Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

ITV HD F'wits!

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Exile
Jobsworth

Re: ITV HD F'wits!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 am

deanonev69 wrote:Thank God that after Fridays game, England's last game is on BBC.

That's better. :mrgreen:

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Exile wrote:Pinnacle's obviously not got HDTV or he'd be on this thread moaning about you lot moaning.

"Au contraire" i have got Skys finest and anyone who says it isn't better for sports and especially wildlife are either deluded or jealous.
I was in the pub watching the game (he hasn't got HD) so didn't know about what had happened till Sunday morning.

Winston Smith
UTS Regular

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Just for everyones info i did contact ITV and asked for the reasons why.

Their responce is as follows.

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding HD viewing of the England v USA World Cup football match.

An error by ITV’s transmission providers, Technicolor, meant that ITV1 HD’s coverage of the England v USA match was interrupted for approximately 20 seconds. ITV1’s standard definition coverage was unaffected.

ITV immediately investigated this issue and a preliminary report has indicated that the cause of the problem was human error at Technicolor, in London. ITV's Sport production team in South Africa, who have produced high quality coverage throughout the tournament, were in no way responsible.

Richard Cross, Group Technology Director, ITV plc said: “We apologise unreservedly to viewers for the unacceptable interruption to high definition coverage of the match. We met with Technicolor first thing this morning to put in place measures to address the issue and to ensure that Technicolor takes the appropriate action with immediate effect."

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV as we always welcome viewers’ feedback

Regards

ITV Viewer Services

Nothing I didn't know already really

UTS Legend

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:51 pm

For those of you without ITV HD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehaxXYZFTvs[/youtube]

There was another one but ITV have blocked it.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:22 am

Just confirms my long held opinion that ITV should not be allowed, by law, to cover any sport whatsoever.

TimWilkes
Glitterati

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 am

The most disturbing bit of that is about 23 seconds in when the lighting changes and there appears to be blood running down
the top, right hand corner of the TV monitor :shock:

Cully
Site Addict

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Neil Ravenscroft wrote:Just confirms my long held opinion that ITV should not be allowed, by law, to cover any sport whatsoever.

Hear, hear. Any channel that hosts programmes like 'Britains got talent', GMTV and Jeremy Kyle should be limited to presenting programmes of a similar standard to their core audience of feckless, celebrity loving, stay at homes.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Their SD football is dire too. The picture quality is just shocking compared to the beeb.

gerryhatrick
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:02 pm

deanonev69 wrote:Thank God that after Fridays game, all England's games are on BBC.

There's the rub. Auntie is sure to transform the English team into world beaters.

ciscokid
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Does he think he can get away with blaming somebody else. No matter who's fault, Richard Cross is ultimately responsible. Forget about measures in place to stop it happening again-------ridiculous, it's happened and shouldn't have. He is paid large sums to ensure smooth operations and is responsible. Should be sacked

Previous
Return to England Highs & Lows