Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

England v Croatia

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 pm

loop wrote:I know we all like a joke but come on you can't seriously think Lamard was any good tonight he was as USELESS as Gerrard, Bridge, Lescott etc.....

Of course I do.
He passed, he moved and he had the bottle.
Poor bloke was let down by every team mate bar Peter Crouch.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:09 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:So can someone explain to me what Beckham actually did besides the ball to Crouch? What did he do in the other 44 minutes and 59 seconds?

Showed passion unlike the zombie like lampard and gerrard ?

They even said in commentary that england were not getting the ball into him.

Honestly mate, your blind if you think Lampard did well tonight. He wasnt the worse, but he was dreadful.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:09 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:So can someone explain to me what Beckham actually did besides the ball to Crouch? What did he do in the other 44 minutes and 59 seconds?

More than Lampard and Gerrard put together.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:10 pm

latviancheese wrote:

So tell me what contribution he made to the match besides the goal?
In footballing terms....
Tell me so blind one...

yoda
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:10 pm

I know people love praising crouch because he tries hard, but he is not good enough. he does not have the talent to be up there on his own.

loop
UTS Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
loop wrote:I know we all like a joke but come on you can't seriously think Lamard was any good tonight he was as USELESS as Gerrard, Bridge, Lescott etc.....

Of course I do.
He passed, he moved and he had the bottle.
Poor bloke was let down by every team mate bar Peter Crouch.

Oh poor little Lampard :roll:

latviancheese
Site Addict

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
latviancheese wrote:

In footballing terms....
Tell me so blind one...

Set up a goal, easy. Wanted the ball, but no one gave it to him. Could actually put in a delivery.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

yoda wrote:I know people love praising crouch because he tries hard, but he is not good enough. he does not have the talent to be up there on his own.

But he scores goals. Unlike De Foe, Bent and Rooney! :roll:

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Sheff I dont know if your have played football before, I am guessing not.

Lampard AND gerrard were shocking tonight. Lampard is club class not world class.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:12 pm

latviancheese wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
latviancheese wrote:

In footballing terms....
Tell me so blind one...

Set up a goal, easy. Wanted the ball, but no one gave it to him. Could actually put in a delivery.

What delivery did he put in besides the goal? Tell me......

Registered Saddler
UTS Legend

Well done Peter Crouch. You showed it's possible to play for England like you're proud of it. Now go and find 10 others like you instead of the over-paid, ill-disciplined, spineless, poncy, lazy, gutless, clueless rabble that were out there tonight. I'm embarrassed and ashamed of the lot of them, we can't single anyone else out - they were just as bad as each other. It would be laughable if we didn't care so much.

McClaren will fall on his sword, pity that's only a turn of phrase, and hopefully we will get a football manager in instead.

SaddlerInALabcoat

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
latviancheese wrote:

In footballing terms....
Tell me so blind one...

Sheff i have watched you rant about Lampard from afar for a while now and always thought that you had a little bit of a sense of humour and this was how it manifests itself, but god, you actually do really rate Lampard for England dont you. Are you on ketamine.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Ego Sum Ego Existo wrote:Sheff I dont know if your have played football before, I am guessing not.

Lampard AND gerrard were shocking tonight. Lampard is club class not world class.

And I am guessing you defiantely havent.

yoda
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:13 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
yoda wrote:I know people love praising crouch because he tries hard, but he is not good enough. he does not have the talent to be up there on his own.

tonight was largely beckhams work. After that he lives off that run of games he scored in against joke teams like jamaica.

theres a reason he doesnt have a league goal this season by the end of november. Yes, part of that reason is he doesnt start, but why doesnt he start . . . . .?

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:13 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:
Ego Sum Ego Existo wrote:Sheff I dont know if your have played football before, I am guessing not.

And I am guessing you defiantely havent.

I think you should ask a few others my friend if I have... care for a game ?? :P

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:14 pm

yoda wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:

tonight was largely beckhams work. After that he lives off that run of games he scored in against joke teams like jamaica.

theres a reason he doesnt have a league goal this season by the end of november. Yes, part of that reason is he doesnt start, but why doesnt he start . . . . .?

Send a letter to Liverpool FC, cc manager. :roll:

loop
UTS Veteran

I wonder if his real name is Alan and he phones WM after every home game ? :lol:

Only kidding don't go off on one. :wink:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

SheffieldSaddler wrote:An absolutely gutless performance.
Only Crouch can come out with his head held high after that performance.
Barry, Lescott, Bridge, Gerrard, Beckham - None are International class.
Super Frank tried his best, but you cant do the job of the 5 people mentioned above.

Sheff - Lampard was as crap as the rest of them. How many misplaced passes did Lampard and Gerrard both make? I agree about Crouch but every last one of the rest of them was very very poor - including your beloved Frank and my beloved Stevie.

Carson - an unforgiveable howler will almost certainly mark him as a donkey in goal.
Bridge - the worst player on the pitch - almost gifted Croatia a fourth goal.
Lescott - a total waste of space. Surely there's a better player than him
Campbell - totally useless.
Richards - got forward and put himself about a bit but didn't get back when he needed to.
Cole - A poor game by his standards. Should have taken them on and supported Crouch better.
Lampard - A poor game by his standards - he can play better than that BUT HE didn't.
Gerrard - Rubbish - the worst game I have ever seen him play for England
Barry - what happened to the player who played so well against Russia and Israel? Anonymous and pathetic.
Crouch - The ONLY England player who deserves to come out of this game with some credit - brilliantly taken goal.
Wright-Phillips - I thought he played OK but really should have scored.

Beckham - Great pass but anonymous - a shadow of his former self
Defoe - Can't get into Spurs first team - why is he playing for England?
Bent - Did nothing apart from one effort

And as for McClaren - the man MUST resign. He is useless, totally and utterly useless. The man is naive tactically and should never have been manager of England in the first place. The WORST England manager in recent history. If he refuses to resign he MUST BE SACKED. A total disaster area.

I am utterly dejected and the sad thing is that my prediction that neither England nor Scotland would qualify has come true.

Where do we go from here? I just don't know!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hamstead Red

latviancheese wrote:

How on Earth can you pick out Beckham for criticism when Barry, Gerrard and Lampard were so obviously totaly and utterly ineffective and mind numbingly useless .

yoda
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 pm

im not knocking the guys effort. But hes just not talented enough - look at us. We cant qualify for the 2nd biggest tournament. Yes you probably like the guys work ethic, but we have not qualified. There is a serious lack of taleknt upfront

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 pm

12 goals in 24 Internationals says he is

yoda
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 pm

A so called 'hat trick' against Jamaica being 3 of those goals.

I suspect if we look up the other teams they will also be joke friendly games.

lack of qualification says he isnt good enough

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 pm

SaddlerInALabcoat wrote:
SheffieldSaddler wrote:
latviancheese wrote:

In footballing terms....
Tell me so blind one...

Sheff i have watched you rant about Lampard from afar for a while now and always thought that you had a little bit of a sense of humour and this was how it manifests itself, but god, you actually do really rate Lampard for England dont you. Are you on ketamine.

Now THAT is funny - just spat red wine everywhere :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goose277
Glitterati

Location: One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:19 pm

yoda wrote:A so called 'hat trick' against Jamaica being 3 of those goals.

I suspect if we look up the other teams they will also be joke friendly games.

lack of qualification says he isnt good enough

I can't believe you're putting this at Crouch's door. His job is to score goals, he does just that. This was a poor campaign from top to bottom. To blame 1 player is plain stupidity.

Stick

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Yep, also remember that Crouch is probably Englands 3rd choice striker. Just to put it in perspective. Had Rooney and/or Owen been available he probably wouldn't have played.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Defending was atrocious, tactics were all wrong, one dimensional play, and Beckham the one -trick pony rolled out so that his female octagenerian fans from the home counties can get wet about him.

What a shower. MCLAREN OUT

Jeremy Busby
UTS Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 pm

Its all very well saying the manager must go (and i agree) but after the SGE period there was an uproar on here as to the idea of another non English appointment.

So who is it to be:

Big Sam has hardly set the world alight in Geordieland has he

Goose277
Glitterati

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:27 pm

Stick wrote:Yep, also remember that Crouch is probably Englands 3rd choice striker. Just to put it in perspective. Had Rooney and/or Owen been available he probably wouldn't have played.

That's what's wrong with the England team. Players get picked on reputation instead of performance. Is it just England that would pick a striker who hasn't scored in 2 years (prior to last month) over a striker who gets 1 in 2.

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 pm

Id go with Capello.

Failing that Mourinho.

Failing that Scolari.

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:30 pm

Jeremy Busby wrote:Its all very well saying the manager must go (and i agree) but after the SGE period there was an uproar on here as to the idea of another non English appointment.

So who is it to be:

Big Sam has hardly set the world alight in Geordieland has he

There is no English manager good enough. The closest would be Martin O'Neill (Irish).

I would gladly welcome Jose Mourinho as the new Engalnd manager ...

PreviousNext
Return to England Highs & Lows