascal was perfect for the England World Cup anthem. All bling and hype, obvious, over-rated, one-dimensional, and ultimately irrelevant.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:57 pm

And you know what gets me, come August, tens of thousands of fans will pay over the odds to watch the pingball Premiership. Our players simply cannot adapt to the International stage and are outrageously overpaid.

But then, lets throw up our hands, and say thats the will of the 'free market'.

Nothing will change, because the clubs don't want it to, and the very same players on that pitch today will continue to pick up those very same obscene amounts.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:00 pm

King Crimson wrote:It now would seem that Dizzie Rascal was perfect for the England World Cup anthem. All bling and hype, obvious, over-rated, one-dimensional, and ultimately irrelevant.

Tens of thousands of festival goers disagree with you. But thats another argument :mrgreen:

PT
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:01 pm

I keep hearing about these great Premiership players. Is the Premiership that good? It's certainly not very competative with at least 7 clubs every year aiming for 4th bottom and only 2 or 3 having a realistic chance of winning it.

The FA have formed a league competition built on greed and ego and therefore have the national team they deserve.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:01 pm

PT wrote:I keep hearing about these great Premiership players. Is the Premiership that good? It's certainly not very competative with at least 7 clubs every year aiming for 4th bottom and only 2 or 3 having a realistic chance of winning it.

The FA have formed a league competition built on greed and ego and therefore have the national team they deserve.

To me a interesting league to watch is competetive, the english league certainly isnt.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Oh, and when it comes to rigid 4-4-2, Gary Lineker was so right, Fabio.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:04 pm

I dont understand why he didnt do anything about it at half time?

Ozil was clearly running rings round everyone.

5 man midfield always over powers the 4 4 fudge 2!

PT
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:06 pm

latviancheese wrote:
PT wrote:I keep hearing about these great Premiership players. Is the Premiership that good? It's certainly not very competative with at least 7 clubs every year aiming for 4th bottom and only 2 or 3 having a realistic chance of winning it.

To me a interesting league to watch is competetive, the english league certainly isnt.

It's rubbish isn't it? With billions of pounds they've finally caught up with the great competition that is the Scottish Premier League. It should be no surprise that if we're following the Scottish blueprint for success that the national team will follow down the same path.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:07 pm

latviancheese wrote:I dont understand why he didnt do anything about it at half time?

Ozil was clearly running rings round everyone.

5 man midfield always over powers the 4 4 jolly well 2!

I hate to say I told you so... Try about 30 posts back. :-(

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm glad Rio Ferdinand was out... We didn't really miss him, did we?

What a bunch of pricks - would've had more luck with Silverdale under 11s.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Totally gutted and feel let down ,waste off time blaming individuals questions must be asked why these players can perform in the premiership and champions league,
yet time and time again fail in the big tournaments.

Yes you could argue this disallowed goal going in 2-2 at half time we may have seen a different second period , on the other hand we could have gone in 3 or 4 down.
beaten on the day by a better side and that hurts .

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Germany were great on the break, but mainly because we made them look superb. Theyre defence is crap and will be picked apart by a decent team, a bit like they did to us.

Zaddler
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:48 pm

I hope they get torn apart by the press, I hope they get boo'd at every game next season and I hope the majority never play for England again. I was sick to death with hearing about the 'next game', when miraculously it was all going to come together and they were going to show us what they were capable of, make the nation pround blah blah blah.

I dont care how great they looked in training, they were abysmal, 3 goals scored, 5 conceded and a paltry win over the mighty Slovenia. Oh and Mr W.Rooney, you arrogant, hand on hip posturing, over paid, under achieving excuse of a 'player' I hope you take a long hard look at yourself and accept you are not as good as you think you are.

All of them will be off to sun themselves at exclusive locations around the World and it will all be a distant memory when they return to the Premiership (David James excluded) to collect their £100k/week wages when all of a sudden they will collectively remember how to play football again. Meanwhile the rest of the country will still be suffering the effects of the national debt and looking forward to the VAT hike. They had a great chance to give the nation a lift and they ballsed it up big time, I didn't think they would win it but I thought they would at least have the decency to go out fighting.

Up the Saddlers

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

latviancheese wrote:Germany were great on the break, but mainly because we made them look superb. Theyre defence is crud and will be picked apart by a decent team, a bit like they did to us.

Too true.

Our defence were pathetic. Where Terry was for the first two goals is beyond me. Anyone would think he was playing in midfield!

Pedro
UTS Legend

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:20 pm

It's time to get rid of the old and get new young fresh faces in. It needs to start now for our Euro 2012 games. The likes of James,Carragher,Lampard,Heskey need to be moved a side. We need a team who can play together, not a team of super starsvwho cannot play together.

Least we never lost on pens.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Cor stand footballers

Had enough of the england football team, look what the premier league has done

Horrible 'top' football

Winners [post moderated. As if you couldn't tell - mod]

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:50 pm

If the German defence is as bad as many make out the Argies will hammer them in the quarters.

Just seen Tevez score the goal of the tournament .

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Disgusted by that capitulation. The stats say England ran it close, but that wasn't the case at all. Demolished by a better-drilled unit. Even worse, a better-drilled team from Europe, where we ran rampant in qualifying.

Blame?

Three ways, as I see it.

1 - Capello - too rigid and found wanting in a long-haul tournament. When he has his charges for only a week or so at a time they seemed to accept his leadership, but his authoritarian style in South Africa where he had control over them for a much longer period exposed him.

2 - Players - hate to say this about an England team, but they looked as though they didn't want it enough. If it doesn't mean anything to them, why were they there? So they could write about it in their autobiographies after, and blame someone else, whilst singing their own (ghost-written) praises?

3 - The FA - more than anything. They sowed the seeds of this debacle over ten years ago with the new Wembley project that sucked up every lsat penny in the coffers and damned the establishment of proper training facilities and youth development programmes. Unless they grow up and get professional England are doomed to forever repeat this inadequate pap with ever-increasing frequency.

tinned
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Somebody up above got it spot on, the Premier League is nothing but a fast paced game of pinball. It whizzes around so fast that the players don't need to be able to put their foot on it and control it. How many England players lost possession with crap control or a mis-placed pass? Compare that to the "young, inexperienced" Germans.

WE ARE PATHETIC.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:19 pm

UURRRGGGGHHH

What can you say?

Just not good enough, we dont deserve to be still in the competition cos we were frankly awful.

A real shame because I really believed Fabio was taking us somewhere, I really did. I blame the players, I really hope its they that gets the hammering in the press in the following days.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Pedro wrote:It's time to get rid of the old and get new young fresh faces in. It needs to start now for our Euro 2012 games. The likes of James,Carragher,Lampard,Heskey need to be moved a side. We need a team who can play together, not a team of super starsvwho cannot play together.

Agree with that, we now need to build a new side.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Pedro wrote:It's time to get rid of the old and get new young fresh faces in. It needs to start now for our Euro 2012 games. The likes of James,Carragher,Lampard,Heskey need to be moved a side. We need a team who can play together, not a team of super starsvwho cannot play together.

How the Hell can you get rid of Heskey?

Rooney needs him to score.

:roll:

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:38 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Agree with that, we now need to build a new side.

2nd round is now almost successful by our standards, we are a second class footballing nation.

PreviousNext
Return to England Highs & Lows