Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

England v Kazakhstan 11.10.08

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
mikey

England v Kazakhstan 11.10.08

Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:01 pm

England v Kazakhstan
Gp 6, 17:15 K.O.

Yakshamash!!

We've got the goat herders tomorrow. I'll be watching in the Swifts Club after our match I guess.

Predictions anyone?

I'll go for a comfortable win, 3-0 :D

Michal
UTS Regular

Re: England v Kazakhstan 11.10.08

Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:38 pm

3:0
Maybe the last time, when Gerrard and Lampard playing together in England game.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:37 pm

3 points, about as positive as I can be about it

Fans of London clubs should be banned from watching England, complete twangers

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Booed off at half time! Oh, how I hate the England "fans" who go to the games (and the journalists who commentate and write about them). Sometimes it's almost worth seeing them lose just to see them behaving like spoiled kids who haven't been allowed to get their own way.

Reading the scathing reports under the "England 5 Kazakhstan 1" header tomorrow ought to give plenty of amusement - laughing at the morons who write the copy that is. They've been paid to write about football every day of their lives for tens of years in many case - and they still haven't cottoned on to the fact that underdogs tend to run around, chasing the ball on pure adrenalin for an hour or so, keep it tight and then get put to the sword late on. A textbook example from England today: tiring out Kazakhstan and then running in five second half goals. But will they get credit for it? No - because the so-called experts are too stupid to realize that (as they were on ITV).

admin
Site Admin

Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:34 pm

Good news story from tonight. Admin was at Wembley, right behind the goal, and having had several 1664s too many, left his phone and credit cards on the pub table. Some fella picked them up, rang the last number dialled, handed the phone and cards (in tact) to my mate, and faith in human nature is totally restored. How it so easily could have gone the other way....

Atmosphere behind the goal was very good, better than the old Wembley days. Yes the crowd got on Cashley's back after his back pass, but I reckon that is more due to his treatment of Cheryl and the money-grabbing Arsenal-Chelsea swap than the actual performance on the pitch. There ain't much to like in the bloke is there?

What is different under Capello - compared to the clown before him, and the Swede before that - was that even at half time, I was totally confident the right changes would be made, and we would still thump them. And sure enough, SWP came on, Rooney went up top, we never looked back, and in injury time we missed several chances to make it six.

Only disappointment in the day was hearing the Saddlers downed 2-1 by the Posh, looking forward to hearing the match reaction...

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 am

Plastic Hawk wrote:Booed off at half time! Oh, how I hate the England "fans" who go to the games

Some of

It's the cockneys I tell thee who follow Spurs, West Ham and Arsenal

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:33 am

Not surprised at all england was booed off at half time 0-0 against borats boys is pathetic as is conceding a goal against them. As for cashely cole i couldnt stop laughing when the fans booed him everytime he touched the ball after he gave the ball away that led to their goal. At times engalnd looked shaky and nervous in defence agaisnt them was rubbish.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:40 am

big baz 1 wrote:Not surprised at all england was booed off at half time 0-0 against borats boys is pathetic as is conceding a goal against them. As for cashely cole i couldnt stop laughing when the fans booed him everytime he touched the ball after he gave the ball away that led to their goal. At times engalnd looked shaky and nervous in defence agaisnt them was rubbish.

Baz, I suggest you read Plastic's post further up - because he was spot on. We put them to the sword as soon as they started to tire (and Beckham's cameo was wonderful as well). Teams like them will harry and chase for an hour and make life difficult and there are no mugs left in International football.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:56 am

saddlerken wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:Booed off at half time! Oh, how I hate the England "fans" who go to the games

Some of

Well there's at least one Walsall fan on this thread who thinks it was the right thing to do... :roll: :roll:

Clueless, spoiled kids the lot of them (the ones who booed or who think that we should have scored earlier or not conceded). If 5-1's not good enough (against anyone) for a fan, then that fan deserves to see his side fail on a regular basis and to be ridiculed by fans of other sides. I don't want to go to see England play live because I couldn't bear to be in the same stadium as so many clueless, moronic so-called fans for two hours. They're spoiling the game for the rest of us.

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

I never said it was the right thing to do at all , all i said was that i found it funny when cashely was booed . How the hell does make it me a spoilt kid? i am sorry for expecting england ( a team with some of top class players) to score earlier then they did or not to concede against kazakhstan :roll: . I have never agreed with the fans that have booed frank lampard in the past and now cashely cole nor would i sit in the ground and boo the england players . Eventually england beat kazakhstan by a couple of goals but it they didnt do it the easy did they ? there was a few nervy moments at the back along the way to the win. I know longer call myself a england fan as i dont have the passion i once had for watching and supporting the england.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:
saddlerken wrote:

Some of

Well there's at least one Walsall fan on this thread who thinks it was the right thing to do... :roll: :roll:

Clueless, spoiled kids the lot of them (the ones who booed or who think that we should have scored earlier or not conceded). If 5-1's not good enough (against anyone) for a fan, then that fan deserves to see his side fail on a regular basis and to be ridiculed by fans of other sides. I don't want to go to see England play live because I couldn't bear to be in the same stadium as so many clueless, moronic so-called fans for two hours. They're spoiling the game for the rest of us.

It's strange actually, I'm in the England members club and bar yesterday I've been to every one of England home games for 4 years, I chose Walsall yesterday because I could watch both so why miss one

When I have been, I can hear the boo's but it doesn't ever to be anyone near me because if it was I'd give them an earful, I wish I've had the opportunity. Spoke to my mate this morning who went, again he said it wasn't anyone near him, very odd, he sat in the 'singing' end yesterday.

He has a theory that it must be the corporates, they are probably local London lads, they have had a few ales and they start being rowdy

NB, did anyone notice the booing at the end of the sweatys game against Norway, so called best fans in the world eh! A draw at home against Norway is IMO a bloody good result, some of their players are pitiful

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Were all the Bankss'ss'''ss's stayaways at Wembley yesterday? They are the ones most likely to boo their own players.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:56 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:Were all the Bankss'ss'''ss's stayaways at Wembley yesterday? They are the ones most likely to boo their own players.

Gone Fishin'!

:wink:

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:Were all the Bankss'ss'''ss's stayaways at Wembley yesterday? They are the ones most likely to boo their own players.

Funnily enough, after 45 minutes at the game on saturday of the guy behind me and infront of you using the C word, the cheeky grumpy flip in front of me had the cheek to moan at me when I called the ref a flipping muppet. I wouldnt mind but the guy in question never claps, even when we score.
Last edited by Exile on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:33 am

philthesaddler wrote:

Funnily enough, after 45 minutes at the game on saturday of the guy behind me and infront of you using the C word, the cheeky grumpy f*ck in front of me had the cheek to moan at me when I called the ref a f*cking muppet. I wouldnt mind but the guy in question never claps, even when we score.

Sounds like there was plenty of moaning going on without the stay aways then, eh? :wink:

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:44 pm

I thought the booing of Ashley Cole was absolutely disgraceful.
Yes, he made a mistake, but to boo your own player was totally and utterly stupidity.
Just go to show that there are thousands of England fans out there who are stupid and as thick as 2 short blanks.
Idiotic.

aaaae
Site Addict

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:I thought the booing of Ashley Cole was absolutely disgraceful.
Yes, he made a mistake, but to boo your own player was totally and utterly stupidity.
Just go to show that there are thousands of England fans out there who are stupid and as thick as 2 short blanks.
Idiotic.

As I said on another thread - that's bound to be the (substantial number of) Arsenal fans in the crowd I would guess.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:13 pm

PJD wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:I thought the booing of Ashley Cole was absolutely disgraceful.
Idiotic.

As I said on another thread - that's bound to be the (substantial number of) Arsenal fans in the crowd I would guess.

Doesn't stop them being morons. Can't they separate international and club football in their tiny minds? They want England to win so that they can go and inflict their idiocy on another country for four weeks next summer. Abusing the players who will give them the excuse for four weeks of being paralytic in South Africa won't make it more likely that they'll get the chance to go there.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Plastic Hawk wrote:Doesn't stop them being morons. Can't they separate international and club football in their tiny minds? They want England to win so that they can go and inflict their idiocy on another country for four weeks next summer. Abusing the players who will give them the excuse for four weeks of being paralytic in South Africa won't make it more likely that they'll get the chance to go there.

I hope by 'they' you dont mean all England fans and you mean a small minority?

The same small minority that wont get tickets for SA

The fans that followed England in Germany, Portugal and Japan/Korea with little or no trouble?

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Let me say at the outset that I think that booing one of your own players IS pathetic and moronic.

However, I think that there is more to it in the case of Cashley Cole. Here is a man who has a very attractive wife whom he has abused, has shown an arrogant disrespect to referees, shown a similar lack of respect to Arsenal fans, "wouldn't get out of bed for £55K per week" (poor little lamb) and has made it quite clear that money dominates his self-centred little world. There's not really very much to like about him, is there? He has no respect for the feelings of those many thousands of fans who pay lots of THEIR hard-earned cash to fund his life-style - tw*t.

I wish him well when he pulls on an England shirt and would never boo him in such circumstances but it still doesn't mean that I have to like him.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:25 pm

saddlerken wrote:
Plastic Hawk wrote:Doesn't stop them being morons. Can't they separate international and club football in their tiny minds? They want England to win so that they can go and inflict their idiocy on another country for four weeks next summer. Abusing the players who will give them the excuse for four weeks of being paralytic in South Africa won't make it more likely that they'll get the chance to go there.

I hope by 'they' you dont mean all England fans and you mean a small minority?

The same small minority that wont get tickets for SA

The fans that followed England in Germany, Portugal and Japan/Korea with little or no trouble?

I mean the ones who were booing. Clearly I can't accuse the ones who weren't of being stupid for abusing their own players! :wink:

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Pedagogue wrote:Let me say at the outset that I think that booing one of your own players IS pathetic and moronic.

However, I think that there is more to it in the case of Cashley Cole. Here is a man who has a very attractive wife whom he has abused, has shown an arrogant disrespect to referees, shown a similar lack of respect to Arsenal fans, "wouldn't get out of bed for £55K per week" (poor little lamb) and has made it quite clear that money dominates his self-centred little world. There's not really very much to like about him, is there? He has no respect for the feelings of those many thousands of fans who pay lots of THEIR hard-earned cash to fund his life-style - tw*t.

I wish him well when he pulls on an England shirt and would never boo him in such circumstances but it still doesn't mean that I have to like him.

It's not (just) about Ashley Cole though, is it? That's a (relatively defensible) symptom of a much more endemic problem.

My first post referred to the booing at half time, for the "sin" of not being miles ahead of Kazakhstan at that stage (note: we weren't even losing). It's hardly the first time that's happened. The scenes in Andorra under McClaren put me off watching England matches for an extended period - really I've only started again at the beginning of this qualifying campaign. And in two of the three matches that I've seen so far we've again been booed off at half time. Yet we won both of those matches comfortably (as we did the other Andorra game), currently sit top of the section with a 100% record and have won away against the strongest team in the group (based on FIFA rankings). Tell me, exactly what do the booing fans have to complain about now that McClaren has gone?

Add to all of that the general attitude of the popular press to the England team. The headlines and stories on the morning of a match are usually written in order to set up a "humorous" slating if the result goes the wrong way (against Croatia it was to do with "black holes" and "the end of the world" if we lost due to the Large Hadron Collider being switched on the same day). And when we won that game, apparently Capello had "dodged a bullet" - by the cunning strategy of winning a game of football (i.e. by doing his job). Hardly getting lucky that, was it?

saddlerken
Site Addict

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Dont let 'some' fans and the moronic press to put you off

I hope that no one on this site watches the Sunday Suppliment on sky

If you do, then you are only stroking their ego's, bunch of absolute morons

If there are any decent dingles out there then as an England fan, at the moment, I know how they must feel

We (WFC) have our own set of boo boys, sometimes it's prior to any mistake being made, there are so many England fans suffering cause of minority of said morons, it's really sad

Pedro
UTS Legend

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:24 am

Its always been the same with England , the North vs South Devide

Was there myself Saturday and even though I cannot stand Ashley Cole i did not boo him, the boo's started far side from the dugouts which was the main area for the abuse, but its always been the same when the games are in London from Barnes,Anderton,Beckham the Neville brothers they always get stick and boo's. When the games where in the north the fan support was a whole load better , everyone backed the players

aaaae
Site Addict

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:29 am

Pedro wrote:Its always been the same with England , the North vs South Devide

Was there myself Saturday and even though I cannot stand Ashley Cole i did not boo him, the boo's started far side from the dugouts which was the main area for the abuse, but its always been the same when the games are in London from Barnes,Anderton,Beckham the Neville brothers they always get stick and boo's. When the games where in the north the fan support was a whole load better , everyone backed the players

Spot on about Barnes, I went to an England v Holland game about ten years ago - must have been the Graham Taylor era and John Barnes took awful stick all night from all over the ground (it had been very much inflamed by the moron press (tabloids) before the game) and then Barnsey stepped up and slotted a peach of a free kick into the top right corner to put England in front, suddenly he was a hero - it was pathetic.

We drew, but what made it worse as we left my wife (girlfriend at the time) turned to me and said "I really enjoyed that" - and some Cockeney idiot turned around and gave her a mouthful - "Are you effing Dutch?!" - It was truly pathetic and emphasises PH's point. Wembley is populated by a large contingent of Premier League supporting morons, who now diddly squat about the beautiful game.

saddlerken
Site Addict

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 am

PJD wrote:Wembley is populated by a large contingent of Premier League supporting morons, who now diddly squat about the beautiful game.

agreed

and Jamie Carragher said it was fans of lower league football who aren't used to watching top class football who got on the players backs

:x :x :x

Exile
Jobsworth

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:23 pm

saddlerken wrote:
PJD wrote:Wembley is populated by a large contingent of Premier League supporting morons, who now diddly squat about the beautiful game.

agreed

and Jamie Carragher said it was fans of lower league football who aren't used to watching top class football who got on the players backs

:x :x :x

What a loser. He must be so far up his backside he can't see daylight any more.

Return to England Highs & Lows