Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Most annoying pundit/commentator

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:03 am

ITV have many, BBC may have more.

I think Townsend is OK, but Chiles is completely out of his depth. Keegan? Has someone punched him in the left eye recently?

Exile
Jobsworth

Re: Most annoying pundit/commentator

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:04 am

How about a poll next week when you've had to listen to them whine a bit more?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:07 am

Exile wrote:How about a poll next week when you've had to listen to them whine a bit more?

Good idea! Add all the candidates here and send them a letter at the end of the tournament or when England get knocked out*

:D

*Whichever is sooner, like we don't already know :roll: :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 am

Keegan, I can take becuase he has been around the England block, so to speak.

And he isn't Andy Townsend.

Wyrley_saddler
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:46 am

Mick McCarthy!

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Wyrley_saddler wrote:Mick McCarthy!

Hes my favourite i still laugh from last time he said a Serbian player "looked like a badger" because of his haircut. I like Mick McCarthy but he is tainted by the Dingles.

Andy Townsend is also amusing because my brother is an albion fan, and they hate the "thief".

The worst has to be Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson, and that idiot who used to present "The Championship".

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Mick McCarthy.

Duke
Site Addict

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:27 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor because i cannot understand a bloody word he says .

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:47 pm

I was gonna say Robbie Earle before this story broke about him. So for me it's still Robbie Earle. Never did anything special in his career, he's barely coherant, now he's bordering on criminal... basically he's a run of the mill ITV pundit.
Last edited by philthesaddler on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bangsection
Site Addict

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Alan Shearer is almost incomparably tedious. He must have said something interesting at some point but I am yet to witness it myself. He makes Adebayor look like Hugh McIlvanney.

Chiles is having an excellent World Cup (and media commentators seem to agree). I think he hugely exposes Lineker's weaknesses as an anchor.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm

bangsection wrote:Alan Shearer is almost incomparably tedious. He must have said something interesting at some point but I am yet to witness it myself. He makes Adebayor look like Hugh McIlvanney.

Chiles is having an excellent World Cup (and media commentators seem to agree). I think he hugely exposes Lineker's weaknesses as an anchor.

Quite like Linekar and I like Chiles because he is a proper football fan.

Robbie Earle : What a tit.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:13 pm

That Irish bloke on the highlights programme. Don't know who he is and don't really want to see him again. So full of himself :wink:

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Duke wrote:Emmanuel Adebayor because i cannot understand a bloody word he says .

Racist!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Jesus, where does one start!

Anyone who uses the word "unbelievable" to describe something which is ordinary, just good or sightly surprising.

Anyone who uses the term "wondergoal" to descibe any goal from outside the penalty area.

Actually, it is easier to list the non-annoying ones

And I agree with Duke, I cannot understand a bloody word Adebayor says either.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:Keegan, I can take becuase he has been around the England block, so to speak.

And he isn't Andy Townsend.

I agree, at least Keegan could play football. Townsend is definitely my least favourite.
Southgate is actually quite good in comparison.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:
Duke wrote:Emmanuel Adebayor because i cannot understand a bloody word he says .

Racist!

He seemed quite open minded to different races, the few words I could understand :wink:

Pedro
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Adebayor he is about good as a pundit as he is afootballer. Next week he'll start been lazy and unintrested like how he plays. Also Andy Townsend utter crap.

Bring back Jimmy Hill and Saints snd Greavsie

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:58 am

Is he speaking English then? I thought he was a translator for other viewers :mrgreen: It would be easier to name the good ones than the bad ones... there aint many.

Duke
Site Addict

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:50 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Magic Man Fan wrote:

Racist!

He seemed quite open minded to different races, the few words I could understand :wink:

:mrgreen:

tinned
Site Addict

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Andy Townsend leaves me asking just one question - why??????

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Has any one just seen the bit where Alan Shearer went to a township? He was speaking to a black guy about the apartheid and he said "how did that make you feel?"...muppet. I bet he loved it Alan, I be he just loved having his human rights taken away from him based on the colour of his skin...what do you bloody think?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:17 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Has any one just seen the bit where Alan Shearer went to a township? He was speaking to a black guy about the apartheid and he said "how did that make you feel?"...muppet. I bet he loved it Alan, I be he just loved having his human rights taken away from him based on the colour of his skin...what do you bloody think?

its called journalism, he asked the question so he could describe what it felt like, for the benefit of television. :roll:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 pm

I'd like to go against the grain and say I can cut the ITV presenters some slack against their whimpy, whiny, gravy-train riding, do-gooding counterparts at the BBC. The whole BBC football coverage team is dislikeable in my opinion.

Exile
Jobsworth

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:24 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:
Exile wrote:How about a poll next week when you've had to listen to them whine a bit more?

Good idea! Add all the candidates here

Sheff
:mrgreen:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:50 am

4143 wrote:I'd like to go against the grain and say I can cut the ITV presenters some slack against their whimpy, whiny, gravy-train riding, do-gooding counterparts at the BBC. The whole BBC football coverage team is dislikeable in my opinion.

I have to agree to be honest. I used to prefer BBC, but this world cup I have much preferred the games on ITV, adverts apart. BBC hasn't been as good anyway, since Barry Davies stopped commentating.

Anyway, Chiles, Southgate, Coleman and co, have been more pleasurable than Hansen, Shearer etc etc. Andy Townsend is still NO though.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Aslong as there is no Garth Crooks. I dont mind.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 pm

latviancheese wrote:Aslong as there is no Garth Crooks. I dont mind.

Not sure about that, he's always good for a laugh. His earnestness is hilarious.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
4143 wrote:I'd like to go against the grain and say I can cut the ITV presenters some slack against their whimpy, whiny, gravy-train riding, do-gooding counterparts at the BBC. The whole BBC football coverage team is dislikeable in my opinion.

I have to agree to be honest. I used to prefer BBC, but this world cup I have much preferred the games on ITV, adverts apart. BBC hasn't been as good anyway, since Barry Davies stopped commentating.

Anyway, Chiles, Southgate, Coleman and co, have been more pleasurable than Hansen, Shearer etc etc. Andy Townsend is still NO though.

On a slight tangent, I wonder how much the BBC have paid for the rights to cover the tournament?

Given that ITV are providing free to air coverage, maybe the BBC should us taxpayers' money on something else :idea:

moaning saddler
Glitterati

Location: Taking Back Control - Bescot Market or a Single Market? Decisions, decisions...

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:58 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

On a slight tangent, I wonder how much the BBC have paid for the rights to cover the tournament?

Given that ITV are providing free to air coverage, maybe the BBC should us taxpayers' money on something else :idea:

Chester,
If you are taking a cheap shot, at least try to make it coherent.
Last edited by moaning saddler on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BathSaddler
Site Addict

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

What a surprise, an ideological dig at the BBC from chester. Pity the last sentence did not make any sense, but then rightwing rantings rarely do.

Next
Return to England Highs & Lows