Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

Andorra v England

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Andorra v England

Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:31 am

Anyone bothered?

I didn't see it myself, but its no surprise that Joe Cole came to England's rescue with the goals. I think he's England's best player, bar none.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Re: Andorra v England

Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:37 am

Saw the rerun when I got back from the party. Defoe totally ineffective. Central midfield didn't create anything (when is Lampard going to learn that his main job is making chances for the strikers and Barry just wasn't needed - someone more creative was). Only looked the part when Heskey came on (played really well) and Rooney and Cole could run off him. Despite Rooney having a poor game, we don't have anyone else who could have played the pass for Cole's second. Oh, and Walcott looked good at times.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Popular match, that one. :D

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:37 pm

Day bother watcihng it and with a slightly guilty feel, I day feel bad about it.

aaaae
Site Addict

Location: Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely High Court judges...

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:56 am

Watched it in the pub. It was a usual England performance, by which I mean crud!

Walcott looked good for the first 15 minutes, culminating in setting up a great chance for Rooney who blasted it about 20 feet over the bar from just inside the box.

Cole looked dangerous as soon as he came on, but apart from that I can't think of anyone who's performance was better than mediocre. We didn't even have a shot on target in the first half.

The worst aspect was the amount of time we lumped a 40 or 50 yard ball into touch, it was like watching rugby.

My contempt for the overpaid, arrogant ponces who ply their trade in the Premier league just grows and grows.

Return to England Highs & Lows