Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

England vs Estonia

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Dynamo Zuffle
UTS Legend

Location: In the white room with black curtains near the station.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:26 pm

We should be able to beat Estonia hopefully by 3 goals and then go to Russia and get a point.

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:36 pm

A nervous 1-0 at half time but then a quick 2 after the break see us win 3 - 0

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:12 pm

1 up!

Nice little finish from Wright-Philips

WSOne
UTS Regular

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:21 pm

Since when has Mart Poom's surname been pronounced 'Porm'?

:roll:

Plastic Hawk
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:31 pm

I think Motson's made up that pronunciation to be honest.

However you say his name, though, Poom should have saved the first goal.

2-0 now - Rooney. About time!!

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:33 pm

3-0

og!

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:35 pm

WSOne wrote:Since when has Mart Poom's surname been pronounced 'Porm'?

:roll:

Motto and Lawro - what a pair of Parus majors :P

Wrack4England

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:56 pm

how are we winning by 3 goals.We're playing rubbish. nothing like the high tempo we saw against israel and russia. attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:00 pm

Wrack4England wrote:how are we winning by 3 goals.We're playing rubbish. nothing like the high tempo we saw against israel and russia. attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we match our play to the opposition, who are not really very good. I'm happy with 3-0 at half time

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Well - Ashley Cole has done his knee in by the look of it! Probably out for Wednesday

Wrack4England

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:16 pm

cyclothymic wrote:Well - Ashley Cole has done his knee in by the look of it! Probably out for Wednesday

Yes! :D :D

ws3
Glitterati

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:40 pm

I cannot remember the last time I was this bored.

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:22 pm

ws3 wrote:I cannot remember the last time I was this bored.

I was out first half missed all the decent action and fell asleep 2nd half was that numbing, cant we lend england dancing boy

yoda
Site Addict

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:47 pm

I feel sorry for those who forked out for tickets.

Im eager to know - did lampard get booed? I fell asleep in the 2nd half!

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:52 pm

I actually went to sleep - when I woke up it was all over and Mrs C told me that the final score was 3-3 :shock:

loop
UTS Veteran

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:09 pm

Yes Lumplard was booed, don't really like him as a player that much but i don't think he deserved that.

SheffieldSaddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Yet another completely useless performance by Gerrard. If Super Frank performed in such a useless way he would be hanged.
The quicker people realise that this useless scouse piece of pooh is actually the right description, the better.

cyclothymic
UTS Legend

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:45 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:Yet another completely useless performance by Gerrard. If Super Frank performed in such a useless way he would be hanged.
The quicker people realise that this useless scouse piece of pooh is actually the right description, the better.

The would need a flipping strong rope though wouldn't they :P

technosaddler

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:35 pm

Just got back from wembley al i can say is what a fantastic stadium if you thought the millennium was good you ain't seen nothing yet.
The only trouble is the whole area that surrounds the ground is a s**t hole..
Yes Lampard was booed when he came on and we couldn't understand why with 20 mins to go the stadium started to empty
We came out with 2 mins to go and i guess the attendance at that time was about 40,000 if that.
But what a great day i had :lol:

Manchester Saddler
Site Addict

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:31 pm

SheffieldSaddler wrote:Yet another completely useless performance by Gerrard. If Super Frank performed in such a useless way he would be hanged.

Rearrange these words into a sentence ...

player best England's Stevie is Gerrard

Thank God McClown saw fit to relegate Lampard to the bench. As I've said before - Lampard is only worthy of a place is Stevie G is injured - FACT :wink:

(Still think McClaren is crap though !!!! :D )

Duke
Site Addict

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:55 am

job done in the first half , A bit of luck with all our goals , second half a non event . another impressive performance from Barry , wonder if he'll play left back in Moscow if Cole dosen't recover .?

Pedagogue
Board Pedant

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:58 am

technosaddler wrote:Just got back from Wembley. All I can say is "What a fantastic stadium!". If you thought the Millennium Stadium was good, you ain't seen nothing yet.
The only trouble is the whole area that surrounds the ground is a s**t hole.

Spot on description, there, TS. It is indeed a superb stadium (as it should be, for what it cost!) but located in the utter s**thole that is Wembley, which is an embarrassment to the Country - such is the obsession with locating such facilities in London.

Student

Location: Pic above shows my 3 year-old boy watching Walsall. It dow get any better son!

Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:20 am

technosaddler wrote:Just got back from wembley al i can say is what a fantastic stadium if you thought the millennium was good you ain't seen nothing yet.
Yes Lampard was booed when he came on and we couldn't understand why with 20 mins to go the stadium started to empty
We came out with 2 mins to go and i guess the attendance at that time was about 40,000 if that.

This has happened at every England game so far since our return to Wembley. I don't know if you saw the queues for the trains after the game, but it takes a good hour to get all those using public transport away from the stadium.

Plus yesterday many were probably more eager to get home to watch the egg chasing on telly. Heard lots of criticism about the performance yesterday, but I really don't understand what the fuss is about. We walked into a 3-0 lead early on and strolled around for the last hour. Why bust a gut trying to win 6-0 when the big game is on Wednesday? Job done, onto Russia.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:44 am

Student wrote:
technosaddler wrote:Just got back from wembley al i can say is what a fantastic stadium if you thought the millennium was good you ain't seen nothing yet.

This has happened at every England game so far since our return to Wembley. I don't know if you saw the queues for the trains after the game, but it takes a good hour to get all those using public transport away from the stadium.

Plus yesterday many were probably more eager to get home to watch the egg chasing on telly. Heard lots of criticism about the performance yesterday, but I really don't understand what the fuss is about. We walked into a 3-0 lead early on and strolled around for the last hour. Why bust a gut trying to win 6-0 when the big game is on Wednesday? Job done, onto Russia.

I noticed the stadium emptying very early, by the final whistle I reckon 2 thirds of the crowd had gone. They may have their reasons, buts thats disgraceful and a perfect example of why the stadium shouldn't have been built in London.

philthesaddler
Site Addict

Location: Bescot Stadium, 'the stadium that never closes'. Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-4pm

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:46 am

Manchester Saddler wrote:

Thank God McClown saw fit to relegate Lampard to the bench. As I've said before - Lampard is only worthy of a place is Stevie G is injured - FACT :wink:

(Still think McClaren is crud though !!!! :D )

Personally I thought Gerrard had a poor game, by his standards, his passing and running wasn't as good as it usually is.

Joe Cole was head and shoulders above any one else.

King Crimson
Poet Laureate

Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:45 pm

philthesaddler wrote:Personally I thought Gerrard had a poor game, by his standards, his passing and running wasn't as good as it usually is.

I'd agree with that. Not a great game by Gerrard yesterday, but the idea that he should be dropped is quite Frank-ly ludicrous.

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:08 am

philthesaddler wrote:
Manchester Saddler wrote:

(Still think McClaren is crud though !!!! :D )

Personally I thought Gerrard had a poor game, by his standards, his passing and running wasn't as good as it usually is.

He is a bit out of sorts at the moment is Stevie. Still put some good slide rule passes through for Owen mind. He is Englands best player , and probably the best all round player in the World.

Did you like the pass that Lampard played to Richards, bout 10 foot behind him that went straight out for a throwin, brilliant !

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 am

I agree with Sheff about gerrard. he was beyond awful. he isnt our best midfielder; hargreaves and Joe Cole are. He has done nothing in an england shirt like lampard for years. bomb him out. useless, he was so lax and not interested it was untrue!

Neuromantic
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 am

Oh and Blazing, Kaka, Messi, Deco, C Ronaldo, Juninho, Riquelme, Iniesta, Diarra, Essien, Sneijder, Xavi, Pirlo, Maxi, Fabregas and Frings are all much better than Gerrard.

He has this sort of nostalgic hold over people in this country that he is class, im not doubting that he is an excellent player, but he has done nothing for england for a long time. To be outshone by Barry says it all.

latviancheese
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 am

Massachusetts Saddler wrote:I agree with Sheff about gerrard. he was beyond awful. he isnt our best midfielder; hargreaves and Joe Cole are. He has done nothing in an england shirt like lampard for years. bomb him out. useless, he was so lax and not interested it was untrue!

:lol:

Love yow xx

Aslong as England dont play Michael Carrick, theyll be alright.

I too think Joe cole is good for england, but he's not on the left, I dont like Downing much, but we'd benefit more from have a natural left footer.

PreviousNext
Return to England Highs & Lows