Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Ledley King out now!

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Ledley King out now!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 am

Ledley King is being reported to be out for the rest of the tournament!

I said we shouldn't take him!

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Re: Ledley King out now!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:28 am

Should have stayed at home. No good being a good defender if you can't play. Woodgate would have been streets ahead our other center backs for years if he managed to stay fit more more than 2 weeks in a row.

What is even more ridiculous is that Carragher is now likely to have to play there for the rest of the tournament. I like Carragher, but I'm not sure about his lack of pace against some of the better strikers in the world, and he is hardly tried and tested in the England set up.

Cappello has made some strange decisions in my opinion, players that have had little or no role for England for some time, and are now all of a sudden part of his first team.

Guess he was proved right about Heskey the other night, but it was one game, long way to go yet. (hopefully)

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 am

To be fair to Capello his injury (groin) is not the one that he has continuously struggled with (knees) and was why people were saying he shouldn't have gone.

Rich Evans
UTS Legend

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:15 am

unfortunatley cappello went against his word in picking crocks and out of form players. opta stats had green as the keeper making the most errors leading to a goal and hart as the form keeper.

Ferdinand injured most of the season yet still on the plane. cappello was lucky he got injured before the tournement started and was able to call a replacement. yes king had a good end to the season and played in a fair few games in quick succesion but in doing so he probably left himself open to other injurys as he could be playing below his ability due to over compensating for his knee

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:27 am

All the ones who didnt want King in will now say 'I said we shouldnt of taken him!' There only reason being because of his knee.. But this injury isnt his knee, so its just unlucky. Capello made the right choice taking him though.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 am

Rich Evans wrote:unfortunatley cappello went against his word in picking crocks and out of form players. opta stats had green as the keeper making the most errors leading to a goal and hart as the form keeper.

Ferdinand injured most of the season yet still on the plane. cappello was lucky he got injured before the tournement started and was able to call a replacement. yes king had a good end to the season and played in a fair few games in quick succesion but in doing so he probably left himself open to other injurys as he could be playing below his ability due to over compensating for his knee

That was what I meant to say in my post also. He was always going to take Ferdinand, but King was to much of a risk.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:14 pm

The bloke was stupid for telling everyone he wasnt gonna take injured or out of form players and then took more than one injured player, and then dropped Johnson for SWP. :?

The man is strange, and i think we're buggered if Carragher has to play anyone half decent.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 pm

latviancheese wrote:The bloke was stupid for telling everyone he wasnt gonna take injured or out of form players and then took more than one injured player, and then dropped Johnson for SWP. :?

The man is strange, and i think we're buggered if Carragher has to play anyone half decent.

Of course, Ferdinand being injured "isn't that bad."

brummie saddler
Site Addict

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:59 pm

i think we should put faith in dawson i think hes capable and will be hungry for it as i doubt he thought 2 centre back above him would be injured i think cragher and terry is very experienced but also not the quickest

Return to England Highs & Lows