Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Germany

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Germany

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:56 am

How do you rate there performance last night?
Were you impressed?
I personally think that Australia made them look better than they are. In my opinion it was a closer game too than the scoreline suggests. Australia could of gone 1-0 up after the first few minutes.
Germany did impress me abit yes, but Australia were dire at the back.
So yeah, what do you think? Are you worried now to play them? I wasnt before, I am a little bit more but lets just see how good they are vs a better team..

derbysaddler
Site Addict

Re: Germany

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:59 am

Impressive movement from them last night, Ozil look's tricky. Thing is, look at the Australian side now, a lot of their more experienced players are getting on, and Richard Garcia up front? hardly frightening is it.

What's typical of the German side though, Podolski and Klose have had poor domestic seasons, but as soon as the world cup starts, they just up the game.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 am

very efficient

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:22 pm

They have had worse sides than that and still got to the final, so I wouldn't rule them out.

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Difficult to access them against what I thought was a poor Aussie side , The Germans are well known for slow starts in World Cup that said they are always hard to beat.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Ruthlessly efficient as they always are.

A combination of Australia being complete tat and Cahill being red carded helped them win comfortably though.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:47 pm

I ay scared

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 pm

derbysaddler wrote:Impressive movement from them last night, Ozil look's tricky. Thing is, look at the Australian side now, a lot of their more experienced players are getting on, and Richard Garcia up front? hardly frightening is it.

What's typical of the German side though, Podolski and Klose have had poor domestic seasons, but as soon as the world cup starts, they just up the game.

soo flamin different to our players their awesome world beaters for their club

put them in an england shirts they dont do us proud at all ,last time i felt proud that they had put it in for us was the 5-1 until then weve under achieved in big games

Return to England Highs & Lows