Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Negative attitude

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Negative attitude

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I am noticing this through all of the posts.
The match yesterday could not really be taken seriously, it was no more than a training session and a(very successful) PR exercise.
Did you notice all the kids at the end with England tops on ?
Seems to me we can't do right for wrong with some of the posters on here. There must be some budding journos amongst you, as their favourite pastime is knocking everyone and everything that is sportsmen who are genuinely trying to be the best that they can be.
Give it a rest fellas and get behind the team and everything they do.
Yes, i know you are all entitled to your opinions, but for gods sake we aint kicked a ball in anger yet :(

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Re: Negative attitude

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 pm

I agree. It get's a bit tedious.
People moaning about other people moaning. :mrgreen:

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:44 pm

SaddlerSteve wrote:I agree. It get's a bit tedious.

I expected no more really
Its a sign Walsall aint playing, you all have to get your daily moan at something or someone else :?

scott_powell
Site Addict

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

PINNACLE wrote:I am noticing this through all of the posts.
The match yesterday could not really be taken seriously, it was no more than a training session and a(very successful) PR exercise.
Seems to me we can't do right for wrong with some of the posters on here. There must be some budding journos amongst you, as their favourite pastime is knocking everyone and everything that is sportsmen who are genuinely trying to be the best that they can be.
Yes, i know you are all entitled to your opinions, but for gods sake we aint kicked a ball in anger yet :(

I agree, all it was was a run about to keep the fitness levels up. People on here and my facebook seemed to think that because it was 3-0 we have no chance in the tournement. Capello already said before the game that he knew who was starting against the USA so it wasn't like the players needed to prove themselves. Good run about for the lads i think

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:59 pm

It wasn't so long back I remember posting on UTS about England, and there were a bomb load of posters who basically said they couldn't give a toss about England. I was quite shocked, and a little sad to be honest. England means every bit as much to me as Walsall. I'd give anything to see us win a World Cup in my life time.

They all seem to have disappeared, changed their minds , or what ever now the World Cup is here. Maybe jumped on the negative bandwagon.

We probably will lose on penalties in the quarter finals again, but until that happens, we have the hope that this time could just be different.

Zippy
Glitterati

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

PINNACLE wrote:

Its a sign Walsall aint playing, you all have to get your daily moan at something or someone else :?

I was thinking that the other day Pinny.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Actually, I can't understand the negativity about yesterday's practice game - it's the sort of thing all the teams are doing. It's more to do with the attitude of the media, now we have 24 hour rolling coverage, in that they encourage what they call "debate" by being controversial all of the time.

Having said that, I think we'll be lucky to win it, as I don't think we're good enough technically, but, anyone can win it with a run of luck.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:56 pm

Of course it's negative, it's UTS!

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I like my websites like my AIDS tests.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Doe be such a saft winky

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:54 pm

chestersaddler wrote:

Doe be such a saft winky

:D

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 pm

There always seems to be a fine line between being negative or happy clappy, and being realistic. People who think we'll go out early tend to believe other people who have similar thoughts are being realistic, while those who think we'll go far/win it think thats being negative. These people think us having expectations of winning the tournament is realistic, where as those "negative" posters think that's wishful thinking and jumping on the England bandwagon.

Personally, I think England are in an easy side of the draw. If you compare what we have to do to say, Spain, as favourites if you assume they'll win their group then they'll have to potentially face Portugal, Italy, Argentina and Brazil in the knockout stages. While they're a good side I don't think they'll win those four games back to back. England on the other hand should also win their group. They could then potentially face the runner up of Germany's group (possibly Australia), before playing the winner of France's group in the quarter finals (at a guess, Uruguay). That's a relatively easy passage to the semi's and should be a minimum requirement. However, once there we'll have to play what I think will be the winner of a quarter final between Holland and Brazil. IMO, that's when we'll go out.

Positive, Negative, or Realistic?

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I think that we should take out and execute the entire England squad NOW to save ourselves from the shame and dishonour they will undoubtably bring to our country when they fail yet again* :(

* Not really, but I may come back to this post later.

chestersaddler
Site Addict

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm

If you think we will reach the semi's then I would say you are positive.

I have an open mind. I would not be surpised if we go out early or if we go all the way.

Backside well and truly covered

SaddlerSteve
Site Addict

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:54 pm

PINNACLE wrote:

I wasn't moaning, just making an observation.
For what it's worth I'd expect us to reach the quarters again and then get knocked out. Anything more is a bonus.

Pedro
UTS Legend

Negative attitude

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:21 am

Fabio out, bet they no even sell chips. Let's have a demo boo booooooooooo moan moan.

Exile
Jobsworth

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:00 am

I bet there's loads of yellow shirts at the first England game. :roll:

motty
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 am

Predictable and boring,Yawn :cry:

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 pm

caught_u_red_handed wrote:

Predictable and boring,Yawn :cry:

Yep, that just about sums up some of you to a tee :roll:

DanWalsallFC
Site Addict

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:24 pm

I genuinely dont think we will win the world cup... Thats not me having a moan because there is no Walsall FC to be moaned at..
We'll go out in Semis vs Brazil.
Brazil vs Spain final.

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:45 pm

DanWalsallFC wrote:I genuinely dont think we will win the world cup... Thats not me having a moan because there is no Walsall FC to be moaned at..
We'll go out in Semis vs Brazil.
Brazil vs Spain final.

And thats pretty much how i see it as well although i hope i am wrong.
I am not picking up on posts like yours and many other peoples, its just the usual doom and gloom merchants, show offs and the ones that like to hear the sound of their own voice. The posters on here who i admire and respect their point of view are in the main silent, both on this thread and the ones that slag everthing off for the sake of it. Says it all really :wink:
UTS & UT England

ws3
Glitterati

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 pm

PINNACLE
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:03 pm

ws3 wrote:http://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2010/06/09/paul-myerscough/sentimental-money/

A very good article, but even a better comment just beneath it. I quote....

"Plus, if i have learned one thing from watching club and country over the past 20 years it’s that most of the joy of the game lies in the hope rather than the result"

ciscokid
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm feeling really negative about England's chances in the WC. I have doubts if we can qualify. Hope I'm wrong
Going to get really tanked up Saturday so if we have a mare---It'll numb the pain :mrgreen:

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:18 pm

The man bonus this time is Capello. Best manager we have had for a long time, and takes no crap either from the players and thankfully the media. I'd like to think we can reach the semi's and then anything can happen. If we do eventually play Brazil then I expect him to make more of an impact than Sven did against said opposition.

Come on England. I really can't wait, :D

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:The man bonus this time is Capello. Best manager we have had for a long time, and takes no crud either from the players and thankfully the media. I'd like to think we can reach the semi's and then anything can happen. If we do eventually play Brazil then I expect him to make more of an impact than Sven did against said opposition.

A dream team of John Barnwell and Tommy Coakley would have made more of an impact than Sven that day. That was the day I well and truly realised what a complete and utter fake he really was. He just sat there and watched the World Cup drift away. What a tool.

Evo Boozy Saddler
Glitterati

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 am

Blazing_Saddler wrote:
Evo Boozy Saddler wrote:The man bonus this time is Capello. Best manager we have had for a long time, and takes no crud either from the players and thankfully the media. I'd like to think we can reach the semi's and then anything can happen. If we do eventually play Brazil then I expect him to make more of an impact than Sven did against said opposition.

A dream team of John Barnwell and Tommy Coakley would have made more of an impact than Sven that day. That was the day I well and truly realised what a complete and utter fake he really was. He just sat there and watched the World Cup drift away. What a tool.

:lol: :lol: Cracking post fella, and I agree with every word

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:

He was a good manager at getting the result but when it came to pressure, like you say he just looked like he was having some sort of mental breakdown, and sat in silence.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:24 pm

latviancheese wrote:
Blazing_Saddler wrote:

He was a good manager at getting the result but when it came to pressure, like you say he just looked like he was having some sort of mental breakdown, and sat in silence.

mmm. He didn't get a result that day did he ? Or against Portugal twice, when it really mattered. Complete twanger. Not fit to Milk Cappello's coffee.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:22 am

Benfica and Lazio fans would disagree with you :wink:

The bloke was a good manager, but he bottled it on the biggest stage in football. I never thought he was a crap manager, but he had clearly no idea in 2006.

Next
Return to England Highs & Lows