Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

If I could talk to the England Squad.

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

If I could talk to the England Squad.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:42 pm

If I were in a privileged position like yourselves, to represent my Country. I would give every ounce of sweat and blood. Make every tackle, every pass like my life depended on it. You get so few chances in life to do something special, really special, put yourselves in the history books along side those men who In 1966 gave everything they had to make our Country the best in the World.

When you look back on your lives, don't let it be with regret, that you could have given an extra 10% like England teams gone by,which could have been the difference between success and failure. Don't lie on the pitch after loosing on penalty's and feeling sorry for yourselves , if you haven't given every ounce of your soul to the cause for the whole of the tournament. If we fail, then let us all fail together, knowing that there was nothing more we could have done.

The whole Nation is behind you, despite being let down time after time, COME ON ENGLAND, just this once make us proud. Make this great nation of ours the best in the world once again. Then your names shall never be forgotten , but remembered for ever as the boys of 2010.

Whitti Steve
Past UTS Benefactor

Re: If I could talk to the England Squad.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Blazing Saddler for motivational coach. I agree wholeheartedly.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Ask to borrow a tenner if im honest, theyve got bags of it.

Anyway, id just tell em that even the most pessismistic bugger like me believes we can really win it, and that they will win the WC if they believe that too. Id also tell them that even John Terry would come back a hero if we won the WC.

Duke
Site Addict

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Well said Blazing .

Come on ENGLAND

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:07 pm

I'd ask Ashley Cole for a pic of his pants.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:If I were in a privileged position like yourselves, to represent my Country. I would give every ounce of sweat and blood. Make every tackle, every pass like my life depended on it. You get so few chances in life to do something special, really special, put yourselves in the history books along side those men who In 1966 gave everything they had to make our Country the best in the World.

When you look back on your lives, don't let it be with regret, that you could have given an extra 10% like England teams gone by,which could have been the difference between success and failure. Don't lie on the pitch after loosing on penalty's and feeling sorry for yourselves , if you haven't given every ounce of your soul to the cause for the whole of the tournament. If we fail, then let us all fail together, knowing that there was nothing more we could have done.

The whole Nation is behind you, despite being let down time after time, COME ON ENGLAND, just this once make us proud. Make this great nation of ours the best in the world once again. Then your names shall never be forgotten , but remembered for ever as the boys of 2010.

Love it, Well said that man. Hurrah :)

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Cheesebag wrote:I'd ask Ashley Cole for a pic of his pants.

Whatever tickles your pickle!

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:51 am

I would say "Come on lads, I've got you in the UTS sweepstake :mrgreen: ,

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 am

"Just go out and enjoy yourselves lads, but remember it's just a game. New league season starts soon, and that's where the bread and butter is so don't rush around getting injured. Just go through the motions and if you get to peno's it will be a good excuse to drop out - remember to look a bit cheesed off afterwards. See you on the golf course!"

:mrgreen:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 am

SaigonSaddler wrote:"Just go out and enjoy yourselves lads, but remember it's just a game. New league season starts soon, and that's where the bread and butter is so don't rush around getting injured. Just go through the motions and if you get to peno's it will be a good excuse to drop out - remember to look a bit cheesed off afterwards. See you on the golf course!"

:mrgreen:

Seeing as there is some truth in that, or at least there has been in the past, it's not even funny :(

This time....

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:51 pm

In Victory or defeat, let it mean as much to you, as it does to me, did to my Dad, and his Dad, and every other proud English man.
Make us proud. GO GO GO !

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:In Victory or defeat, let it mean as much to you, as it does to me, did to my Dad, and his Dad, and every other proud English man.

Rousing stuff, but unlikely that Capello will be saying that.

Cully
Site Addict

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Bit pointless, I'm sure they know all that stuff, sounds like the Sun or the Mail headline writer, it's just not that simple is it?

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:14 pm

chestersaddler wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:In Victory or defeat, let it mean as much to you, as it does to me, did to my Dad, and his Dad, and every other proud English man.

Of course he won't He's f****** Italian, why would it mean anything to him ?

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
chestersaddler wrote:

Of course he won't He's f****** Italian, why would it mean anything to him ?

I was aware that the Manager is Italian (without the obscenity)

Duke
Site Addict

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Your country needed you against Algeria you let your country down.

You are very lucky to have another chance on Wednesday , If you cannot do it for me or yourselves do it for your armed forces in Afghanistan who are
out there spilling their guts for their country , you will be going home in one piece many of your fellow countrymen will not be .

ciscokid
UTS Legend

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:27 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FivxtFyu2o[/youtube]

Return to England Highs & Lows