Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

McClaren, F*** off!

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

McClaren, F*** off!

Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:52 pm

Nuff said.

He's a muppet.

[having said this at half time, we'll probably go and perform majestically, draw or win and go through :lol: ]

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Re: McClaren, F*88 off!

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:03 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Nuff said.

He's a muppet.

[having said this at half time, we'll probably go and perform majestically, draw or win and go through :lol: ]

Or maybe we won't :evil:

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:20 pm

Just said he won't quit.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Bristol Fan wrote:Just said he won't quit.

Has he? Where?

What a muppet

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:27 pm

philthesaddler wrote:

Has he? Where?

What a muppet

in an interview on sky.

He didnt have a clue what he was talking about.

"we didnt have the best of starts" :lol: Understatement of the century.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:37 pm

He ought to be kicked to death on a rainy motorway services car park

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:38 pm

latviancheese wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:

Has he? Where?

What a muppet

in an interview on sky.

He didnt have a clue what he was talking about.

"we didnt have the best of starts" :lol: Understatement of the century.

How can he continue to justify his position after this diasterous campaign?

He is tactically inept, clueless and indecisive about his team selections and somehow managed to stumble on two decent performances against Israel and Russia at home.

The FA must sack the ignorant idiot NOW!

john mullins

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:44 pm

He should be sacked then, the bloody idiot. I can understand a man on 15-20K hanging on to his job, but someone on a wage like this? How can he possibly continue in his job, the overpaid cretin. This just shows you how thick McClaren really is.

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:51 pm

Manchester Saddler wrote:He is tactically inept, clueless and indecisive about his team selections and somehow managed to stumble on two decent performances against Israel and Russia at home.

Isn't that just the worst of it? We finally figure that playing Gerrard and Lampard together in a 4-4-2 DOES NOT WORK! And then he goes and changes it to accommodate Lampard. What a clown. Even dropping Gerrard and playing Lampard and Barry/Hargreaves in a 4-4-2 would have been better, but no he doesn't realise when he's on to a good thing and wrecks England's chances of qualification. Incompetent buffoon.

Cheesebag
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Hes holding on for he compo.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:53 pm

Latest is that the FA have called a board meeting for tomorrow morning, can only mean one thing... hopefully

saddler82

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:12 pm

what a complete fudge arse.""we had a bad start".
thats cause we had a complete tw-t in charge.

this is the lowest england memory i have.

Asps
Ex-Site Sponsor

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Cheesebag wrote:Hes holding on for he compo.

Crikey

Deano_Saddler
UTS Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:30 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Latest is that the FA have called a board meeting for tomorrow morning, can only mean one thing... hopefully

hopefully he will go then & i really hope the FA take their time on the finding the new manager, the last thing we need is the FA rushing things & picking the wrong man for the job.
Latest ive heard is that Shearer is meant to be in the lead for the new job.

The Red Prince
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:34 pm

Deano_Saddler wrote:
philthesaddler wrote:Latest is that the FA have called a board meeting for tomorrow morning, can only mean one thing... hopefully

hopefully he will go then & i really hope the FA take their time on the finding the new manager, the last thing we need is the FA rushing things & picking the wrong man for the job.
Latest ive heard is that Shearer is meant to be in the lead for the new job.

Could work you know, look at van Basten and Klinsmann, both without previous management experience, both legendary strikers for their country.

Des Lynam

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:38 pm

Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho...

..........or after tonight, maybe Slaven Bilic !

thickkearns
UTS Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:40 pm

pitiful performance , got to fall on his sword , then again they still haven't paid Swen off have they ?

Reading Saddler
UTS Regular

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:29 am

Sven was compensated per week until the full amount was paid or he found a new job. He got the full amount then he got a new job!

Mclaren is blatantly holding off for cash.

waste of space!

Bristol Fan
Glitterati

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:35 am

Des Lynam wrote:Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho...

..........or after tonight, maybe Slaven Bilic !

Well, he worked us out, that's for sure. Don't bother challenging Crouch for the (innumerable) long balls, but use your back four to stop people running in to catch the flick-ons. Was obvious it was what they were doing from the start, but our esteemed management team didn't seem to notice.

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:05 am

I'm not even going to say anything

Exile
Jobsworth

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:47 am

SO glad we lost - at least now we won't be totally disgraced in the finals. McLaren - words fail me. I can't begin to describe how I feel about this loathsome specimen. Tie him to a tree in a forest full of wolves.

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:56 am

Exile wrote:SO glad we lost - at least now we won't be totally disgraced in the finals. McLaren - words fail me. I can't begin to describe how I feel about this loathsome specimen. Tie him to a tree in a forest full of wolves.

Or Wolves fans!!!

Right now its had time to sink in and what a shower of S**T, utterley deplorable, and he should have gone weeks if not months ago, the guy never won anything at boro and will never win anything ever unless he enters a competition for clueless ginger t*****s (and even then he'd prob dye his hair and come 3rd)

If we had qualified through the back door it would not have been deserved, not the strongest ever england team but plenty to finish above russia and croatia, wet we stuttered and splutttered and if we had qualified it would have been like winning a race in a ferrari against a load of ladas, and only winning because the lada that was in the lead blew up in the last lap (yes i knoe ive used this elsewhere but its early) He had the tools and didnt know how to use them properly

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:49 am

Gaz the Train wrote:
Exile wrote:SO glad we lost - at least now we won't be totally disgraced in the finals. McLaren - words fail me. I can't begin to describe how I feel about this loathsome specimen. Tie him to a tree in a forest full of wolves.

Or Wolves fans!!!

Right now its had time to sink in and what a shower of S**T, utterley deplorable, and he should have gone weeks if not months ago, the guy never won anything at boro and will never win anything ever unless he enters a competition for clueless ginger t*****s (and even then he'd prob dye his hair and come 3rd)

If we had qualified through the back door it would not have been deserved, not the strongest ever england team but plenty to finish above russia and croatia, wet we stuttered and splutttered and if we had qualified it would have been like winning a race in a ferrari against a load of ladas, and only winning because the lada that was in the lead blew up in the last lap (yes i knoe ive used this elsewhere but its early) He had the tools and didnt know how to use them properly

Dunno about you, but I hate being proved right. :evil: :evil:

By the way, McClaren did win something with Boro, which is more than can be said for any other English manager recently. And Bilic said he thought our group was by far the hardest - singling out Israel and Macedonia as strong opponents. I don't know if he's right, and I'm certainly not defending McClaren. It's just all the more galling to know that we DO have a talented bunch of players, who just need organising properly, and we could have had a chance of doing something in the finals next summer. But one person has ruined all that.

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:53 am

Registered Saddler wrote:
Gaz the Train wrote:

Or Wolves fans!!!

Dunno about you, but I hate being proved right. :evil: :evil:

By the way, McClaren did win something with Boro, which is more than can be said for any other English manager recently. And Bilic said he thought our group was by far the hardest - singling out Israel and Macedonia as strong opponents. I don't know if he's right, and I'm certainly not defending McClaren. It's just all the more galling to know that we DO have a talented bunch of players, who just need organising properly, and we could have had a chance of doing something in the finals next summer. But one person has ruined all that.

In terms of FIFA rankings (far from perfect obviously), our group was the second easiest. Scotland's was the hardest - and with France, Italy and Ukraine in it that's tough to argue with. Are Israel and Macedonia really better 4th and 5th seeds than Scotland and Georgia? I'm not convinced.

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:36 pm

john mullins wrote:
He should be sacked then, the bloody idiot. I can understand a man on 15-20K hanging on to his job, but someone on a wage like this? How can he possibly continue in his job, the overpaid cretin. This just shows you how thick McClaren really is.

On the contrary. Why would you resign from a job you're about to be sacked from and miss out on £2m?

The thick one is the one that resigns.

I don't like McLaren he's a smarmy git and I didn't want him in the first place but pretty much everyone is being so short sighted. Individual errors have cost us throughout the qualifying. Robinson is shyte, Carson made another muck up. Gerrard was awful in the second half yesterday. These are the best our country has to offer...what chance has any manager got with a bunch of idiots who can't raise play to their potential for a big game like that...apart from Mourinho?

latviancheese
Site Addict

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:47 pm

And you cant blame McClaren for taking the job, what Englishman wouldnt take it?

I wouldnt turn it down.

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:14 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:I don't like McLaren he's a smarmy git and I didn't want him in the first place but pretty much everyone is being so short sighted. Individual errors have cost us throughout the qualifying. Robinson is guano, Carson made another muck up. Gerrard was awful in the second half yesterday. These are the best our country has to offer...what chance has any manager got with a bunch of idiots who can't raise play to their potential for a big game like that...apart from Mourinho?

It's virtually the same XI (barring injuries) that got us to the World Cup quarter-finals. Do you really think that they aren't good enough to be in the finals?

Magic Man Fan
Site Addict

Location: Warning. Some posts may cause offence...to the over sensitive or slow.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:18 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:I don't like McLaren he's a smarmy git and I didn't want him in the first place but pretty much everyone is being so short sighted. Individual errors have cost us throughout the qualifying. Robinson is guano, Carson made another muck up. Gerrard was awful in the second half yesterday. These are the best our country has to offer...what chance has any manager got with a bunch of idiots who can't raise play to their potential for a big game like that...apart from Mourinho?

It's virtually the same XI (barring injuries) that got us to the World Cup quarter-finals. Do you really think that they aren't good enough to be in the finals?

I'm not saying McLaren isn't to blame, he's useless but so are the players. All this rubbish about motivating them, they shouldn't need motivating in an England shirt. Tactics is another thing entirely but last night was lost on performances, not tactics and it's been the same throughout the qualifying.

Neil Ravenscroft
Site Admin

Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:05 am

Magic Man Fan wrote:

I'm not saying McLaren isn't to blame, he's useless but so are the players. All this rubbish about motivating them, they shouldn't need motivating in an England shirt. Tactics is another thing entirely but last night was lost on performances, not tactics and it's been the same throughout the qualifying.

Exactly, my son. That's why I did the front page article, as they seemed to be getting off scott free in the McClaren witch hunt. The players and the FA, in their own way, are as much to blame.

Return to England Highs & Lows