Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

UTS World Cup Sweepstake

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
yoda
Site Addict

UTS World Cup Sweepstake

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:19 pm

I love sweepstakes, they add a bit of spice. Would 16 or 15 other players be down for a sweepstake?

Something like £2 in, each participant gets 2 teams drawn at random (independently verified if need be) on a first come, first play basis. 50% goes in the pot 50% goes to UTS.

Im prepared for this to die on its arse but I love sweepstakes so much its worth a shot.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Re: UTS World Cup Sweepstake

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:55 pm

yoda wrote:I love sweepstakes, they add a bit of spice. Would 16 or 15 other players be down for a sweepstake?

Something like £2 in, each participant gets 2 teams drawn at random (independently verified if need be) on a first come, first play basis. 50% goes in the pot 50% goes to UTS.

Im prepared for this to die on its arse but I love sweepstakes so much its worth a shot.

I'm in, but an internet "pick out the hat" is a bit odd don't you think?

yoda
Site Addict

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm

As I said, I can get an independent witness (from this very board).

Also, if we let players pick there own teams we'll only grt 4 or 5 people playing wont we?

priestley_saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Not sure if it was on here or on another board, but at the last World Cup or Euro 08, a sweepstake was done whereby the teams were numbered alphabetically. People were then allocated teams in the order they joined the sweepstake, with the team they got being decided by the order the numbers were spoken in certain TV programmes.

Was a fantastically random way of doing it.

I'll join whichever way its decided.

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:42 pm

priestley_saddler wrote:Not sure if it was on here or on another board, but at the last World Cup or Euro 08, a sweepstake was done whereby the teams were numbered alphabetically. People were then allocated teams in the order they joined the sweepstake, with the team they got being decided by the order the numbers were spoken in certain TV programmes.

Was a fantastically random way of doing it.

I'll join whichever way its decided.

Yep, that was me. 8)

Up for one again, and I was going to do one myself, but would happily assist in helping out. Needs a prize though, no cash up front as collecting it would be practically impossible. Player X gets Honduras for example and will hardly be beating down the door to pay up. Getting people to pay up front will also be extremely difficult.

If you're happy for me to organise and supply a suitable prize then I will, but I don't want to tread on Yoda's toes here.

Return to England Highs & Lows