Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Fan in the England changing room.

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
tinned
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Hope he said what the nation were thinking.

dajw_my_son
UTS Regular

Re: Fan in the England changing room.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:25 pm

At least there was one Englishman in the dressing room tonight with a bit of passion in his bones.

Should make the team play with their club shirts on under the England shirt to remind them of how they can play when they can be bothered.

Jockey
UTS Legend

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:46 pm

He didnt have a knife, he didnt have a gun so why the fudge are the FA complaining to FIFA?? They should be happy that someone that hasnt been paid millions walks into the dressing room with a bit of passion.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:50 am

according to the guardian the fella that broke in to the changing room had a go at beckham...which i find interesting. Why would he have a go at beckham?

If you read my posts you'll know im no fan of beckham and i dont think he's deserved many of his last few caps...and im increasingly bemused at his involvement in the england camp at the world cup. Whats he there for? Surely he's nothing more than an unneccessary distraction? And we all know capello is no fan of those, hes banned wags, so why hasnt he banned twonks like beckham?!

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:55 am

philthesaddler wrote:according to the guardian the fella that broke in to the changing room had a go at beckham...which i find interesting. Why would he have a go at beckham?

If you read my posts you'll know im no fan of beckham and i dont think he's deserved many of his last few caps...and im increasingly bemused at his involvement in the england camp at the world cup. Whats he there for? Surely he's nothing more than an unneccessary distraction? And we all know capello is no fan of those, hes banned wags, so why hasnt he banned twonks like beckham?!

I agree, no need for him to be there. I think he is supposed to be the face of English football or something. Well he certainly has a face you want to slap many times. Send him home in my opinion, and get on with working out how to get out of the mess we are in.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:29 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:according to the guardian the fella that broke in to the changing room had a go at beckham...which i find interesting. Why would he have a go at beckham?

I agree, no need for him to be there. I think he is supposed to be the face of English football or something. Well he certainly has a face you want to slap many times. Send him home in my opinion, and get on with working out how to get out of the mess we are in.

Again, I think the FA are to blame. Too busy thinking about the commercial aspects

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:31 am

swiftyboy wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Again, I think the FA are to blame. Too busy thinking about the commercial aspects

Think it's more about the 2018 cup bid to be honest. There's no need for him to be on the bench though.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:38 am

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
swiftyboy wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Think it's more about the 2018 cup bid to be honest. There's no need for him to be on the bench though.

Sod 2018, we don't deserve a World Cup. To be fair, the fans have been absolutely superb, got to be the best in the world. No bother either, although I can't see that trend continuing if we go out on Wednesday.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:39 am

tinned wrote:Hope he said what the nation were thinking.

And tell Rooney to stop moaning to the camera as he walks off the pitch after a truly shocking performance. Maybe he has a part time job as a steward at the banks'!! Sorry Wayne but fans are entitled to their view when they've paid to travel half way around the world and witness that. Be a man and accept it. At least Gerrard held his hands up in the post match interview.

That was the worst I have seen Rooney play for England. He could easily have been subbed after 60 mins.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:54 pm

At least Beckham with a bost leg would of put some effort in last night.

Dunno why he is on the bench, but i seriously doubt it would have any negative effect. :?

Return to England Highs & Lows