Welcome. This site is an archived version of the previous UpTheSaddlers forum (December 2004 to May 2018). To visit the new UTS website, please click here.

England vs Estonia

Walsall supporters react to England's despairs - as they happened. No text speak, please.
Forum rules
No swearing. No text speak. Don't avoid the swear filter.
Exile
Jobsworth

Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:00 am

Well, Cole won't be playing against Russia, so no doubt we'll all have a chance to see what Lampard can do when he's given his chance in an England shirt. No doubt it'll be the wrong sort of snow that'll be his undoing.

big baz 1
UTS Legend

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 am

What a shame about cashley cole :D :D :D :D i hope he doesnt put barry at left back and puts lampard in the middle with stevie g . Barry and stevie g have played really together i would play either lescott or shorey at left back and not p neville.

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Location: Poking chimps with sticks and walking away since 2004.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:25 am

Massachusetts Saddler wrote:I agree with Sheff about gerrard. he was beyond awful. he isnt our best midfielder; hargreaves and Joe Cole are. He has done nothing in an england shirt like lampard for years. bomb him out. useless, he was so lax and not interested it was untrue!

just another example of Dazza "there are no shades of grey" period head

Student

Location: Pic above shows my 3 year-old boy watching Walsall. It dow get any better son!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:32 am

Fray Bentos is God! wrote:
Massachusetts Saddler wrote:I agree with Sheff about gerrard. he was beyond awful. he isnt our best midfielder; hargreaves and Joe Cole are. He has done nothing in an england shirt like lampard for years. bomb him out. useless, he was so lax and not interested it was untrue!

just another example of Dazza "there are no shades of grey" period head

I know. I can recall the game in Barcelona against Andorra when Gerrard ran the show and practically won the game on his own. Not the best of opposition I agree, but he seemed like the only player bothered when we went in at half time 0-0 against a team of part timers. Of course it would have been completely different if Gary Neville had been playing ......... :wink:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:38 am

Massachusetts Saddler wrote:Oh and Blazing, Kaka, Messi, Deco, Ronaldo, Juninho, Riquelme, Iniesta, Diarra, Essien, Sneijder, Xavi, Pirlo, Maxi, Fabregas and Frings are all much better than Gerrard.

He has this sort of nostalgic hold over people in this country that he is class, im not doubting that he is an excellent player, but he has done nothing for england for a long time. To be outshone by Barry says it all.

well you can discount those because they dont play in the same position, you might as well say henry or oliver kahn is better than him

Kaka, Riquelme and Deco are out and out attacking midfielders and cant do box to box if they tried all day and Diarra and Essien are primarily defensive (not to say they doe get around sometimes)

Out of that list ill give you Xavi, Pirlo and on what could be, Fabregas. Juninho has played in the french league most of his career which isnt really a stretch and Sneidjer has only just moved to a top league, if he was a top player Ajax wouldnt be overshadowed by AZ Alkmaar but well see about him.

Frings is decent as is Iniesta, better than Gerrard they are not but Frings has been on a nike advert with your yga boots on so that must be why hes on the list

Daz, are you advocating fat frank then?

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:40 am

PS Gary Neville is Jesus

PPS Xabi Alonso + Jav Mascherano >>>>>>>> Iniesta and Frings

Duke
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:41 am

big baz 1 wrote:What a shame about cashley cole :D :D :D :D i hope he doesnt put barry at left back and puts lampard in the middle with stevie g . Barry and stevie g have played really together i would play either lescott or shorey at left back and not p neville.

BBC Reporting Phil Neville is favourite to start at left back.

doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Student

Location: Pic above shows my 3 year-old boy watching Walsall. It dow get any better son!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:44 am

DAVEDEAN wrote:
big baz 1 wrote:What a shame about cashley cole :D :D :D :D i hope he doesnt put barry at left back and puts lampard in the middle with stevie g . Barry and stevie g have played really together i would play either lescott or shorey at left back and not p neville.

BBC Reporting Phil Neville is favourite to start at left back.

doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Any pun intended? :lol:

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:20 am

Massachusetts Saddler wrote:Oh and Blazing, Kaka, Messi, Deco, C Ronaldo, Juninho, Riquelme, Iniesta, Diarra, Essien, Sneijder, Xavi, Pirlo, Maxi, Fabregas and Frings are all much better than Gerrard.

He has this sort of nostalgic hold over people in this country that he is class, im not doubting that he is an excellent player, but he has done nothing for england for a long time. To be outshone by Barry says it all.

You miss read the post clearly.

All round footballer. He probably isn't as good in an attacking sense as say Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi etc, but can they tackle as well as Gerrard ? he tackles better than most center backs. Do the likes of Pirlo, Riquelme, Deco, cover the ground in a game Gerrard does ?

He is a bit out of sorts, has been for Liverpool for a few weeks now. He will be back.

Not arguing about Cole, he has been fantastic for England, don't make me laugh about Hargreaves though, he aint fit to lace up Gerrard's boots

We-ARE-Walsall
Site Addict

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:31 am

Massachusetts Saddler wrote:Oh and Blazing, Kaka, Messi, Deco, C Ronaldo, Juninho, Riquelme, Iniesta, Diarra, Essien, Sneijder, Xavi, Pirlo, Maxi, Fabregas and Frings are all much better than Gerrard.

Also, how many times have you seen Gerrard play, not on your little box. I mean play live. I haven't been to any of the games at Wembley, but I rarely missed any when we were on the road. You appreciate so much more how good a player is. Same as Ashley Cole, a lot of people moan about him, if anyone ever seen him play live, you will appreciate just how good he is.

No coincidence that Liverpool are struggling because Gerrard is out of form. He'll be back though, class is permanent

Gaz the Train
UTS Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:34 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:

Also, how many times have you seen Gerrard play, not on your little box. I mean play live. I haven't been to any of the games at Wembley, but I rarely missed any when we were on the road. You appreciate so much more how good a player is. Same as Ashley Cole, a lot of people moan about him, if anyone ever seen him play live, you will appreciate just how good he is.

No coincidence that Liverpool are struggling because Gerrard is out of form. He'll be back though, class is permanent

He aint as goos as our Antnee!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fray Bentos is God!
Site Addict

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:15 pm

Blazing_Saddler wrote:

You miss read the post clearly.
All round footballer. He probably isn't as good in an attacking sense as say Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi etc, but can they tackle as well as Gerrard ? he tackles better than most center backs. Do the likes of Pirlo, Riquelme, Deco, cover the ground in a game Gerrard does ?

He is a bit out of sorts, has been for Liverpool for a few weeks now. He will be back.

Not arguing about Cole, he has been fantastic for England, don't make me laugh about Hargreaves though, he aint fit to lace up Gerrard's boots

Story of his life in a footballing debate :)

Previous
Return to England Highs & Lows