Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Germany v England

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Re: Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Stu wrote:Jesus, talk about Sunday morning defending... God knows where Terry was and Upson was lightweight at best.

Split open by a 70 yard punt ffs.

What was Beckenbauer saying about kick and rush?
I laughed at Upsons pathetic header that went in.

The disallowed goal was a disgrace but I think the linesman was fooled by the keeper catching the bouncing ball and throwing it out like it hadn't gone over.

Saying that though if we go out because of that I'm going to be well pissed off.
The Germans will probably say it's karma for 66 but it doesn't compare. The ball was 2ft over the line at least.

RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 pm

I am still lost for words at that decision! Absolutley disgraceful officiating, and Sepp Blatter - DO ONE!

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Rob_Walsall wrote:I am still lost for words at that decision! Absolutley disgraceful officiating, and Sepp Blatter - DO ONE!

Lost for words is about the strength of it. Basic common sense says it was over the line. The ball hit the underside of the bar TWICE. The second time on bouncing up and on its way out. Now if it hit the bar on the bounce coming out, as I said, common sense must say it had to have been behind the line even if you have not seen it. Eleven Plus geometery says that :evil:

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 pm

How many fouls has their number 3 committed since getting a yellow this half??

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Bugger 1-3. Thats curtains I think :evil:

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Quite clearly not our day... The goal that was never given, Lampard's cross bar and then we get caught on the counter...

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Stu wrote:Quite clearly not our day... The goal that was never given, Lampard's cross bar and then we get caught on the counter...

...twice. :twisted:

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:27 pm

4-1

This hurts.

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Flippin heck, can this defending get any worse.Barry this time

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:28 pm

And then we bring on a guy who can't score a goal. That will help us at 4-1!!

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Jeremy Busby wrote:Flippin heck, can this defending get any worse.Barry this time

To me, Barry has not looked fit enough in the games he has played. We waited for him so we could play him, but he was never going to be match fit after being out injured.

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:31 pm

The manager said that Rooney had been red hot in training yesterday. I think he meant on the evidence of this game that the defending had been stone cold

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:31 pm

We just don't have enough pace in the team. If we wanted to expose their back line we should have brought on lennon or wright-phillips instead of heskey.

We need to strip this ageing legless team apart and build it around a few players ahead of 2012. Some of the golden generation may well have had their last tournament for England.

:cry:

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm

We are an international laughing stock. Shown up for the bunch of inept tossers that they are. is Gerrard untouchable? Why is he still on the pitch when Milner was at least putting crosses in. I'm ashamed of them.

Its not our fault though is it. We can blame Sepp Blatter. :roll:

What a waste of time that was practising penalties.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm

I am fudge ashamed.

Upson, Terry, Rooney. They should never fudge put on a shirt again. cack. fudge off back to your club teams and retire from international football.

Over reaction I dont care, we are disgraceful. North Korea play with more style, and grit than us.

Sod the goal that never was, we have played utter cack. They can all go off on their fudge holidays and sun themselves now. fudge off and dont come fudge back you pricks.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Jeremy Busby wrote:The manager said that Rooney had been red hot in training yesterday. I think he meant on the evidence of this game that the defending had been stone cold

Yeah, crazy isn't it. He's been poor again today and looked out of touch. Whether it is the pressure of expectation or not, he has had a poor tournament.

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:We just don't have enough pace in the team. If we wanted to expose their back line we should have brought on lennon or wright-phillips instead of heskey.

We need to strip this ageing legless team apart and build it around a few players ahead of 2012. Some of the golden generation may well have had their last tournament for England.

:cry:

Wright Phillips? Come on, things are bad but they're not that bad

latviancheese
Site Addict

Capello is a stubborn italian twerp. Get an English manager in who plays a fudge English style. Its not rocket science.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Germany v England

dornansog wrote:We are an international laughing stock. Shown up for the bunch of inept tossers that they are. is Gerrard untouchable? Why is he still on the pitch when Milner was at least putting crosses in. I'm ashamed of them.

Newsflash: a right footed central midfielder won't whip in world class crosses from the left against organised defences. Ever.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:37 pm

King Crimson wrote:
dornansog wrote:We are an international laughing stock. Shown up for the bunch of inept tossers that they are. is Gerrard untouchable? Why is he still on the pitch when Milner was at least putting crosses in. I'm ashamed of them.

Newsflash: a right footed central midfielder won't whip in world class crosses from the left against organised defences. Ever.

They can, if they are wingers in the first place. Gerrard is not a winger in a million years.

How the fudge did he take Milner off, our most dangerous player, and replace him with Joe Pussyboy Cole? Ridiculous.

Capello is a dickhead.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:38 pm

King Crimson wrote:

Exactly.

Gerrard had his best game when he played in the middle against USA. But we were so desperate to get barry back that we crow barred him in. Because of this crazy notion that we have to play a certain list of players than the best team or shape that suits us, we hold back our chances of being truly successful. It's probably a lesson we won't learn though.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:39 pm

latviancheese wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

They can, if they are wingers in the first place. Gerrard is not a winger in a million years.

Exactly.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Shaun Wright Phillips, the man who cant get in MAn Cities team, oh i bet they are pissing their pants.

fudge the premier league off, its ruined our football.

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 pm

King Crimson wrote:

Newsflash to you too :wink:

Gerrard has cut inside and had at least 3 shots that my long dead cat could have saved (if "Super Stevie G" had got them all on target) thats nothing to do with where the manager is playing him. Thats just rank bad play from another of our "World class players"

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Have a good look at tghe New Zealand defence. We did (and I dont often say we about NZ) defended as a well drilled unit. Easy to say that key players were missing but you are only as good as your reserves I was always taught as a kid

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Where is the wide play? The English fast paced wwingers?

Playing a shitty possesion style with players who play fast paced football every week? Its not rocket science. Capello is just a stubborn idiot, who should now not come anywhere near english football.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Germany v England

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Time to think the unthinkable, and drop the un-droppable. Bin the failures, blood the hungry.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:48 pm

First things, Bin the manager, Postman Pat.

dornansog
UTS Veteran

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Our fast paced wingers Lennon and Wright-Phillips have shown they cant be relied upon to get a cross into the box. Its nothing to do with pace,it's about technique, neither of which those two have. Ask David Beckham.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Look athem, just look at em, none of them are on the floor. None of them are crying. No passion, they are limp dicks, they should NEVER wear the shirt again.

PreviousNext
Return to England Highs & Lows