Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Nicolas Anelka sent home .

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Duke
Site Addict

Nicolas Anelka sent home .

Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:39 pm

Four Oaks Saddler
UTS Veteran

Re: Nicolas Anelka sent home .

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Only said what i'm sure a lot of people were thinking, if the reports in L'Equipe are to be believed.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Four Oaks Saddler wrote:Only said what i'm sure a lot of people were thinking, if the reports in L'Equipe are to be believed.

Yep, he's an easy scapegoat. Mind you , he does have a way with words when he actually speaks any does Anelka !

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Apparently, he was asked, perfectly reasonably and politely, at half-time, to play wide right in the second half. Anelka flatly refused, using very colourful Gallic obscenities.

Typical of "Le Sulk" - arrogant tosser.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:55 pm

I cant really blame him, its obvious Domenech had no clue.

Still, he should be professional. I don't see his problem because he has played there for Chelsea too.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 am

latviancheese wrote:I cant really blame him, its obvious Domenech had no clue.

Still, he should be professional. I don't see his problem because he has played there for Chelsea too.

The French FA make our lot look like guru's of the game.

They have appointed Domenech's replacement prior to the tournament and it is no secret that he (Domenech) does not have the backing of some of his players.

Having made the decision to replace him, they should have done it with immediate effect and get someone in who had the support of the players.

Having said the above, I have no empathy whatsoever for any footballer who puts his own preferences and needs above those of the country and fans he represents. The Manager is paid to manager and the players are paid to play. They should do as they are asked, as when all is said and done, it is the Manager who takes the responsibility for the teams results.

Anelka's behaviour is both disrespectful and disloyal and is far worse than Rooneys comments which were made in the heat of the moment.

I imagine the Irish are having a wry smile.

Stu
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Bloody hell, makes you realise how much worse it could get. The entire French squad refused to train today in protest at the decision, lol.

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Poor old Nick. He's always been a bit precious. Nice to see the French make England look good. :D

Return to England Highs & Lows