Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

England vs South Africa (Rugby)

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

England vs South Africa (Rugby)

Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:47 pm

Congratulations South Africa.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Im not congratulatiing those muppets.

I hate em.

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:08 pm

A little harsh. England threw it away by giving stupid penalties, think how much this means to a country like SA. Of course I'm upset but the next world cup is only in 4 years and this one came round a lot quicker than I thought.

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:09 pm

England have come a long long way over the last few weeks - it is the swan-song for many of the England team and they forced SA to win it by the kicking game.

Honestly - the best side in the whole thing won it and yet they had to fight every minute to do that!

SaigonSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:32 pm

cyclothymic wrote:England have come a long long way over the last few weeks - it is the swan-song for many of the England team and they forced SA to win it by the kicking game.

Honestly - the best side in the whole thing won it and yet they had to fight every minute to do that!

Agreed, well done England. Not least for upsetting Aussies and the Frogs along the way. Whatever else happened we restored some pride!

Young_Tong
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:37 pm

SaigonSaddler wrote:
cyclothymic wrote:England have come a long long way over the last few weeks - it is the swan-song for many of the England team and they forced SA to win it by the kicking game.

Agreed, well done England. Not least for upsetting Aussies and the Frogs along the way. Whatever else happened we restored some pride!

I second these sentiments. We beat some tough teams along the way whom I would rather beat than SA as far as I'm concerned England won 2 Finals on their way to play SA.

Exile
Jobsworth

Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:32 pm

Well done the Jaapies for winning the game, and well done to England for performing beyond my wildest dreams compared to 5 weeks ago.

Return to England Highs & Lows