Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Eff Off Rooney.

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
tinned
Site Addict

Eff Off Rooney.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Having a go at fans who have paid thousands and dare to boo?

fudge off you overpaid twerp!

longdogs
UTS Legend

Re: Eff Off Rooney.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:30 pm

I couldn't hear what he said - someone fill me in?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:32 pm

First time we have heard the crowd over those bloody horns

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Its not even the usual 30 quid a ticket, theyve paid bloody thousands!

Id drop the fat lard arse, Capello has obviously banned pies cause Rooney is so far off the pace he might as well be at home.

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:53 pm

I've just re-wound to see if I could see anything. ITV HD did not have any sort of clip of him whinging at the fans or saying anything.

Saying that, we know ITV HD are good at missing out key moments after the USA match.

Anyone care to enlighten us or is this an urban myth spiralling out of control?

PT
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Stu wrote:I've just re-wound to see if I could see anything. ITV HD did not have any sort of clip of him whinging at the fans or saying anything.

Saying that, we know ITV HD are good at missing out key moments after the USA match.

He definitely said it Stu. Something like "That's nice, the fans booing their home players, loyal supporters........"

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:04 pm

fudge OFF YOU FAT OVER PAID, USELESS TOSS POT. **********

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm

I am pretty sure that Rooney will regret that comment in the morning. He is not the most intellectually gifted man on the planet and as we all know can at times find it difficult to control his emotions.

Stu
UTS Legend

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:09 pm

PT wrote:
Stu wrote:I've just re-wound to see if I could see anything. ITV HD did not have any sort of clip of him whinging at the fans or saying anything.

He definitely said it Stu. Something like "That's nice, the fans booing their home players, loyal supporters........"

Did he say that when interviewed on something other than ITV?

tinned
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Stu, he was walking off the pitch and I was watching ITV HD.

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Like Gerrard Rooney will perform better in his preferred role that doesn't excuse his comments tonight .

Fans pay a lot a money to support England they deserve better .

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Duke wrote:Like Gerrard Rooney will perform better in his preferred role that doesn't excuse his comments tonight .

Fans pay a lot a money to support England they deserve better .

I wouldn't ever pick him again. I'd rather lose with out him than with him. barclays !

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 pm

It's alright when you get an all expenses paid trip to South Africa when you earn £100k a week ain't it, especially when all you do is stroll around some grass for 90 mins looking disinterested.

It does sour it somewhat, I would imagine, that people who earn a quarter of that weekly amount (or less) in A YEAR, and have spent their hard earned to trek all that way, not to mention a fortune in hotels and tickets would dare to voice their displeasure that one cannot even motivate ones-self to even try to play well in a World fudge Cup!

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:33 pm

The Red Prince wrote:It's alright when you get an all expenses paid trip to South Africa when you earn £100k a week ain't it, especially when all you do is stroll around some grass for 90 mins looking disinterested.

It does sour it somewhat, I would imagine, that people who earn a quarter of that weekly amount (or less) in A YEAR, and have spent their hard earned to trek all that way, not to mention a fortune in hotels and tickets would dare to voice their displeasure that one cannot even motivate ones-self to even try to play well in a World jolly well Cup!

Couldn't have put it better myself. If it wasn't bad enough the shocking performance, (or lack of it) he put in, he had to open his big scouse fat gob and slag off some 30 odd thousand who gave everything to get their to watch him. You utter piece of cack. fudge off.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:15 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
The Red Prince wrote:It's alright when you get an all expenses paid trip to South Africa when you earn £100k a week ain't it, especially when all you do is stroll around some grass for 90 mins looking disinterested.

It does sour it somewhat, I would imagine, that people who earn a quarter of that weekly amount (or less) in A YEAR, and have spent their hard earned to trek all that way, not to mention a fortune in hotels and tickets would dare to voice their displeasure that one cannot even motivate ones-self to even try to play well in a World jolly well Cup!

Couldn't have put it better myself. If it wasn't bad enough the shocking performance, (or lack of it) he put in, he had to open his big scouse fat gob and slag off some 30 odd thousand who gave everything to get their to watch him. You utter piece of cack. fudge off.

I liked the way you put scouse in there. :mrgreen:

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:31 pm

I can forgive Rooney his comments in the heat of the moment. What is far harder to forgive is his level of performance.

kevin
UTS Legend

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:30 am

Today, I am quickly investing in..............." Rooney Effigies 'R Us "

motty
UTS Legend

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:18 am

I really would rather have lambert upfront than half of these so called world class premiership strikers they dont want it enough.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:23 am

He was clearly frustared... but he had 90 minutes to put that right and didn't. Talented player he may be - but he is so thick. His "People" will not be happy this morning, and lets face it, most of these players only seem to be interested in the celebrity status. The only decent shot Rooney had last night was aimed straight at his foot!

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:17 am

BathSaddler wrote:I can forgive Rooney his comments in the heat of the moment. What is far harder to forgive is his level of performance.

Yep. Sod him for his comments, doesn't excuse his 'performance' on the pitch.

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 am

On t'ther thread I said pretty much the same as what everyone wrote:And tell Rooney to stop moaning to the camera as he walks off the pitch after a truly shocking performance. Maybe he has a part time job as a steward at the banks'!! Sorry Wayne but fans are entitled to their view when they've paid to travel half way around the world and witness that. Be a man and accept it. At least Gerrard held his hands up in the post match interview.

That was the worst I have seen Rooney play for England. He could easily have been subbed after 60 mins.

And I think the words he actually muttered were something like, "Nice to hear your own fans booing you..."

Redordead
UTS Veteran

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Wonder if Rooney's sarcastic wit will extend to 'Nice to see your own fans burning your house down', if England lose to Slovenia

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
On t'ther thread I said pretty much the same as what everyone wrote:And tell Rooney to stop moaning to the camera as he walks off the pitch after a truly shocking performance. Maybe he has a part time job as a steward at the banks'!! Sorry Wayne but fans are entitled to their view when they've paid to travel half way around the world and witness that. Be a man and accept it. At least Gerrard held his hands up in the post match interview.

That was the worst I have seen Rooney play for England. He could easily have been subbed after 60 mins.

And I think the words he actually muttered were something like, "Nice to hear your own fans booing you..."

Yes, that's what he said, followed by a sarcastic "Loyal Support"

I think the bit on the end is what takes the p*** more than anything else.

Reported to be over 35000 people for a group game, 6000 miles from home. Is there another Nation that travels that well ? I don't know, but I bet there aren't many. Add that to the cost, I mean how much must it cost ? I reckon people have been saving years for this. All they are asking for is for it to matter Wayne !!!

The support of our National team is fantastic in my opinion, far better than they deserve.

ciscokid
UTS Legend

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Loyal Support is spending your hard earn cash (most of it, for some England supporters) traveling 1000's mile to watch some uneducated overpaid backsides under perform massively. The England football team and everything round it is a CIRCUS.
When England get knocked out the players and FA should refund the fans out their own pockets

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:22 pm

caught_u_red_handed wrote:I really would rather have lambert upfront than half of these so called world class premiership strikers they dont want it enough.

Errr, what's wrong with Troy Deeney? :D

In fact Nicholls would have been better than Rooney last night. His first touch was diabolical, and when it did bounce off him he made no effort to win it back. They may be playing out of position and the manager takes the blame for that, but these are highly talented players capable of playing anywhere on the pitch, if their attitude is right. I can't believe some are making excuses for them.

Still, same results as the start of Italia 90, so fingers crossed it picks up from here.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 pm

I can take playing crap if they try. Last night they were just pathetic and lazy, with about as much pride as a lump of cheese.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
caught_u_red_handed wrote:I really would rather have lambert upfront than half of these so called world class premiership strikers they dont want it enough.

Errr, what's wrong with Troy Deeney? :D

In fact Nicholls would have been better than Rooney last night. His first touch was diabolical, and when it did bounce off him he made no effort to win it back. They may be playing out of position and the manager takes the blame for that, but these are highly talented players capable of playing anywhere on the pitch, if their attitude is right. I can't believe some are making excuses for them.

Still, same results as the start of Italia 90, so fingers crossed it picks up from here.

True enough, but can you remember just how well we played against Holland in the second game. We totally battered them, and actually looked like a team that could win the world cup. I remember Bobby Charlton doing an interview after that game, and in his words he said "I'm excited"

Are you excited ? :D

Jolly Johnny
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:They may be playing out of position and the manager takes the blame for that, but these are highly talented players capable of playing anywhere on the pitch, if their attitude is right. I can't believe some are making excuses for them.

Bang on If you're good enough, you should be able to adapt your skills and apply them to the situation required. Most players don't have the brains to be able to do that unfortunately it seems

MMF also wrote:Still, same results as the start of Italia 90, so fingers crossed it picks up from here.

And at Mexico 86 we lost to Portugal and then drew with Morocco before the Lineker hat trick in the last group game against Poland put us through, so we are only playing to form and doing it the hard way, putting us threw the mill as usual!!!

I believe we'll beat Slovenia and go through. Still doesn't excuse how pap last night was.

swiftyboy
Site Addict

Eff Off Rooney.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Jolly Johnny wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:They may be playing out of position and the manager takes the blame for that, but these are highly talented players capable of playing anywhere on the pitch, if their attitude is right. I can't believe some are making excuses for them.

Bang on If you're good enough, you should be able to adapt your skills and apply them to the situation required. Most players don't have the brains to be able to do that unfortunately it seems

MMF also wrote:Still, same results as the start of Italia 90, so fingers crossed it picks up from here.

And at Mexico 86 we lost to Portugal and then drew with Morocco before the Lineker hat trick in the last group game against Poland put us through, so we are only playing to form and doing it the hard way, putting us threw the mill as usual!!!

I believe we'll beat Slovenia and go through. Still doesn't excuse how pap last night was.

There is a big difference to all those years ago though. The players wanted to play for their country. Today's idiots couldn't care less

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 am

Talk about from hero to zero.

The fickleness of the English media and some of the public is frightening.

Of course, the need for a villain (David Beckham 1998 for example) when things go wrong is part of the English pysche.

Rooney was out of order for saying what he said, but why the uproar? It is not as if we do not know that these over paid prima donnas are divoced from the people who support the game from the stands. The public have enabled it to happen by buying into the nonsense called celebrity.

Rooney is an uneducated man who has achieved great wealth at an early age, has limited social skills and sometimes finds it difficult to control his emotions. In most other walks of life he would not be exposed to the limeight that is the media. Simple, really.

Next
Return to England Highs & Lows