Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

England v Slovenia

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
brummie saddler
Site Addict

Re: England v Slovenia

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:18 pm

i think the performance was better because we looked to play proper football i think gerrard is standing out and really trying to pull the strings

i think we all agree put that chance on a plate for him in a liverpool it would of been smaked in the back of the net bobble or no bobble

i still think we are not as diciplined as we could be we often find are selves being countered in3 vs 3 or 2 vs 2 situations which is very risky and better teams will use their chances better

still i do agree that we have got that winning feeling now and a clean sheet to go with it which will help massively

no fear now of the clock ticking out and it being game over we can take our time and play how we want to play, to get the win

was it me or did joe cole look nackered after not long coming on?

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 am

Played with passion and commitment, just what I expect from an England team. Good performances all round albeit against poor opposition but when we play with that kind of attitude our quality will come through.

Didn't really want the jerries as they have a phsycological advantage over us in the 2 big tournaments but as latvian said, we have to beat them sometime. From a footballing point of view we have no reason to fear them but it looks a good bet for a draw and then we'll crumble in the shoot out.

Duke
Site Addict

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 pm

latviancheese wrote:I wouldnt! The Germans are no mugs, but i dont care. Bring em on, we have to beat them sometime.

Ghana have more pace upfront that would be a worry without Rio .

Previous
Return to England Highs & Lows