Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Looking like its Germany on Sunday!

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
RobboH89
Glitterati

Location: Waiting for confirmation of League 1 Survival! Bring It On!

Looking like its Germany on Sunday!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Looks like we will be playing Germany, barring a turnaround in their game.

Feelings?

I'm glad, i think we will cane them. Just have a feeling!

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Looking like its Germany on Sunday!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:22 pm

It's Germany.

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Bring it on.

Can't help but feel a little sorry for the Aussies

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Duke wrote:Bring it on.

Never! As the souvenir T-shirts over here say: "I support New Zealand....and anyone playing Australia" :mrgreen:

Stu
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Duke wrote:Bring it on.

Never ever will I feel sorry for the Aussies... It has been a great sporting week.

England quality, the French and Aussies fail.
We beat the Aussies at Rugby on their own patch and then we beat them in the first ODI, to go with the T20 World Cup.

bangsection
Site Addict

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Imperative to beat Germany if only to shut "Der Kaiser" up - he's been spouting off again today.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... and-stupid

A lot of Germans I know reckon that England's obsession with "the Hun" is a one way street. Looks like Franz is on a one-man mission to rectify that!

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 pm

bangsection wrote:Imperative to beat Germany if only to shut "Der Kaiser" up - he's been spouting off again today.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... and-stupid

A lot of Germans I know reckon that England's obsession with "the Hun" is a one way street. Looks like Franz is on a one-man mission to rectify that!

You have to laugh at some of the digs, talk about childish." And after all, England have been waiting since 1966 for a title." Really, we hadn't noticed. Remind me to write that one down for future reference.

Dynamo Zuffle
UTS Legend

Location: In the white room with black curtains near the station.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:18 pm

I hope we stuff them words down his face on Sunday.

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Post his comments on the dressing room door and see what reaction the players have to them.

motty
UTS Legend

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Young_Tong wrote:Post his comments on the dressing room door and see what reaction the players have to them.

Agreed i cannot wait.

I dont even care how far we get aslong as we beat the Germans i would be soooooo happy.Biggest England game in the past decade.

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:20 pm

caught_u_red_handed wrote:Biggest England game in the past decade.

Not sure I'd agree with that.
Whilst the Germans (and to some extent the Argies) have been the traditional nemesis of England we haven't played them that much in the last decade.

The German game is an obstacle, but a win will only take us to the same level we've achieved 2 times this already this decade.

If we manage to get as far as the semis and face Portugal that will be the biggest England game of the decade.
A side that embarrassed us in Euro 2000 and dumped us out of 2 major tournaments (2004 & 2006) facing an England side on the verge of their first WC Final for 44 years!

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:07 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:

Whilst the Germans (and to some extent the Argies) have been the traditional nemesis of England we haven't played them that much in the last decade.

The German game is an obstacle, but a win will only take us to the same level we've achieved 2 times this already this decade.

If we manage to get as far as the semis and face Portugal that will be the biggest England game of the decade.
A side that embarrassed us in Euro 2000 and dumped us out of 2 major tournaments (2004 & 2006) facing an England side on the verge of their first WC Final for 44 years!

Not a big game? Don't see your logic, Steve. You say they're our nemesis, then you say we haven't played them much in the last decade, then you point out they've dumped all over us three times in the last decade, which is loads, internationally.

Biggest chance in a decade, until the one after it, if we win. :wink:

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Exile wrote:
SaddlerSteve wrote:

Not a big game? Don't see your logic, Steve. You say they're our nemesis, then you say we haven't played them much in the last decade, then you point out they've dumped all over us three times in the last decade, which is loads, internationally.

Biggest chance in a decade, until the one after it, if we win. :wink:

I said I didn't think the German game was the biggest game of the decade.
Although they are our traditional nemesis we haven't played them in major competitions since the beginning of the decade. If we beat them we'll get to the QF which we've already done fairly recently in the previous 2 tournaments this decade.

I was referring to Portugal being our new major nemesis this decade due to their screwing us 3 times in major tournaments this decade.

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Mea culpa. Was reading too fast. Sorry.

Return to England Highs & Lows